Quantcast
Mah V-TECH Killer! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Mah V-TECH Killer!

Default Mah V-TECH Killer!

Sorry for this rant, but somebody needs to here this.

Today was the last straw for me and dealing with ricers. I can appreciate a nice car when i see one, and this doesn't mean this is 100% of the people who own Honda's or represent anybody on this forum but i can't deal with this shit anymore.

This falls on 90% of Honda's i come across on the road, I drive a completely stock LOOKING Talon, the only thing that you can see it's not stock is my slightly larger tip and my fmic sticking through my bumper. In the last 2 months, i've been revved at, at more lights then i can count on all my fingers and toes all by nice Civic's, preludes, and Integra's (Yes integra's are hondas)

Thats fine, rev at me all you want, i'm not going to race your 54hp one wheeler peeler. But sure enough when the light goes green they take off in V-tec furry.

I've seen 3 accidents caused by these "sick carz brah" because they don't seem to care about any other car on the road. They're choice not mine.

But the thing that gets me the MOST pissed off, is talking to some dumb ass kid who he has what he thinks is the GREATEST car in the world and his fwd Civic with a huge wing and massive ass body kit, could destroy anything else on the road.

At first i would try to keep these guys on ear and not let there head go into the clouds, that doesn't work, then i just tried ignoring them, it also doesn't really work. Now i'm just at the point where i play along. They ask what i drive, i just say a talon, nothing more, they go on and on about how they can just destroy me, i ask them to race on a completely dead road to show me. They brag about how it won't even be close. They say "I've got a 12 second civic" I've seriously heard "When V-TEC his it's over brah." Sorry i go to race city almost every weekend. Do you have any idea how fast 12 seconds is?! Or is it because they heard it on the interwebs other civics running 12's they can. Reality sets in when on the internet 12's really mean 16's.

So i say put 10,20,50 bucks on it i don't care. They shut up, put your money where your mouth is. They have no idea i have a 400hp talon that runs consistent 12.4's and a 1.7 60'. The only time i've gotten one guy to race me and i raced him and he said "You're not in the same league as me" I said.. Uhh? Because i've spent less money then you have? Because my car is older then yours? Or because i don't have ridiculous wings?

I'm so frustrated by the HUNDREDS of people in Calgary it seems to have these cars and drive them like clowns, which is appropriate i guess for the way they look.

Body Kits - Add Weight decrease fuel economy
    Wings - More weight, and when you're going around a corner at 160+ that'll take the weight off your fwd car and put it on the rear wheels... wait a minute...

Decals - Steal me parts cars honestly, if you have SONY XPLOD and JVC stickers on your windows of your car, isn't that like telling a theft, HEY HEY look at me!

How do some of you guys deal with this?! I've just started to ignore it all. And anytime somebody brings up V-tec, b16, b18, bwhatever i have to walk away.

/rant.
    Last edited by epp01; 10-19-2008 at 10:13 PM.

My Ride
    CBR600RR

A+ Thread
    In reference to Rob Anders:
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    Hes not really that bad...

My Ride
    08 Civc LX, 03 Durango, 11 Duramax

Its because one day they know your car will blow a balance shaft belt or a timing belt, or the transmission will fall out, or youll get crankwalk, or the rear diff will fall apart (if its TSI) at the start of the race and they will win !

I had a 91 TSI with the same problem, ricers that is. and well all of the other problems stated above.

Now i drive a civic.

Good luck with your future races.

My Ride
    93 integra

i knew that pic would show in this thread haha. Awesome.

Thing is, I haven't have any reliably issues with my car as of yet. I've done all my "maintenance" even then how long do you think you can run 25psi on a 20 year old car without something breaking. It's going to happen, it's just a matter of time. This isn't about how shitty a type of car is from the manufacture, it's about the idiot behind the wheel.

Btw first gen talons don't crank walk

What turbo you run?

