Quantcast
CelicaST-162 Hits damn big school bus!! - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: CelicaST-162 Hits damn big school bus!!

My Ride
    1989 MA70, 2006 UZN215

Hey guys, thanks for all your replies, but ya im fine now so its a matter of just dealing with it....
    Last edited by CelicaST-162; 09-17-2003 at 11:00 PM.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

it wasnt your fault right?

My Ride
    cd7 coupe

maybe the bus was in the intersection and the light turned yelow so baically he had to clear the intersection then Celica was running the yellow light and smoked him

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Running yellows are a tough call, even though you're past the point of no return. I believe in these situations, it's both parties at fault, so each party's insurance pays for themselves. Meaning if you got PLPD only, you're not getting money back for the car.

Check with Pointts first, they might be able to help you with it. I believe the way the "fault" is determined is by the tickets that were issued. An accident injury lawyer might be able to help you too, they'll let you know right away if there's a case.

Good luck.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    94' Terd

this is one case i would definately take to court if i had to...

the thing is... unles you addmitted fault at the scene you have a pretty good chance of getting off any charges!! as long as you can prove that you were at the point of no return then it shouldnt be a problem... because alberta traffic law states that if you move into an intersection while the light is green and are still in the intersection when it turn yellow/red you can take as long as you damn hell want to, to SAFELY leave the intersection... in which case the driver of the bus did not causing the accident...

know what im sayin?

My Ride
    89 Civic ZC

Originally posted by DUBBED
    this is one case i would definately take to court if i had to...

the thing is... unles you addmitted fault at the scene you have a pretty good chance of getting off any charges!! as long as you can prove that you were at the point of no return then it shouldnt be a problem... because alberta traffic law states that if you move into an intersection while the light is green and are still in the intersection when it turn yellow/red you can take as long as you damn hell want to, to SAFELY leave the intersection... in which case the driver of the bus did not causing the accident...

know what im sayin?
    Yeah Vichi, Go fight the damn bus driver, sue em' too.

My Ride
    Chevy S-10

Originally posted by Spenser

lammer Guest

Originally posted by Spenser

how are you suppose to sue?

the bus driver could say he was at the point of no return and he thought you woulda stopped so he went. vice versa.

Almost the exact same thing happened to my buddy about a year ago, except he hit a car not a bus.

The cops said he was the one at fault for the accident because he ran a red light. The police explained to my friend that since the light was turning yellow and going to red the driver turning assumed that all oncoming traffic would stop. My buddy did not stop and hit the turning car, so the police claimed my friend was at fault.

It all depends on what the witnesses say man(not you or the bus driver). If they say that you ran a red then your screwed. If they say there was no way that you could have stopped then it would the buses fault.

My Ride
    Hemi, ZX6R

Did the bus make his turn when his light was still green? cause if celica.. was at the point of no return, and hit the back of the bus, it almost sounds like the bus was trying to beat him in some way, buses arnt that fast, or it was a big intersection But sounds like ur not hurt or anything so thats good. having that bus driver come out and say that to me woulda just pissed me right off, but i guess u were possibly hurt etc.. so that was the last thing on your mind. Call pointts and talk to them and see what they can do. Hve the police determined who was at fault etc... did the bus driver get a ticket?

My Ride
    08 VQ35HR

Originally posted by lammer

the bus driver could say he was at the point of no return and he thought you woulda stopped so he went. vice versa.
    There is NO point of no return when you're stopped and waiting to turn left at the lights... you either kept stopped or mash the gas and go. I don't think the decision is that hard. If I see a car coming head on, I ALWAYS assume that the other driver will run the yellow light cause that's what I'd do. Therefore, I'd always wait till it's ABSOLUTELY sure that he's stopped before I go. I don't even care if it's red on my side already cause I'm like already half way out into the intersection. I'd block traffic IF I didn't go.

chessewagon drivers are so cocky nowadays...
    they think they own the road or something...

My Ride
    96 T/A

ex-gf of mine was at fault when SHE was turning left, and the exact same thing happened..

My Ride
    FG, S14, Caliber SRT4

defensive driving, :maybe they should paint the busses yellow so people can see them

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

The guy turning left is at fault. Even if Celica boy ran a red, that means the bus driver ran a red too. Just because you're turning left, and "everyone does it" you're still breaking the law.

HOWEVER - The fact that the cop gave you a ticket is bad for your case. Because... assuming you're coming towards the light, the bus driver turns on the yellow right in front of you - you run into the bus - you hit the bus in the REAR which means the slow pathetic bus had enough time to almost complete the turn before you collided. Which means you probably blew into the intersection at the end of the yellow, even possibly right on the red. Assuming bus driver went for the turn as soon as he saw the yellow.

I'm gonna guess that you saw the yellow and gunned it (like a lot of us do) but the bus thought you'd never make it so he turned, you saw the bus turn and slammed on the brakes (but were probably speeding by now). They will measure skid marks etc - do not lie to your lawyer.

Regardless, I hope you have comprehensive.

Khyron

My Ride
    1989 MA70, 2006 UZN215

Thanks for the advice Khyron, yeah, i bet if you go take a look, the skid mark wont be long just maybe a couple of meters before the collision point occured......

My Ride
    87 RX-7 GX

man celicast had some big plans for that car to thats a shame when did this happen?

My Ride
    1987 RX7 T2

about a month ago..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2