A slow bike & an even slower car.

Originally posted by spikerS

I had 101% before it was cool.
    You could have it again if you wanted

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by A790

You could have it again if you wanted
    Nah, I look at it as I can post something absolutely stupid somewhere on Beyond twice before I actually have to donate to a charity.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Has AWD

Hey I just have a couple quick questions,

1) What is the deal on charity donations to regain user rating? Any legit charity? Local only? Within Alberta? Within Canada? Minimum donation? $20? $100?

2) Can I gain user rating points from positive marketplace transactions?

1. Any legit charity that provides a tax receipt AFAIK. I believe it was $25 per point.
    2. Unless the transaction is sexual, and between you and rage2, I don't think so.

There is no longer an official donate to charity and get user points back program

However, if you'd like some marketplace points back we can pick a charity for you do make a donation to. User points are added regularly to users who make a positive contribution to the community.
    ---

Originally posted by kenny
    There is no longer an official donate to charity and get user points back program

However, if you'd like some marketplace points back we can pick a charity for you do make a donation to. User points are added regularly to users who make a positive contribution to the community.
    So a question, is it just monetary donations that are considered positive contributions to the community with respect to earning user points?

I realize that a monetary donation can easily be tracked through a paper trail or such but there are probably many in these forums who contribute to the community in a far greater capacity through donated time/effort as opposed to any monetary donation that could be made - problem is that who would ever be able to properly verify that volunteered time/effort and additionally, what would be considered a positive contribution and does the community have defined borders?

I only pose the question because in the 90's, TELUS (AGT Ltd at the time) came up with some whacked scheme to reward the efforts a TELUS employee made in contributing to the community - TELUS would donate a sum of money to the group the TELUS employee was volunteering their time to. The problem was that TELUS was quite selective of which non-profit organization were worthy of being rewarded and which were not - one instance I was aware of was for a now long retired TELUS gentleman who donated countless hours of his time to little league baseball in the city and yet TELUS would not recognize his time or the organization he put all his volunteer hours into.

So when it is said "if you'd like some marketplace points back we can pick a charity for you do make a donation to", it does appear that there is some sort of pecking order in place and rightfully so, Beyond can do that because they are making up their own rules here. But it would be kind of nice to know in the first place what the "picked charities" might be - TELUS never did that and really upset a lot of people because many people who put massive amounts of volunteer hours to really wonderful non-profit organizations were effectively kicked to the curb because someone at TELUS had a set criteria that they wouldn't share at the outset or even any time after the program was in place.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

It's not. We've been giving points back for all sorts of contributions, from helping a member out in person to something as trivial as contributing positive posts.

To answer why we're now choosing the charity, we're choosing the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of Canada because one of our moderators kids was diagnosed with Leukemia last year.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Has AWD

do I get a userpoint for being part of the advanced scouting team for Beyonds 2015 weekly meets? cmon the 4 of us who went ahead for scouting this past Thursday should get at least half a point lol

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Originally posted by rage2
    To answer why we're now choosing the charity, we're choosing the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of Canada because one of our moderators kids was diagnosed with Leukemia last year.
    We should also considering giving points back to people who donate blood: eg: take a pic with yourself strapped into the machine holding a piece of paper with your username and date in the blood donation thread.

Originally posted by D'z Nutz

We should also considering giving points back to people who donate blood: eg: take a pic of yourself strapped into the machine holding a piece of paper with your username and date in the blood donation thread.
    ---

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by MGCM
    do I get a userpoint for being part of the advanced scouting team for Beyonds 2015 weekly meets? cmon the 4 of us who went ahead for scouting this past Thursday should get at least half a point lol
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Has AWD

Originally posted by spikerS

I never suggested a whole point, just half. The only one who should get a full point is Speeddog for digging up the info for the lot. That info he dug up has the potential to be a major contributing factor of this years weekly beyond meets. If you dont think the 4 ppl who went this past week for the trial deserve half a point for showing up to test the lot then thats fine, but at the very least Speeddog deserves a point for suggesting the lot and digging up the info.

I think the admins need to create a full outline for what beyond is willing to give userpoints for. New locked sticky thread perhaps?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

^ There are pretty explicit outlines for how to lose the points in the first place. Did those help?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Originally posted by D'z Nutz

We should also considering giving points back to people who donate blood: eg: take a pic with yourself strapped into the machine holding a piece of paper with your username and date in the blood donation thread.
    You've never done this before, eh.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Originally posted by speedog

You've never done this before, eh.
    Done what?

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by rage2

Sorry to hear that.

Donated? I don't recall being strapped in and taking a picture of one's self wouldn't be all that easy.

Never the less, my questions were answered adequately.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Originally posted by speedog
    Donated? I don't recall being strapped in and taking a picture of one's self wouldn't be all that easy.

Never the less, my questions were answered adequately.
    You know all those people walking around that work at the clinics? Those people that plug you in and make sure you're doing okay? You can ask them to take your picture for you. Weird eh?

I suppose but you wouldn't want my ugly mug on here.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Has AWD

Originally posted by killramos
    ^ There are pretty explicit outlines for how to lose the points in the first place. Did those help?
    i guess not cause your still trolling me

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 19 20 21 LastLast