My Ride

Originally posted by epp01
    Thing is, I haven't have any reliably issues with my car as of yet. I've done all my "maintenance" even then how long do you think you can run 25psi on a 20 year old car without something breaking. It's going to happen, it's just a matter of time. This isn't about how shitty a type of car is from the manufacture, it's about the idiot behind the wheel.

Btw first gen talons don't crank walk
    It was mearly a joke at the expense of diamond star motors, i meant no offense to you personally.

^^^^ None taken

Originally posted by Supa Dexta
    What turbo you run?
    16g evo3 maxed out, the reason it's set at 25psi is because it won't do anymore

35r coming this fall.

My Ride
    CBR600rr, MK7

Haha I drive a impreza RA and ve never been revved at. And I have a massive sti wing. In all of my cars I've never had these encounters.

My Ride

Wanna race sometime? I dont have stickers though so it might not be fair

lol j/k

what color is your talon?

My Ride
    EK Civic Si

pardon my ignorance, what is crank walk?

My Ride

1. crankwalk
    Movement of the crank out of stock specifications. All cranks have L to R movement, to some extent, but an excessive lateral crank movement has bad reprocussions, such as hitting/grinding/destroying the crank sensor. A "walking" crank necessitates an engine rebuild.

Any car can crankwalk, but Mitsubishi Eclipses, Plymouth Lasers, and Eagle Talons with a 7-bolt motor are notorious for this problem. No recall was ever released as the problem was said to be isolated to a bad batch of cranks, which represented a fraction of the produced cars. Various theories of why crankwalk occurs and what years are most suseptible exist, but none are proven. General consenus is poor oil flow is one cause, and later model years seem to suffer less.

Contrary to popular opinion, any car can crankwalk; Manual, auto, import, domestic, turbo, manual, racecar, beater. All have walked, and all have a chance of walking.
    My dsm crankwalked on me, but thankfully my dsm has broken down often enough to make me a real mechanic.
    by Awdhooptie Apr 10, 2005 share this add comment

2. Crankwalk
    Something that DSM drivers get when they become too cocky and decide to race a actuall import, like a honda or VW. It is a out of spec moving of the crankshaft (perticaully in 7-bolt 4G63s)side to side and WILL destroy your engine
    Yo dogg, meh clips got some crankwalk and that teg owned meh

My Ride
    Golf ... cart

I just completely ignore them ... I don't even turn my head (I can see this shit-can with my peripheral vision) They can revv up whatever they like, I just put little bit of throttle and leave them beind , spinning their tiny wheelzzz .

Some of them are dumb enough to keep flooring till 120 on a 60 zone ... I wish they would get caught ... just once ... right from the stop light , but this never happens ..

I guess, just ignore them and drive responsibly !!

2011 Golf wagon TDI, 6spd, H&R sport springs, aFe intake, Malone Tune Stg 1.5, panoramic sunroof

I only had my talon out a few times this yr, but I will agree.. It is a ricer magnet. I just started tearing mine down again today... ha.. 3 or 4 days out this season! not bad..

Originally posted by 410440
    Wanna race sometime? I dont have stickers though so it might not be fair

lol j/k

what color is your talon?
    It's a red 1gb (the none pop up head light first gen) i've ran it at race city a few times. Best time here was 13.4 at 106mph with a low 10AF tune : /

I did a lot better in medicine hat, like all cars that will run there as compared to here lol.

My Ride
    Eagle Talon

i parked my talon and got a rotary

it looks faster, but is twice as slow

kids don't try to race me anymore. . .

My Ride
    is an Experience.

You underestimate the power of vtec.

Originally posted by DannyO

Even rage's M3 can't stack up to a B18. VTEC is king.

Originally posted by DannyO
    No offence but from what i've seen V-TEC is just noise, toyota's VVTi tech is so much better, i'd hate to give anything to GM but they're eco-tech from what i've seen works very well and isn't just noise or a chord less phone company.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast