Quantcast
Rogers Cell Phone plan Question, no more Free Caller ID?? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Rogers Cell Phone plan Question, no more Free Caller ID??

Question Rogers Cell Phone plan Question, no more Free Caller ID??

Hey guys, I got free caller ID 2 years ago when I sign the contract with Rogers (I believe most of you have caller ID for free). The contract was ended last month and I saw a $7 charge on my phone bill for the Caller ID service which I don't pay before.

I called rogers and the lady told me it is because my contract is over so I need to pay it as regular...I don't feel it is right, I believe whatever you got before with a contract you stay with it even if the contract is over, isn't it??? oh btw, I'm with Rogers for 5 years...

So let me know if it is true that I have to pay for the Caller ID if I had it for free before.

Thanks!!!
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    '21 F150 Lariat Nardo Grey

Nothing is free. They just credited you most likely. Did you re-sign or are you month to month now? The credit was probably for the duration of your last contract. If you've been with them for 5 years, you should be able to get the following retention plan easily.

$20 + SAF + 911

250min daytime
    unlimited evening/weekends @6pm
    caller id and voicemail

From there, you can try and milk them for some other options.

I just got a new contract with Rogers,

300 Anytime
    R2R
    Enhanced voicemail
    120 sent text
    6pm-6am unlimited
    who called detail display
    caller display

all this for 30 after tax and SAF and 911....

Originally posted by 93mr2gt
    I just got a new contract with Rogers,

300 Anytime
    R2R
    Enhanced voicemail
    120 sent text
    6pm-6am unlimited
    who called detail display
    caller display

all this for 30 after tax and SAF and 911....
    So everything you got now will be gone after your contract is over, right? Or you will still have them for month to month 3 years later?!

Default Re: Rogers Cell Phone plan Question, no more Free Caller ID??

if youve been with them for 5 years and your contract just expired call them and ask them what they can do for you in terms of a cheap contract and/or a phone upgrade. tell them you are looking at moving to telus because you like their packages and phones.
    rogers should offer you a good deal then.

Originally posted by oz388
    Hey guys, I got free caller ID 2 years ago when I sign the contract with Rogers (I believe most of you have caller ID for free). The contract was ended last month and I saw a $7 charge on my phone bill for the Caller ID service which I don't pay before.

I called rogers and the lady told me it is because my contract is over so I need to pay it as regular...I don't feel it is right, I believe whatever you got before with a contract you stay with it even if the contract is over, isn't it??? oh btw, I'm with Rogers for 5 years...

So let me know if it is true that I have to pay for the Caller ID if I had it for free before.

Thanks!!!

My Ride
    335i

I don't think retentions will try and keep a client when their contract is over. I tried to renegotiate my plan with Rogers after my contract expired and they wouldn't budge at all.

I ended up signing with bell and got a plan that Rogers could never touch for $20 including SAF and CallerID/Voicemail.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

Originally posted by Weapon_R
    I don't think retentions will try and keep a client when their contract is over. I tried to renegotiate my plan with Rogers after my contract expired and they wouldn't budge at all.

I ended up signing with bell and got a plan that Rogers could never touch for $20 including SAF and CallerID/Voicemail.
    Of course they will negotiate once the contract is over, that is the whole point. Why would retentions offer you something to stay if you are already on a contract? Sometimes you get a bad rep but you can try again.

That $20 bell plan sounds good though, I missed out on that one though cuz i never opened one beyond thread that had the offer.

edit: I think when theyo ffer you something they will require you to sign another contract to get the "extras" they offer you.
    Last edited by szw; 10-07-2008 at 10:30 AM.

Originally posted by szw

Of course they will negotiate once the contract is over, that is the whole point. Why would retentions offer you something to stay if you are already on a contract? Sometimes you get a bad rep but you can try again.

That $20 bell plan sounds good though, I missed out on that one though cuz i never opened one beyond thread that had the offer.

edit: I think when theyo ffer you something they will require you to sign another contract to get the "extras" they offer you.
    Retentions doesn't try very hard, called around 5 time and only 1 was helpful but still didn't give me what I wanted, which was some text. I don't think what I was asking for was unreasonable either, just wanted my $7 CID credit to go towards the $11 value pack.

Also ended up signing up with $20 Bell plan

My Ride
    Honda Accord

Originally posted by Weapon_R

I'm in the exact same boat as you were in. My contract is almost up and I called Rogers retention center to see if they can offer me a good deal. Not really all that helpful, told me the best they can do is the current promotion they have if you have a petro canada card or something; $28.50 + SAF + 9/11 / taxes

Probably going to switch to that Bell corporate plan, but man am I going to miss using the iPhone
    Go Flames!

Originally posted by CRXguy
    Nothing is free. They just credited you most likely. Did you re-sign or are you month to month now? The credit was probably for the duration of your last contract. If you've been with them for 5 years, you should be able to get the following retention plan easily.

$20 + SAF + 911

250min daytime
    unlimited evening/weekends @6pm
    caller id and voicemail

From there, you can try and milk them for some other options.
    So the free caller id and voicemall only vaild within the contract period, right?? Can someone confirm on this??

My Ride
    '21 F150 Lariat Nardo Grey

As far as I know, credits last only the duration of the contract. When I log on to my online account, there's an expiry date.

My Ride
    '11 SWP Impreza

Yeah, unless you work something out with them before your contract expires/or resign/talk to retentions BEFORE your contract is up. 99% of "credits" are for a certain duration only (that is why you see the: "to be removed xx/xx/200x" beside the credits on your account.

Thanks guys, that's sucks, so that popular $17.5 Rogers and Fido plan will become to something like $30 after 3 years unless renew the contract??

Originally posted by oz388
    Thanks guys, that's sucks, so that popular $17.5 Rogers and Fido plan will become to something like $30 after 3 years unless renew the contract??
    Probably not. You were given a credit that expires. The plan doesn't expire, which is how some people are using old plans such as cityfido still.