Quantcast
Primerica products: good or bad?? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Primerica products: good or bad??

My Ride
    2006 cadillac, 2008 civic, 98 volvo v70

Default Primerica products: good or bad??

I am interested in finding out if Primerica financial products are as good as they say? I know Primerica is MLM and when you google Primerica, there is a ton of negactive reports on people involved with Primerica recruiting new people. I would simply like to find out if what they offer is of any value. It seems to good to be true. Thanks

SEARCH!

Its just bad to be a part of them. Some products are worth looking into but they have no gurantee's.

Manulife offers a gurantee like if you invest 10K and the market goes belly up your guranteed that 10K and + 1K bonus or something like that.

My Ride
    Das Fahrenheit

Run.
    Originally posted by 89coupe
    I do get great service there, especially when I mention my name, haha.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Default Re: Primerica products: good or bad??

Originally posted by 93hustler
    I am interested in finding out if Primerica financial products are as good as they say? I know Primerica is MLM and when you google Primerica, there is a ton of negactive reports on people involved with Primerica recruiting new people. I would simply like to find out if what they offer is of any value. It seems to good to be true. Thanks
    It's awesome if you want everyone around you (family included) to avoid you like a plague.

You will happily die alone with no friends.

Originally posted by Canmorite
    Run.
    ...hard.... and fast!!!

just google those clowns and you'll see what's up.
    Originally posted by 89coupe

LOL, $95 for two sounds pretty damn cheap to me. Is this not including any drinks or something?

Are you guys all students on a budget or something?

My lunch tab is that much for two people.

My Ride

Ok what is so terrible about it? I know its MLM, I did search and most of the negative stuff I found is about people trying to recruit new members, and people joining and not making much money. I have no interest in selling Primerica, I am just wanting feedback on their loans and life insurance.

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Their policies are shit, thats why they have to resort to MLM to pawn them off on people. If you HONESTLY think their insurance and capitial management are decent offers, you obviously have your head stuck in the sand.

Avoid them and their services, and you'll do fine.
    Please trust us on that.

Those guys are just random joes on the street with no criminal record check, or REAL qualifications on how to manage your money. They are given a crash course on what they NEED To know, to pawn off their polices on you. Nothing more.
    You'll find their policies are very rough and poorly designed. They dont fit any given person or demographic group well at all, they are these cheezy "One size fits all" plans.
    Would you honestly trust your money with those idiots?
    Last edited by Graham_A_M; 10-20-2008 at 05:45 PM.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

^^^

Exactly -- find a trained and knowledgeable insurance/financial guy who has GOOD products and knows them --

---not someone who chose between Primerica and Amway as a side job.

My Ride

Originally posted by D. Dub
    ^^^

Exactly -- find a trained and knowledgeable insurance/financial guy who has GOOD products and knows them --

---not someone who chose between Primerica and Amway as a side job.
    I have seen some knowledgable financial guys take friends and family for a ride. I deal with a Credit Union and my rrsp's have been doing nothing for me. Who do i trust? Can you guys expand a bit on Primerica products for me. I honestly thought some of their stuff looked good, but I guess I have my head stuck in the sand.

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

^ Yes you do. I was never stupid enough to even look at anything they offer, so I myself can't help you. yes there are shady people in many areas, but its like you're walking into a crack-house and expecting to find responsible upstanding people, if you're looking for qualfied financial advisors in Primerica.

But hey, prove us all wrong, what do we know eh?

The only people I ever heard of, that were taken advantage of and hurt, were (and no I'm not joking) people INVOLVED in Primerica, and those that bought into their financial gimmicks.
    Some family friends of my parents are into it, they lost a large (meaning in the five figures) sum of money with one of their "fail-proof" investments. Not only are they there to pawn the investments onto folk like yourself, but they actually invested in one of the many investment vehicles. They lost out big, EASILY clearing out what very meager money they've ever made in the entire time they were in that business (and it was a few years of non-stop work).

Last edited by Graham_A_M; 10-20-2008 at 08:08 PM.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

I have seen some knowledgable financial guys take friends and family for a ride. I deal with a Credit Union and my rrsp's have been doing nothing for me. Who do i trust? Can you guys expand a bit on Primerica products for me. I honestly thought some of their stuff looked good, but I guess I have my head stuck in the sand.
    The point you're not getting is that their business model is built on a faulty premise -- a variation of MLM --

-- therefore who cares if their products may look good -- did you expect their marketing material to present crap?

Been there done that and made a easy million in 3 weeks. Would do it again but I got too rich too fast and they threatened to kill me and my family.
    Was the #1 Forum Warrior

My Ride
    Bicycle

It's MLM, products of course sounds good.

You just have to educated yourself. When it comes to investing, everyone got motives. You just have to understand everything enough to not be taken for a ride or just invest in safe stuff like GIC.

My Ride

Originally posted by Graham_A_M
    ^ Yes you do. I was never stupid enough to even look at anything they offer, so I myself can't help you. yes there are shady people in many areas, but its like you're walking into a crack-house and expecting to find responsible upstanding people, if you're looking for qualfied financial advisors in Primerica.

But hey, prove us all wrong, what do we know eh?

The only people I ever heard of, that were taken advantage of and hurt, were (and no I'm not joking) people INVOLVED in Primerica, and those that bought into their financial gimmicks.
    Some family friends of my parents are into it, they lost a large (meaning in the five figures) sum of money with one of their "fail-proof" investments. Not only are they there to pawn the investments onto folk like yourself, but they actually invested in one of the many investment vehicles. They lost out big, EASILY clearing out what very meager money they've ever made in the entire time they were in that business (and it was a few years of non-stop work).

Thanks this was the type of info I was looking for. I didn't mean to sound like you guys don't know what you were talking about.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-18-2020 at 08:53 AM.