Quantcast
Direct Energy - Door to Door Scam - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Direct Energy - Door to Door Scam

Default Direct Energy - Door to Door Scam

I had a rep from Direct Energy come to my door. She showed me an invoice that had a Direct Energy bill on one side, and an ENMAX bill on the other. She was claiming that they are working with ENMAX to consolidate two bills into one. I questioned her that it was odd that two competitors would be working together on something like this. She claimed lower admin costs for the customer and it was a part of this go green campaign. I asked her many times that all she was doing was putting two bills together and not actually de-enrolling me from ENMAX and into Direct. She said, no, blah blah blah.

I signed the paper and go back inside. When I looked into the details on the paper (which she was hestitant to show me, rushing through, covering up) I find out that she did actually switch me from ENMAX to Direct on RRO.

I've been hearing this happening to a few people now and they too went through the same experience. So..heads up

My Ride
    POS

We swtiched over, it was the wifes decision and seems a bit cheaper.

edit: we switched over a while ago with a phone rep and not a guy going from door to door.
    Last edited by topmade; 10-10-2008 at 10:02 AM.

My Ride
    06 Ralliart.

My Stepmom had one of these guys come to her door claiming that he needed to see her bills so that he could make sure she wasn't getting charged more than the regulated amount.

After saying no many times and having him try to get into the house she told to leave. When he wouldn't, had a friend start to call 911. He took off after that.

There is something wrong with these guys.
    "Hey, I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

I had a guy come to my door and he was pretty aggressive as well. I told him I was pretty sure that Enmax offered a $100 rebate or something for consolidating my bill with them and I wasn't prepared to sign anything at the moment. Took a bit to get rid of him.

How does anyone fall for this? If you're not a Direct Energy customer why would you need to consolidate anything?

Gotta be more careful, why sign something you don't at least skim through?
    ---

My Ride
    Bicycle

Screw direct energy. Why do I want my money go to England and it can stay within the city. Enmax all the way.

Unless of course if DE and give me 2 months free utilities,
    Last edited by Xtrema; 10-10-2008 at 11:26 AM.

My Ride
    2012 300C SRT8 /2015 F150 Platinum

Enmax came to my house and signed me up, even though the guy was brutally annoying. I found out the next they also had a 12 year old sign their parents up too. I quiclky cancelled.
    2014 Jeep SRT, 2015 F150 Platinum , 2013 Keystone Laredo 291TG

[Do][---+---][oD]

My Ride
    2005 Honda Civic

Default Re: Direct Energy - Door to Door Scam

Originally posted by Mr.Buffy
    I had a rep from Direct Energy come to my door. She showed me an invoice that had a Direct Energy bill on one side, and an ENMAX bill on the other. She was claiming that they are working with ENMAX to consolidate two bills into one. I questioned her that it was odd that two competitors would be working together on something like this. She claimed lower admin costs for the customer and it was a part of this go green campaign. I asked her many times that all she was doing was putting two bills together and not actually de-enrolling me from ENMAX and into Direct. She said, no, blah blah blah.

I signed the paper and go back inside. When I looked into the details on the paper (which she was hestitant to show me, rushing through, covering up) I find out that she did actually switch me from ENMAX to Direct on RRO.

I've been hearing this happening to a few people now and they too went through the same experience. So..heads up
    Don't sign anything I haven't read.......thanks chief, lifesaver.
    Originally posted by adamc
    you can pretty much skip over any posts that have no punctuation, as a general rule of thumb.

Default Re: Re: Direct Energy - Door to Door Scam

Originally posted by em2ab

Don't sign anything I haven't read.......thanks chief, lifesaver.
    lol

and the man says, outloud, what I'm sure half of us were thinking...common sense, not so common apparently.

Direct Energy came to my house the other day. As soon as they said they where from Direct Energy, I just smiled and said no thanks, and closed the door. he was just standing there with a stunned look on his face.

Boy, just try to tell you guys a story or heads up and some people get their panties in a bunch. What's the point in even posting on Beyond anymore?

My Ride
    CBR600RR

No offense, but if someone walks up to my door with a contract in hand, I tell them where they can stick it.
    In reference to Rob Anders:
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    Hes not really that bad...

Yes, I agree. But it wasn't presented that way at all. She took minimal information from me. I asked her, are you de-enrolling me? She claimed the whole time it was just consolidating two bills from two companies. I mean, I asked alot of questions, I didn't just say sign me up or anything.

My Ride
    2005 Honda Civic

Yes, I agree. But it wasn't presented that way at all. She took minimal information from me. I asked her, are you de-enrolling me? She claimed the whole time it was just consolidating two bills from two companies. I mean, I asked alot of questions, I didn't just say sign me up or anything.
    The point is it's like telling people not to drive down the street without any wheels on their car. I don't think people needed a thread to tell them not to sign something at the consent of a complete stranger. But all sarcasm aside thanks for the heads up attempt at least. I can't say anything negative about it except for the fact that it's something I already know.
    Originally posted by adamc
    you can pretty much skip over any posts that have no punctuation, as a general rule of thumb.

My Ride
    A Honda Product!

If they come to your door it's because it's bad...I signed up and there's no way out without a large penalty. Our bill went up by about 30 %. They are pricks.

Best bet in Calgary is Enmax.

Originally posted by old&slow
    Best bet in Calgary is Enmax.

/thread

My Ride
    2022 X2M

A guy just came by my door tonite trying this exact same thing and would not for the life of him say he was eith Direct energy, instead he worked for "the government" and this was being created to ensure "fair" energy pricing across the province.

I told him I was not interested for over 15 minutes before he finally left.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    Lease

Exactly Jack, the beanstalks I'm trading for your farm animals are 100% authentic and will grow into a very very large branch and at which point you'll be able to climb up and there'll be lots of gold awaiting for you.

jk man, sux to hear that... should had boned her, or was that the part of the deal?

They come to our door all the time. I used to try the nice approach and then the ignorant one. What I have found that works really well is to say "This home is owned by a corporation. I have nothing to do with the bills." They never stick around after that.

My Ride
    bus

since ive moved in, these asshat's have come by twice to try and sign me up

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast