Quantcast
Do you recline your seat on a plane? - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you recline your seat on a plane?

My Ride
    Tesla Model S,Tesla P85D, 944T, Turbo Miata, TBSS

This is why I only fly business class.

While the cattle are being loaded in steerage, I listen to Vivaldi and sip on Champagne and engage in light hearteded chit chat with other upstanding members of society.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

ya I don't even ask. Seriously, I *have* to do it anyways, there is no option lol.

I do fly business class here and there when it's available on the longer flights.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    01 BB6 :(

Originally posted by 89coupe
    I'm tall, so I recline my seat as far as it will go. I don't care if the person if front of me reclines his or hers either. If you don't like it too fucking bad, purchase a 1st class seat next time.

You people who expect people NOT to do it are tilting me.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

If I was 5'0 I wouldn't need to. I'm 5'11 and if I don't recline it's insanely uncomfortable. Wheels go up, seat goes down. I also don't care if someone in front of me reclines, it doesn't make me incapable of breathing or reading or using a computer or whatever.

My Ride
    R50

I tilt it back pretty much all the time. EXCEPT for when it's time to eat! I think it's inconsiderate to keep the seat down when someone's eating. That's the only time when that 2" of space really matters. Because of that, I always tilt my seat back up when I see the food cart.

Other than that, It's built in there for people to use, so I really don't think people should see using it as a bad thing. Well, it doesn't bug me if the guy in front has his seat down at least.

My Ride
    SC 03 eclipse, 06 TJ,Shadow1100, HD FXSTC, Chopper

I never thought of not reclining the seat. Thats what the little button is for.
    Member since 2003.

My Ride
    oooo

haha 1st class on 1 hour flights.... haha people are retarded. Everytime i board and see the "1st class ballers" it wonder why?
    2017 VW Jetta 1.4T (winter car)
    2010 F-350 Nortruck Tool Shed
    2007 BMW 5 (Wifey's)
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T 6spd Stage III w/ Meth
    1985 F-250 6.9L IDI w/ATS turbo

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Eating is the only time my seat goes up. All other times, my seat is back as far as it goes.

My Ride
    oooo

Originally posted by benyl
    Eating is the only time my seat goes up. All other times, my seat is back as far as it goes.
    nothing like a hot coffee on your tray and the dildo infront of you decides to slam his seat back....

flying commercial sucks
    2017 VW Jetta 1.4T (winter car)
    2010 F-350 Nortruck Tool Shed
    2007 BMW 5 (Wifey's)
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T 6spd Stage III w/ Meth
    1985 F-250 6.9L IDI w/ATS turbo

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

I don't usually put it back. Mostly as I don't need to, I'm 6' even, and have never "HAD" to have it back, it's not like it provides more leg room. If I need to stretch out, I'll get out of my seat.

If I do put it back, I do it nice an slow, as to not annoy the person behind me. I don't slam it like most assholes do.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

5'11 and you cant fit? cry me a fucking river.

Im 6'4, and if the guy infront of me reclines his seat, it crushes my knees, and also put a big lump in teh back of his seat so its not comfy.

I do recline my seat enough so that I dont have to get surgury on my knees every time I fly. But I make sure I dotn SLAM! it back, just a couple notches, or so.

I try to fly exit row every time because its a bitch to sit anywhere else.

My Ride
    GTI

I'm 6'2, but I'm usually too busy sweating and digging my fingernails into the armrests to remember to recline.

My Ride
    G35x

I'm 5'5", 140lbs and I recline that sh!t all the way, regardless of who is sitting behind me. If you don't like it, don't fly coach. On the flip, I don't care if the person infront of me does it or not either. They are set to recline to an acceptable angle deterimned by the airline so if anyone has a problem with it, complain to the airline.

My Ride
    Lease

I've thought about this exact issue all the time (I'd say started flying at 5-6 yo)... the whole courtesy of not doing it, or the whole who cares, etc...

The thing is, in peasant class, that's what the plane manufacturer engineered the seats for, and/or with cooridantion with the airline to have the seats spaced at a certain distance WITH THE RECLINE distance factored for a normal person (as mentioned in early posts)... same thing with car manfacturers, the exit and head room are designed for their version of "normal person" (I guess 5'5" - 6'1")... that's why certain vehicles are "old people car" like Crown Vics, they are designed to have lower exit height (weak legs), and more belly room, etc...

With that said, the recline seat on plane issue I think it's like going on a first date. You don't know the person (peoples), you have no obligation whatsoever for their comfort or well-being, you don't know how they feel about you. Therefore, the burden or "moral/courtesy" depends on YOU whether you ask before pulling your dick out or just do it without asking. There's no solid answers here.

My Ride
    '08 F150: 1956 Olds Super 88

I never recline my seat for 2 reasons.
    1.) My back sucks, and I like to sit upright. I have short legs and a long torso so my back cramps up something fierce if I have to recline my seat and scrunch down to see my TV screen.
    2.) I'm considerate of the comfort of others. Like driving, I strive to make myself as invisible and unintrusive to others as possible. I have no sense of entitlement, and refuse to take a "fuck them" attitude. I know how much everyone else pisses me the fuck off, so I refuse to contribute to that problem by being on of "them".

That said, the reclining doesn't bother me too much, as long as you're not yo-yo-ing back and forth. I'll scrunch down and kink my neck in order to watch my shitty little TV so you can have your precious 5* recline.
    The trade off is that you're now within range of my daughter's swinging and grabbing, so recline at your own peril.
    Founding member of the Leave-Me-Alone-atarian party of Canada.

Originally posted by TomcoPDR

The thing is, in peasant class, that's what the plane manufacturer engineered the seats for, and/or with cooridantion with the airline to have the seats spaced at a certain distance WITH THE RECLINE distance factored for a normal person (as mentioned in early posts)... same thing with car manfacturers, the exit and head room are designed for their version of "normal person" (I guess 5'5" - 6'1&quot... that's why certain vehicles are "old people car" like Crown Vics, they are designed to have lower exit height (weak legs), and more belly room, etc...
    I kind of disagree with this. I'm more inclined to think that plane manufacturers take the distance with recline distance factored for a normal person, then make it just slightly smaller than that to coerce people into buying first class seats.

Most TVs on flights can tilt up/down nowadays so even if the person in front of you is reclined, you should be able to tilt the screen back to its original position.

I'm actually quite surprised that people on here are so sensitive about reclining. A couple questions for those of you who think its rude for people to recline:

What about the reading lights? Do you complain that the person beside you is turning on the light because you want it dark so you can sleep?

What about the vent? You like it warm but the person beside you turned on his vent so its spraying cold air at you. What a rude prick!
    ---

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by TomcoPDR

The thing is, in peasant class, that's what the plane manufacturer engineered the seats for, and/or with cooridantion with the airline to have the seats spaced at a certain distance WITH THE RECLINE distance factored for a normal person
    See the real problem is that that's what the manufacturer designed for certain lengths of flights, as in the shorter the flight, the less leg room you will get. However, as most commercial airliners are flying aircraft initially designed DECADES ago, things have changed.

It was only in the past couple of years that Transport Canada, along with the FAA finally recognized that the average person no longer weighs 150 lbs (the # they've been using for the past 50 years), and it is now at 200 lbs (for weight and balance calculations). This shows how out of date they can really be.

Also, due to the declining profit margin of airliners, the seat pitch they were using on short-haul flights are now being used on long-haul flights so they can fit more cattle...er I mean economy passengers in, under the guise of "hey, we're the lowest price you can find, deal with it"
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

I always recline, if i dont it wont be comfortable, one time this bitch kept kicking my chair, and i just didnt get why she was so angry, she was a little bit bigger and my seat was pretty much on her lap, i felt bad, but she could have reclined hers too

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast