People driving like %$^&@#$&* - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: People driving like %$^&@#$&*

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Default People driving like %$^&@#$&*

ARG!!! Pet Peeve!

[STARTRANT]

Ok, situation: Barlow Tr. 3 lanes. so you know when you approach a light and your lane is open and your first in line and so you cost to a stop... well there was a Semi already stopped in the middle lane and a car pulling in behind the semi. Well at the last second that car pulls into my lane to be first in line. He couldn't pull right and go into the other open lane with noone in it, he had to cut me off so he could be first off the line. OK, fine, this makes me think WTF!, but I'll deal with it. Maybe he's in a hurry for an emergency or something. I'll wait to pass judgement.

Light turns grean and I'm expecting buddy driving a peice of @$^% Ply Mouth Lazer to accellerate at a NORMAL speed, cause he must have had to be in a hurry to warrant cutting me off. Nope...He fucks the dog! Accellerating at the same speed as the semi! I can see him in his rearview laughing. I cant get past, hes pacing the 18 wheeler.

Ok, now I'm thinking OK WHAT GIVES! What did I do?! I hate that so much when people do that. I back off and turn in behind the semi, into the far right lane and blow past both vehicles, and back in the fast lane. Asshole in the lazer decides "lets ride my ass". I'm already doing 10 over anyhow, and he's maybe half a car length off my bumper. All of a sudden he's feeling the need for speed. after going so slow with the truck.

I give him the brakes

I see his car lose control slightly, weaving back and fourth within his lane, he must have stomped on his brakes pretty good, tires smoked. He turns into the middle lane to pass me, knowing his plan to pull in front of me and return the brake job, I brake hard so he rips past, and he turns infront of me cuttiing me off again, just as I had planned. I move to the middle lane, he swoops accross, I move to the shoulder lane, he follows, making an attempt at setting me up to rear end him I would imagine, seeing as how his car was a POS. At the last minute I turned off, too late for him to follow.

Like WTF is this guys problem? Then he has the nerve to give me the finger out his window!

Seriously, why are people in this city such assholes. I think we have a terrible road rage problem. I do nothing to provoke it, was driving normally, and all of a sudden he was giving me a hard time. Only thing I can think of was that he's jealous, but my car is nothing special other than it was way faster than his.. I hope he has a miserable life.

[/ENDRANT]
    Travel

My Ride
    2001 Grand am

as long as you had fun thats all that counts

My Ride
    GTI

Hahaha, sorry ben, but that's a funny story, usually I let shit slide because that's pretty dangerous, but hey, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Sorry to hear Ben, but yeah i agree with the whole Road Rage problem, although I have been guilty of an episode now and again...

But the number of punks behind the wheel is growing WAY too fast...
    ...@therealarifjina...

one thing i noticed after moving to calgary from winnipeg...

NOBODY does the little "thank you" wave when you let them in...

My Ride
    2001 Grand am

Originally posted by sputnik

thats not true, didn't you read bens story?, the guy did the thank you wave, he just forgot to put up the other 4 fingers

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

See, I always wave and am polite when people allow me to merge properly and such, but I guess not everyone in the city is as nice or as aware of whats going on around them. Oh well, such is life.
    Travel

My Ride
    2001 Grand am

Originally posted by Ben
    See, I always wave and am polite when people allow me to merge properly and such, but I guess not everyone in the city is as nice or as aware of whats going on around them. Oh well, such is life.
    yea its difficult for alot of the people in this city to wave since the fuckers always seem to have a cell phone in 1 hand and a coffee in the other, while driving a standard

The problem is all about consideration. Everyone is thinking of themselves and not about the people around them. No need to be a total pushover and cater to everyone, but you don't need to blantly go out of your way to inconvience other people.

I really don't get the ego trip that people have on being in front. I have seen it with right lanes that get cut-off, and like your case with the semi-truck, buses, tractors...etc.

Just today I was driving eastbound on 20th Ave NW stopped at the 14st NW intersection. I am the first guy in the left lane. A Grand-Prix is coming up behind me and pulls in the right lane. No signal and you can see the right lane ends up ahead with parked cars. The car has more power than my little 1.8L commuter so I figure he will blow by me regardless and he most be a in a hurry. Ligth turns green and he blows by me all right, full throttle....ok, cool. I will just go speed limit +10....60km/hr and cruise. I do that and I am closing up the Grand-Prix fast.....too fast, he is going about 25 km/hr....on a road that is 50km/hr speedlimit. WTF? Totally pissed me off. What is the point of holding me up when he was driving like a drag racer before? I don't get it. Then he does this all the way to Center Street where he finally turned off....I look over in digust and of course I get the finger...WTF? I didn't instigate anything. I was pulling back and pulling forward while following him trying to keep my frustration in check, trying to get the point across that he was going way too slow. People suck.
    Last edited by Akagi Redsuns; 02-17-2004 at 01:48 PM.

My Ride
    2001 Grand am

yea, i hate people htta pull up beside me when they know the lane is going to end, but i always give thme a run for thier money

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

I wouldn't have given him the brake job, I would have just slowed and paced the semi...

people are assholes... you can't win.

There are tons of assholes on the roads. I've been one of them on more than one ocassion, but it's always provoked.

Thank God they're changing the licensing rules. Those punks don't get full driving privileges until they're 18 now. But some old guys are pretty bad too.

Last year a balding guy in his Porsche Boxster (can you say Middle Aged Crisis?) wants to get onto Memorial from 5th avenue. I was in the lane that goes directly onto Memorial and he was in the lane the goes up Edmonton trail. I was waiting in the slow lane (the correct lane) all the way out of downtown so there's no way I'm going to let him beat me off the line and squeeze in front of me.

The light turns green and we both hit it. It's neck and neck until the memorial turnoff so he's forced to brake to move in behind me. He takes the far right lane and then does the old "cut off and brake routine" I was ready for him but I still had some heavy braking to do.

We do some more "cut off and braking" and then he decides he's had enough so he takes off, and I'm no match for him since I'm in an automatic Sunfire. I catch up with him later near the lights at deerfoot, and we both start racing towards the red light trying not to let the other person get ahead.

The brake fade from all the prior braking was incredible, I was now two-foot braking and could barely come to a stop that would have otherwise been easy for me. I could smell burning brakes (or maybe tires?) but I'm not sure if they were mine or his...

Anyway after exchanging some looks we drive a bit further and come up on a cop cruiser so the fun is over. Thank God because I think my brakes are shot. Now a year later, I've smartened up and I have a faster car and I'm looking into brake upgrades.

I used to be in a rush to get where ever since I'm usually late and I would have these types of encounters on a daily basis. But now I leave 10-15 minutes early and just sit in the slow lane and do no more then the speed limit and just follow the traffic flow. Who cares if your not first at the light, who cares is someone cuts you off? You're still going to get there at pretty much the same time anyways. Driving like this is a lot less stressful, you don't get into fights, you don't get tickets/cause accidents, and you save on gas. Driving like this has saved me about 30 bucks a week on gas when the prices are around the 70 cent mark.
    You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

My Ride
    T4R & B8.5 S4

hah richard you could smoke that boxer in your sleep now!!

Originally posted by sputnik

if you cut me off, AT LEAST give the wave... if not, i get VEEEERY pissed!!!

Originally posted by 5.9 R/T
    I used to be in a rush to get where ever since I'm usually late and I would have these types of encounters on a daily basis. But now I leave 10-15 minutes early and just sit in the slow lane and do no more then the speed limit and just follow the traffic flow. Who cares if your not first at the light, who cares is someone cuts you off? You're still going to get there at pretty much the same time anyways. Driving like this is a lot less stressful, you don't get into fights, you don't get tickets/cause accidents, and you save on gas. Driving like this has saved me about 30 bucks a week on gas when the prices are around the 70 cent mark.
    well said.
    driving down 16th ave NE on the way to the U every morning i do the same.
    Built not Bought.
    Originally posted by mitsumirage
    the civic will always be just a basic car , poor people will always buy them , its sad but its true

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Originally posted by xkon

if you cut me off, AT LEAST give the wave... if not, i get VEEEERY pissed!!!

Because of my dark tint, I flash the 4-Ways for a second or 2 just to acknowledge those behind me, woth either let me in, or I offended...
    ...@therealarifjina...

I just had a guy in a Chev Truck ride my a$$ on Deerfoot yesterday. I was on the middle lane allready doing 120kmh and he was inches from my bumper. Just would not pass me. The guy looked like a pycho. So i stepped on the gas a little to get him off my a$$ but no luck. 140kmh still on my a$$.

So i pull to the far right lane so he can pass me but the F@c$*r pulls on my a$$ again. Now i started to get pi$$ed, so i down shift to 4th and floored it to loose the idiot but he kept coming.

I must have put like 20 cars between this guy and me. Then slowed down again to turn off to memorial drive. Guess what he comes up to my a$$ again.

This guy followed me all the way downtown riding my a$$. So we came up to the lights at 5 ave downtown. He pulls up beside me. I rolled my window down to ask him what his freaking problem was. He just looked at me, flipped the finger and took off.

What is this Town coming to?

My Ride
    pedals

im generally considerate (unless im in a hurry), so i let people in all the time and am generally a nice dude, but if i dont see the wave when i obviously went out of my way to let someone in, then my right hand meets the center of the steering wheel. A magical tone of anger then erupts from under the hood, showing my displeasure with their actions.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

the best is 12th ave and center around 3:30 when the punks from crescent are trying to do the right lane pass.

SOOOOO many of them have had to slam on their brakes and cut in behind me
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast