Quantcast
Okay Tim Horton workers, if you read this I'm coming for you. - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Okay Tim Horton workers, if you read this I'm coming for you.

Originally posted by GQBalla

but i have to admit starbucks country hills near superstore makes the best quad, grande, extra hot, light foam, non fat, extra caramel, caramel machiatto.
    you're gay.

cmon non fat? really? what the hell is the point of non fat when you get extra caramel?

HAHA, non fat. its a coffee, how much "fat" can it really have innit?

My Ride
    E550 Coupe (M278)

Originally posted by l/l/rX
    Depends on how much he asks them to put in.
    -James
    Current beast: E550 Coupe (M278)
    Previous beasts: AM Vantage, E90 335i (modded + JB4 Map2), E39 M5

My Ride
    Kirov, rx-7

The way i avoid problems in drive through's are that Instead of getting my order and leaving, i quickly open the bag, check if i have everything I ordered, sip the coffee, make sure its right. That way if something is wrong I knock the drive through window and complain instead of getting super pissed when I realize they fucked up 4 blocks away.

My Ride
    Das Fahrenheit

you're gay.

cmon non fat? really? what the hell is the point of non fat when you get extra caramel?
    Plus lulu pants and a fanny bag...ya.
    Originally posted by 89coupe
    I do get great service there, especially when I mention my name, haha.

My Ride
    Grimace

After having worked across the street from a tim hortons for many months now, the only thing i trust them to do is put donuts into a bag for me. I gladly pay the premium at the starbucks down the road for drinks that dont spill all over everything.

My Ride
    sw20, E46 m3

they actually make more then 12$ and hour, the one by douglas dale starts at like 16 and stay there for two months and they get 18
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

Originally posted by Canmorite

he's not gay...he's just...metro....

Originally posted by Canmorite

i wear lululemon pants... i have 3 pairs actually. whats wrong with those?

My Ride
    '11 SWP Impreza

you're gay.

+1 it's like the people I hear standing in line..

"i'll have a non-fat white mocha"

"want whip cream?"

"oh yeah!"

But yeah, either triple-lattes or americanos at starbucks for me.

I have noticed the past couple weeks, that the Tim's in MacHall has been really inconsistent for the sugar/cream.

I will never understand why people will line up 10-15 cars deep in the drive thru for some shitty coffee and and nasty as fuck donuts. People are so god damned brainwashed to think that drinking Tim Hortons is the Canadian thing to do that they will waste their time lining up for it. I get my morning coffee at Good Earth now, and its either Cafe Beano or Kawa the rest of the time...

My Ride
    '19 GTI

Originally posted by RY213
    I will never understand why people will line up 10-15 cars deep in the drive thru for some shitty coffee and and nasty as fuck donuts. People are so god damned brainwashed to think that drinking Tim Hortons is the Canadian thing to do that they will waste their time lining up for it. I get my morning coffee at Good Earth now, and its either Cafe Beano or Kawa the rest of the time...
    Hate to be the one to break it to you buds, but majority of the people that go to Tim's don't do it because they feel pride in supporting the business.
    They go because they like their coffee for what they get.
    I think their donuts are pretty good... and their breakfast sammich's.

That is all, the employees are all foreign, but who gives a shit... Its all they can get.

Get your heads out of your asses people, and stop bitching about everything that steps in your way.

nah its all marketing, its like Molson Canadian beer. The companies have it so people associate their products with being a Canadian...

Things that drive me nuts at Tims.

1) lineups, all the time, every time
    2) drive through lineups blocking the walk up customer parking
    3) a single cash register open, long lineup, and rush hour
    4) coffee that once in a while tastes like its being run through a second time
    5) breakfast sandwich buns that are hard like they've been our for 4 days

last but not least, the 3lb creamcheese bagel...holy shit, like you really need an ice-cream scoop to spread my cream cheese? I carry a knife in my Jeep just so I can scrap out 2lbs of it before I can eat the thing.

I go less often now than before...pack a breakfast instead when I can.

most of them are clean enough, but one time I was at the one on blackfoot by shaw GMC. what a shithole. I had already placed my order before noticing how incredibly dirty and disgusting the restaurant was all over. I then noticed out of the corner of my eye when I was leaving that the guy that made my sandwich had just finished a quick sweep job, emptied the dust pan into the dirty ass garbage and then dragged the garbage away...the whole time while wearing the plastic gloves and then went straight to making his next sandwich.

sandwich, coffee, and donut hit the garbage on my way out at the same time. the guy behind me was turning green looking around the place and starting shit.

disgusting and I will never go to that one again.

drink real coffee...simple solution

My Ride
    08 Honda Civic Si (FG2)

Come on guys. take it for what its worth. Dont you find it a little true that not only tim hortons but other drive thru places fuck up the most simple of things. I recently went to mcdonalds and ordered a cheese burger and got everything but the meat patty... WTF.

My Ride
    CRF 250L

Originally posted by TorqueDog
    I've worked in the service industry on several occasions, so I don't sympathize one bit.

I'm not asking to be treated like a king; I'm asking for product that is to the standards that any reasonable person should expect. Are you suggesting that price should dictate their customer service standards? You are hired to do a job. Do it properly. You think people from your parents' generation did a shitty job just because they only made $4.50 an hour? People have no work ethic any more.

If the Iced Cap was $.50 cheaper, should I expect the cups to be perforated so it spills all over my pants? I just want a cup that is containing the very beverage it was made to hold properly, or wipe the one you're going to give me, at least to present the illusion of someone giving a shit.

If the bagels were $.50 cheaper, should they just wave them around near the butter or cream cheese so that maybe the proximity of the two foods will somehow add flavour to the other?

I'll agree that price can dictate quality to a point; if you're paying $50 for a steak, you expect it to be a damn good steak. If you're paying $18 for a steak, it may not be the most amazing steak you've ever sunk your teeth into, but you still expect it to be cooked how you ordered it, and without the blood from when it was raw dripping all over your plate.

Same thing applies here. I can pay $4.00 for a coffee that comes with whipped topping, chocolate shavings, nutmeg flavouring, espresso, and a complimentary Macbook so I can write shitty poetry in the Starbucks all day, or I can pay $1.98 for an iced cap that, while it may not have all those fancy things without additional charge, still tastes like an iced cap, and isn't streaming down the cup and onto my leg.
    ^^ Not at all what I was trying to say. Let me clarify:

You're trying to equate cream cheese on one side of the bagel to lazy ass over compensated under skilled workers who feel entitled to $16/hr. The part you're missing is that every single Tim hortons does it the same way. The franchise makes money by pumping out as much product as fast as it can. It does so at a very low price. Everything is designed for speed and efficiency of Point of Sale. Buttering one side of the bagel is not the workers fault, it is how they are instructed to do their jobs.

The reason that the Iced Cap drips is because of poor cup/lid design. Often when t hey hand it to you there is nothing dripping down, but there is a little bit of iced cap around the rim that melts and then drips. Again not the fault of the worker.

Originally posted by Amysicle
    I'd rather tell her that there are programs like this available to her to improve her skill set and help her improve her quality of life.
    http://www.ywcaofcalgary.com/ywca/th...vermilion.html
    http://www.calgaryunitedway.org/medi...agencylist.pdf

I don't mind donating to causes that give people a hand up, not a hand out but I can't help those who aren't willing to help themselves. I've also contributed to programs like adopt-a-family through work and other communities. It's not like I'm completely heartless about people in unfortunate situations.

EDIT: My previous post which broken_legs is referring to is a broad generalization aimed at the youth who feel entitled to make $10-15/h without any work ethic because they could easily walk across the street and make the same wage with a less demanding boss.
    Same comments as above. I'm not trying to justify crappy service from under skilled under motivated minimum wage employees.

Notice the complaints here, ie Its always so busy!

blah blah blah

I doubt anyone complains when the burger they ordered at the BBQ stand during a flames game, that they paid wayyyy too much money for, didn't have a pickle on it. Probably because they stood in line for 15 minutes waiting for it, and see that its a freaking zoo all around them and the people flipping the burgers off the BBQ are running their asses off trying to keep up. Kind of like Tim hortons. Timmys is always swamped with people, its a freaking zoo. You think they turn customers away when they are understaffed? How about when they have new workers training? I'm surprised they can get anyone to work there at all.

If you go to Tim Hortons that isn't busy (good luck finding one) I'm sure the employees might have the extra 5 seconds per coffee to double check the lid before they hand it to you.

Originally posted by TomcoPDR

Kritafo you use 2 accounts on here?
    I don't Get it
    TRUTH: it's the new hate speech.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - Orwell

No. It's just common fucking sense to NOT hand a person a cup, with steaming hot black coffee through the drive through window, without the lid on. You know what happens? They tilt the fucking cup sideways to help get it into your window and it spills all over your door and your lap.

It doesn't take 5 fucking seconds to put the lid on tightly!!!! DO IT THE FIRST TRY, IT'S NOT FUCKING ROCKET SCIENCE. I'm fucking god damned tired of this everywhere I get coffee. Mcdonalds did the same shit. The stupid worker put my fucking coffee into the cup, basically Rested the lid on top, and then literally slid it across the counter at me, what happened when it stopped? The coffee that was fresh outta the pot spilled out ALL over my hand, thus burning my hand.

That's fucking lazyness and stupidity. broken_legs, how can you even begin to defend people who do that?

When I was a teenager working burger king, people in the morning always got their orders right, it was a mad house, but we did our jobs properly because we took pride in them. You get these foreigners working here they don't even care about living in canada enough to learn the english language, let alone putting a fucking lid on your coffee.

My Ride
    89 civic si 89 crx si 91crx sir

Originally posted by MoneyPit
    When I was a teenager working burger king, people in the morning always got their orders right, it was a mad house, but we did our jobs properly because we took pride in them. You get these foreigners working here they don't even care about living in canada enough to learn the english language, let alone putting a fucking lid on your coffee.
    I saddly agree with MoneyPit with the foreigners...i am not racist BUT that is one thing that drive me CRAZY at timmies and every other fast food joint... hit up the drive through and you get the worst english speaking person in the whole place? do they like plan that shit... as i am allergic to pickles( not mayjor just a bit if i eat a bunch) and i hate onions..so i always use to say no picks and no onions but hell half the time i got extra of both and no cheese or somthing...so i just stopped ordering custom orders so less chance of them to missunderstand perfectly said english..

i have been to many many of fast food joints in calgary and i have found a select few of each in calgary that are awsome and never screw up..

ill let you guys know these good places

Timmies- Mckenzie on the west side of deer foot in the esso...AWSOME there not that busy unless early morning

mcdees #1- Esso on 16th Ave and Edmonton Trail( they dont have everything there but its never wrong and always fresh)

Mcdees #2- 52nd Street north of mcknight ( only been going there a few months but never screwed up yet)

A&W- movie dome parking lot- always had good from them

so far the best fast food place ever is probably harveys..cuz they make the burgar in front of you...thats my number one place

JUST AN FYI the wife is preggo and she has an addiction to fast food lol
    originally posted by sk3tchb4g

i dont remmember racing but whatever... my cars not that fast at all lolr

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Harvey's (anywhere in town, really) always does awesome burgers, as does the DQ up at Dalhousie Station... always pop in there for a quite bite to eat when I'm buying stuff at MemEx. Lunch and technology, a geeks dream
    Geek

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

Dear Tim hortons workers:

Please don't drop my bagel on the floor, pick it up and try and give it to me.

Thanks.
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast