Quantcast
Okay Tim Horton workers, if you read this I'm coming for you. - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Okay Tim Horton workers, if you read this I'm coming for you.

Last edited by kaput; 04-03-2019 at 08:03 PM.

Originally posted by kaput
    harrow welkum tooo tim hawtons how can i harpooo
    hehehe i had to chuckle to that.

Originally posted by onehawtrex
    JUST AN FYI the wife is preggo and she has an addiction to fast food lol
    Uh oh... I've read that what a mother eats during pregnancy strongly impacts what the kid's eating habbits down the road (or something down those lines). Might want to go the less fast food more fresh veggies route...

Though I wouldn't want to be the man that has to tell his preggo wife that she can't have her Big Mac cravings

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Originally posted by Super_Geo

Uh oh... I've read that what a mother eats during pregnancy strongly impacts what the kid's eating habbits down the road (or something down those lines). Might want to go the less fast food more fresh veggies route...

Though I wouldn't want to be the man that has to tell his preggo wife that she can't have her Big Mac cravings
    Just show her this and guilt it up, "do you want our kid(s) to turn out like this?"
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    oooo

Originally posted by kaput
    harrow welkum tooo tim hawtons how can i harpooo

Timmay iz taht u?
    2017 VW Jetta 1.4T (winter car)
    2010 F-350 Nortruck Tool Shed
    2007 BMW 5 (Wifey's)
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T 6spd Stage III w/ Meth
    1985 F-250 6.9L IDI w/ATS turbo

Last edited by Amysicle; 10-23-2008 at 04:20 PM.

My Ride
    CRF 250L

Originally posted by MoneyPit
    No. It's just common fucking sense to NOT hand a person a cup, with steaming hot black coffee through the drive through window, without the lid on. You know what happens? They tilt the fucking cup sideways to help get it into your window and it spills all over your door and your lap.

It doesn't take 5 fucking seconds to put the lid on tightly!!!! DO IT THE FIRST TRY, IT'S NOT FUCKING ROCKET SCIENCE. I'm fucking god damned tired of this everywhere I get coffee. Mcdonalds did the same shit. The stupid worker put my fucking coffee into the cup, basically Rested the lid on top, and then literally slid it across the counter at me, what happened when it stopped? The coffee that was fresh outta the pot spilled out ALL over my hand, thus burning my hand.

That's fucking lazyness and stupidity. broken_legs, how can you even begin to defend people who do that?

When I was a teenager working burger king, people in the morning always got their orders right, it was a mad house, but we did our jobs properly because we took pride in them. You get these foreigners working here they don't even care about living in canada enough to learn the english language, let alone putting a fucking lid on your coffee.

broken_legs said:
    I'm not trying to justify crappy service from under skilled under motivated minimum wage employees.

Again, i'm not sure how to make my point any more clear here.

The service you are delivered is more likely a product of the environment where you are purchasing it, the policies and standards that Tim Hortons employs, and finally the 97% effectiveness of coffee cup lids.

Sorry you had a bad experience. I hate it when coffee spills all over the place in my truck too.

Have you ever put a lid on a fountain pop cup that didn't fit quite right and popped off seconds later, even though you were sure it was on tight? Well this happens to me all the time at Subway and Edo et al. Maybe the cup itself had a defect on the brim which caused a poor seal with the lid. I guess we will never know.

All I meant to do was provide another point of view since it seems like everyone here equates all of their problems with so called lazy, unpatriotic, ethnic Tim Hortons workers. I just think there's a bit more to consider here.

Peace.
    TRUTH: it's the new hate speech.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - Orwell

Originally posted by l/l/rX

you're gay.

cmon non fat? really? what the hell is the point of non fat when you get extra caramel?

HAHA, non fat. its a coffee, how much "fat" can it really have innit?
    it means skim milk you fucken idiot.

cause if you dont say non fat it taste thicker....

extra caramel to add sweetness cause of the quad shot of espresso, not coffee.

NUMB NUTS please don't talk if you don't know.

Matt > Jarett

Originally posted by syscal
    Things that drive me nuts at Tims.

1) lineups, all the time, every time
    2) drive through lineups blocking the walk up customer parking
    3) a single cash register open, long lineup, and rush hour
    4) coffee that once in a while tastes like its being run through a second time
    5) breakfast sandwich buns that are hard like they've been our for 4 days

last but not least, the 3lb creamcheese bagel...holy shit, like you really need an ice-cream scoop to spread my cream cheese? I carry a knife in my Jeep just so I can scrap out 2lbs of it before I can eat the thing.

I go less often now than before...pack a breakfast instead when I can.

most of them are clean enough, but one time I was at the one on blackfoot by shaw GMC. what a shithole. I had already placed my order before noticing how incredibly dirty and disgusting the restaurant was all over. I then noticed out of the corner of my eye when I was leaving that the guy that made my sandwich had just finished a quick sweep job, emptied the dust pan into the dirty ass garbage and then dragged the garbage away...the whole time while wearing the plastic gloves and then went straight to making his next sandwich.

sandwich, coffee, and donut hit the garbage on my way out at the same time. the guy behind me was turning green looking around the place and starting shit.

disgusting and I will never go to that one again.

yup...the same thing happened to me once.One guy finished sweeping the floor then proceeded to make my sandwich without washing his hands or using gloves.I cancelled the order then left.Then another time last summer there were tons of flies in the store landing on the buns and donuts left out in the open.I watched one lady behind the counter swatting flies and picking them up off the counter with her bare hands.That was gross.Haven't been back the Tim's since.

there are some things that can be fixed and should not happen. the people here take the job market to their advantage and only work as hard as they need to to keep a job, and here in calgary is not very hard.

one instance myself and the OP went into tims by cmp.

one register open, one girl serving the line up of 10 or more, doing everything, then 5 people standing around in a circle talking about nothing to do with work.

and if they were all on a break is no excuse they should not put the whole shift on break at the same time.

crowfoot- only problem I ever had there was speed, and they were busy, so that is excuse able.

but when I am 2nd in line and it take 20 minutes to get 1 coffee that is poor service.

it seems any tims you get good service is ussualy only in the far NW or far SW anything east of 14th stree service and product is crap

My Ride
    03' Audi A4 Quattro

Tim Hortons usually employs people that are either young or generally qualified to pour coffee. I agree with lots of things in this thread however there is way too much bitching.

If your coffee lid isn't on right, PUT IT ON PROPERLY yourself if you get unlucky with a below average worker. You're paying a buck and a half for you coffee, you have to expect that to happen every so often. Tim's is an economical coffee chioce.

If you want your lid on right, steamed the proper temperature and with soy milk, hit up a $5 Starbucks coffee.

I understand how big of a pain small things are (ex. lid etc.) but in the big scheme of things, who the fuck cares. It's not worth complaining and ranting about it.

The cream cheese thing. Honestly, our society is generally fat and there are more people out there that want an ice cream scoop of the crap rather than a normal amount. They tailor to the average customer and with you having a healthy tendency, you're not the average customer. I'll bet MORE people ask for DOUBLE cream cheese, than they do half cream cheese.

Bottom line...ask them to put half on.

I agree, I have been in many incidents of stupid/uncompetent Tim's workers but seriously, just leave if they're being dumb and go somewhere else.

Either put up with average/sub par service at Tim's or go somewhere else. There are lots of alternatives and although you'll pay a bit of a premium, you'll get what you want made right (ex. Cafe Beano, Good Earth, Starbucks etc.)

My Ride
    03' Audi A4 Quattro

You get what you pay for...end of story.

My Ride
    2006 Ninja 500R

... I unfortunately worked for tims for 4 years, baker and manager. They are hiring from other countries to save money and keep up with staffing needs. Stay far away from the deer run tims, and the shawnessy is bad too. Worked at both, and refuse to eat from either after the things I saw

Originally posted by MoneyPit
    I just fucking hate people who order special sandwiches through drive thru. Then have 10 trays of coffee. GO INSIDE YOU FAT COWS.
    Whoa, chill out.

your probably one of them ^^

Originally posted by GQBalla
    your probably one of them ^^
    Haha, I rarely go to Tim's.

My Ride
    Q7

I just got my regular on 58th SE Tim hortons. the coffe taste like shit. wtf are you doin when you are making a coffe. how hard it is to make one. Somebody train these ppl.

Last edited by kaput; 04-03-2019 at 08:02 PM.

Often when t hey hand it to you there is nothing dripping down, but there is a little bit of iced cap around the rim that melts and then drips. Again not the fault of the worker.
    Not true from every single experience I've had with Iced Caps. That shit is ALWAYS dripping down the sides. I understand that its a shitty cup design, and that part has 0% to do with the people, I agree... but I too worked in the fast food restaurant scene, and I worked retail for YEARS, and I did the little things (like wiping the sides of a cup when it was spilling) for the customer... Why? Because in the recession in the early 90's jobs weren't that easy to come by where I lived. I did a good job to KEEP my job.

It takes 5 seconds to wipe the cup for their customers when its dripping as much for them when they hand it to me as it does when I accept it.

Are some people douchebags? Absolutely. Those are the ones who deserve to have shit dripping down the sides of my cup. Hell I handed out my fair share of shitty product to people who are ass-hats back in the day... But the regular-folk who were polite and friendly got 100%+

Am I a douchebag? No... I know what I want when I arrive at the speaker. They ask me what I want, I order, thank them, have my card ready when I get to the window and I pay and leave. Period. I don't order my shit a special way, I don't order a billion things, I am just in and out and I'm ALWAYS polite and friendly.

Shit, come to think of it, maybe I am a douchebag... If your definition of a douchebag is: a customer who buys things and helps pay their wages.

The bottom line as I see it is: No one cares anymore. It doesn't matter if they are the drive-thru worker, a cashier at Wal-Mart, a waitress at Tony Roma's or a manager at Earls. The staff run the businesses nowadays... They know that there is a labor shortage in this province, and they just don't care... there is no discipline at the workplace anymore because both the staff and the management know that if they get fired, big deal! They can literally have a job by the next day making as much if not more.

The "Alberta Advantage" as I see it is that the workers can do a sub-par job-performance with minimal work-ethic and still make a salary that is way too high for the effort they put in.

I would have nothing to say when a Tim's worker made $15-18/hr... if they actually gave the good customer service they were getting paid to deliver...
    Last edited by jhmed; 11-03-2008 at 11:13 AM.

agreed. Timmy's isnt worth the lineup... freaking drive thru traffic blockages!!!

Originally posted by Schwa
    Is it so hard for you to stop going there?

McDonald's coffee is far fresher and better tasting these days.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast