Quantcast
$170M Glenmore Tr. project complete - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: $170M Glenmore Tr. project complete

It was only a 170 mill because of those stupid fishes on the side of the walls...

I head they were something like 100K each or something? and buddy of mine got paid to clean them.. Like wash them! literally... wtf...

Originally posted by Tik-Tok
    Oh dear god, I didn't know they were thinking of Heritage and Macleod... that'll be a nightmare for me (I live quite close)

And they're thinking of a traffic circle? ARRRRRGHHHHHHH

http://www.calgary.ca/docgallery/bu/...roundabout.pdf
    Oh and this...

worst idea ever! People can barely use the traffic circle in Mackenzie Towne... what makes the city think that people will know how to use this one?

My Ride
    Axis powers

a traffic circle would be absolute murder, traffic would be 1000x worse
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    wrx wagon

I'm glad its finally done.
    I think what the city really needs is a E-W connector in the North. Maybe improve McKnight or something. I work in the NE, and it usually takes me around 25 minutes to go home to the SW (90th Ave/24th St), yet to go to the University to work out (a much shorter distance) takes me even longer! It's nuts!

My Ride
    old Toyotas

I think the worst problem in the NW is 3 set of lights on crowchild near Kensington. They are the only set of lights on crowchild and they are right in the middle of it near downtown. Terrible thing that always backs up traffic. They should just close off those passing streets for now and just make a single bridge crowssing it at kensington or something.

Originally posted by adam c
    a traffic circle would be absolute murder, traffic would be 1000x worse
    At least Macleod Trail would be free flowing underneath the traffic circle. I don't think it'd be too bad after the adjustment period.

Any interchange with no traffic lights gets a big from me.
    ---

Traffic Circles, aren't that hard to get used to...I was in Dubai for 6months, and after the 1st week I pretty much had it down, you just have to be smart and know that you CANNOT, go in a circle without yielding lol). I'm guessing they'll probably have CPS there for about a year, to give people directions and to keep it under control, if they do I wonder what's gonna be in the circle. In Dubai they had a Clock Towers, and art and stuff at others, funny cause people used it as references(ex.Fish Roundabout)

My Ride
    NOYB.

37th and Glenmore is not slated for an interchange any time soon. There was a guy on QR77 today that said they need to determine what the province and the Tsuu T'ina plan to do with the ring road before anything happens. The radio host had more restraint than I would have had in the same situation, as I would've said I didn't think we could wait another 50 years.

It was also said in the same interview that they plan to consider some signal timing changes on 37 x Glenmore in the short term to allow east-west a smoother traffic flow "unfortunately causing traffic buildups on north-south".

My Ride
    Perpetual Test Drive

Originally posted by KyleTA

glenmore and 37th st is still a shit show for the most part
    Word.

But nothing will happen to that intersection until the Province can get the ring road agreement with the Tsu Tina Nation. That will take a long time...long long long time.

Atleast they got it done on time. It felt shorter then 3 years. Its weird thinking now about what Glenmore used to be like

With the Esso Station, Husky Station, Petro Canada station plus that school that ran along Glenmore Trail.
    Last edited by dino_martini; 10-10-2008 at 07:02 AM.
    War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Originally posted by Tik-Tok
    Oh dear god, I didn't know they were thinking of Heritage and Macleod... that'll be a nightmare for me (I live quite close)

And they're thinking of a traffic circle? ARRRRRGHHHHHHH

http://www.calgary.ca/docgallery/bu/...roundabout.pdf

LOL!!! A traffic circle would be...... EPIC!

Like others have said I think whomever controls the traffic lights needs a good ass kicking. The timing it just aweful in most places

My Ride
    Axis powers

Originally posted by kenny

At least Macleod Trail would be free flowing underneath the traffic circle. I don't think it'd be too bad after the adjustment period.

Any interchange with no traffic lights gets a big from me.
    there's no way a traffic circle could work.. they're going to be putting the volumes of macleod and heritage into one north south lane?? that's retarded... people can't even get through with 3 lanes how the hell is 1 lane going to work?

and if people can't even figure out how to drive on the roads we have now, how we they ever learn to use a traffic circle? i can just see it now, some lady who is too scared to merge to the right so she just keeps driving around the circle over and over and effectively screwing everyone else up
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    CBR600RR

Originally posted by Shunsui
    you just have to be smart
    That's a mighty big order for a lot of the drivers in this city
    In reference to Rob Anders:
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    Hes not really that bad...

My Ride
    wrx wagon

there's no way a traffic circle could work.. they're going to be putting the volumes of macleod and heritage into one north south lane?? that's retarded... people can't even get through with 3 lanes how the hell is 1 lane going to work?
    McLeod Trail passes under the traffic circle (freeflow). Its just people on Heritage and people turning L/R off of McLeod that would have to enter the circle.

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

anyone have any before/after pics of the the glenmore change?

There are 2 lanes in the traffic circle to handle traffic from Heritage merging onto Macleod Trail. Macleod Trail traffic runs UNDER the traffic circle without any traffic lights.
    ---

LoL, I think it could work, and besides it won't be a one lane traffic circle, ive been in a 6 lane traffic circle myself so, I think they'd have at least 2-4 depending on how much room they make, and i believe there would be 4 exits, trust me, thru experience I learned it's not the traffic circle itself that causes more traffic it's the traffic lights ahead of the traffic circle that cause it.

Originally posted by eglove
    anyone have any before/after pics of the the glenmore change?
    http://albertaroads.homestead.com/Ca...glenmore1.html

This project caused a lot of problems for me on my commute for 2 years, luckily i moved away from glenmore completely and i get to deal with a 45 minute drive on deerfoot each day! Awesome!

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

NO kidding! last 6 weeks .. took me at least 30-35min drive to work on glenmore in the morning .. (sometimes 45min!)

Today? 13 min!
    The Original !

1234567, ¦h³Ò¦h±o

Lets just do it Arc de Triomphe style. Fuck lanes, just wing it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast