Quantcast
Safety Inspections... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Safety Inspections...

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Default Safety Inspections...

Anyone have a good hookup for a safety inspection?

I need to submit one for my insurance renwal and was wondering if anyone does this sort of stuff, or know someone who would do it cheap!...I suppose i could get it done at my dads dealership, but thats $$$...any suggestions?
    Last edited by Ben; 09-17-2002 at 07:29 PM.
    Travel

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Okay, I need info on the above!
    Travel

i say go to like sears or something if u want it cheap
    i got one done there for $42 before.....plus it is a respectable company so ur insurance company wont start asking questions...unless that is what u are worried about

whatever you do make sure you don't go to a place that specializes in one thing...

for example one time me and my dad went to get a car inspected at an allignment/suspension place....and we knew the exhaust was the only thing wrong with the car.....anyways, the mechanic there told us the ball joints were bad and wrote that down on the certification. basically he wanted our business at the shop.....so instead we jus bought the new balljoints and did it ourselves (even though they would have lasted like another 5000kms) and then got him to certify it so that we would not have to pay twice...
    Built not Bought.
    Originally posted by mitsumirage
    the civic will always be just a basic car , poor people will always buy them , its sad but its true

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Originally posted by dj_honda
    i say go to like sears or something if u want it cheap
    i got one done there for $42 before.....plus it is a respectable company so ur insurance company wont start asking questions...unless that is what u are worried about

whatever you do make sure you don't go to a place that specializes in one thing...

for example one time me and my dad went to get a car inspected at an allignment/suspension place....and we knew the exhaust was the only thing wrong with the car.....anyways, the mechanic there told us the ball joints were bad and wrote that down on the certification. basically he wanted our business at the shop.....so instead we jus bought the new balljoints and did it ourselves (even though they would have lasted like another 5000kms) and then got him to certify it so that we would not have to pay twice...

Well My car is in good shape, but I dont know what kinds of things they check when they do a safety. Do they care about your calalytic converter (or lack there of).

I was hoping that someone knew someone who does this stuff and could do it for cheap.

Anyone have a list of things they check?
    Travel

My Ride
    O.P.P.

Hey Benny, call Steve @ ARIA Auto 266-5774. He does inspections for alot less than a dealer would charge. Tell him I sent you... As for the inspection checklist, I believe these are most of the areas it covers, not in any particular order, but don't quote me:
    Braking system, suspension components, tires/wheels/lugs, glass, operation of lighting system, body damage, undercarriage/exterior rust, major fluid leakage, safety equipment operation i.e. seatbelt system, airbag, horn, ABS, etc...

My Ride
    FA1

Mine was 20 bucks at some place n 17th ave se.. some asian autobody place haha

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Originally posted by cocoabrova
    Hey Benny, call Steve @ ARIA Auto 266-5774. He does inspections for alot less than a dealer would charge. Tell him I sent you... As for the inspection checklist, I believe these are most of the areas it covers, not in any particular order, but don't quote me:
    Braking system, suspension components, tires/wheels/lugs, glass, operation of lighting system, body damage, undercarriage/exterior rust, major fluid leakage, safety equipment operation i.e. seatbelt system, airbag, horn, ABS, etc...

Thanksbud I'll call him tomorrow

Looking at those, it should be a breeze, car runs like a finely tuneds machine, now that I got that chip thing in and fiddled with stuff. You know how finicky that motor is. Its always something small and stupid.

I do have a small coolant leak, that thats nothing, easy fix.

I dont have airbags, or ABS either, and I will have brand brand new brakes in tomorrow.
    Last edited by Ben; 09-19-2002 at 08:36 AM.
    Travel