Quantcast
Opinion: BB Flip / BB Touch Screen - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Opinion: BB Flip / BB Touch Screen

My Ride
    '91 mustang GT, '06 Cobalt

Default Opinion: BB Flip / BB Touch Screen

Just wondering what people think of the new upcoming blackberrys... i know its hard to say at this point, but just curious what other people think.... i personally like both of them.

Blackberry 8220 "Flip" Phone
    http://www.blackberry.com/blackberrypearl/8220.shtml

Blackberry "Thunder"
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-thu...-player-images

http://crackberry.com/exclusive-firs...kberry-thunder

My Ride
    2005 Honda Civic

I prefer talking into a calculator. One of the reasons I bought it is because it's not touchscreen but they got to compete I guess. It was only 30 minutes ago I got super frustrated from my 8703e browser not handling secure login.
    Originally posted by adamc
    you can pretty much skip over any posts that have no punctuation, as a general rule of thumb.

My Ride

haha ya i know what u mean.... the flip might do well tho. Its nice to have the keyboard/screen protected in your pocket, but i still like having the full keyboard instead of the pearl keyboard..

My Ride
    W213

I would probably pick neither out of that bunch. If you are planning on getting a Blackberry Id be more inclined to stick with what their bread and butter is...a full qwerty keyboard.

What about the Javelin?

My Ride
    2005 Honda Civic

Originally posted by spyce
    I would probably pick neither out of that bunch. If you are planning on getting a Blackberry Id be more inclined to stick with what their bread and butter is...a full qwerty keyboard.

What about the Javelin?
    Bread And Butter is the push email technology that everyone else seems to be failing at. Also the dedicated servers for PIN messages.

Javelin also won't be out until first quarter as the reports are saying and even then it probably won't port over to CDMA for another 2 years.

And for the screen/keyboard being protected in your pocket, why do you even put your Blackberry in your pocket at all? That's why it comes with a case.
    you can pretty much skip over any posts that have no punctuation, as a general rule of thumb.

My Ride
    2003 Rsx Type S WHITE, Ninja zx250r

when is the "flip" BB out?
    please don't flame me, or i'll have to learn how to use the ban button

My Ride
    W213

Originally posted by gkAeris
    when is the "flip" BB out?
    the pearl/kickstart should be out this month
    i think thats what i last saw about release info for it on rogers

What exactly is "push email"? From what I understand, it is basically: when you get an email, it is immediately recieved on your Blackberry?

The day I buy a blackberry is when they have the Full QWERTY keyboard and touchscreen. That would be Ultimate.

Either that or HTC Dream with Google Android...

My Ride
    2005 Honda Civic

Originally posted by Impreza
    What exactly is "push email"? From what I understand, it is basically: when you get an email, it is immediately recieved on your Blackberry?
    When you receive email in Outlook or on your Windows Mobile device, the computer queries the server where the mail is located and asks if there is mail available. If there is mail, it pulls it back to the computer/device where you can read it. This is pull email and the only way to automate it is to set your device to query the server on specified intervals which runs down your battery and eats up processes.

Research In Motion (RIM) developed the Blackberry and also a server specific to it to get around this. *This is how I understand it* Their server queries your email account for your rapidly and when email is available, it gets it and pushes it out to your Blackberry. So you don't need to have your device check and see if email is available, it just notifies you when the email has already arrived to your device. Also it allows a PIN messaging system which goes Blackberry to Blackberry though the RIM server and instantly delivers messages with receipt notification based on a unique handheld identification number.

To make it short, you don't have to keep checking your email to see if you have it. It simply arrives and is cleaner on the backend.

My Ride

Originally posted by analbumcover
    The day I buy a blackberry is when they have the Full QWERTY keyboard and touchscreen. That would be Ultimate.

Either that or HTC Dream with Google Android...
    i agree, touch screen and full keyboard would be awesome.

and ya, i probably should just use the case for my phone, i just dont like wearing it around at school. for now i'll be sticking with my curve anyways...

I think these two phones are a great idea for rim to expand their target market. I myself would not buy either of these devices but I'm sure there are lots of people that will. The Storm will take some of the iphone type crown while the new pearl will grab everyday phone users that wouldn't mind having the extra capabilities if they ever need.

These phones aren't being made for the average crackberry addict to upgrade to but instead attract a new crowd.

Oh and the 8220 is the new pearl.

As for the touchscreen berry, "Thunder" was it's code name. It's officially named the "Blackberry Storm" for those confused.

touch screen with slide out keyboard .. Google G1 .. http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...ne-938416.html

My Ride
    cayenne S/250ninja

I have the bold but I find it big compared to my old pearl.
    so if the new pearl si smaller again I would love to switch.
    although I woudln't mind the touchscreen either, I heard the thunder is going to be bigger than the iphone.
    who says girls can't beat guys!

My Ride
    2003 Rsx Type S WHITE, Ninja zx250r

this is all 2 g and not on 3 g network?
    please don't flame me, or i'll have to learn how to use the ban button

My Ride
    TDi

Touchscreen... I will never like them :P
    GO FLAMES GO!

My Ride
    2017 Q7, 2013 328 xDrive

I think with the flip phone they're trying to target a different market, like students or those who have never owned a smartphone before. There are also those who have only owned clam-shell type phones and will not get anything else. It's a good way to introduce those types of users to the BlackBerry, since they might otherwise never look at it.

That won't do as a business phone. I haven't seen anybody who has a corporate work BB have it be a Pearl. Trying to type messages on the non full size keyboard will get annoying, along with lots of mistakes.

And with the touchscreen, I prefer to feel the button I am about to press, since I don't necessarily look at the keys all the time. I also want to know if I actually pressed something.

I did read somewhere that the touchscreen will provide some sort of response, when you do touch it, so you can sort of feel that you did make contact. Not sure though.

I think the flip will do well, not so sure about the Thunder/Storm.

Originally posted by beecue
    touch screen with slide out keyboard .. Google G1 .. http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...ne-938416.html

Pretty sure thats the HTC Dream that will be running Android and coming out in Q4/Q1 for T-Mobile

My Ride

Originally posted by analbumcover

Pretty sure thats the HTC Dream that will be running Android and coming out in Q4/Q1 for T-Mobile
    Ya i think your right.
    It should definetly be a nice phone, but i still like blackberry messenger and being able to PIN

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast