Quantcast
shaw number of outlets in the house - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: shaw number of outlets in the house

Originally posted by Grogador
    Shaw.ca "bundle pricing" page says "Up to four outlets included" (no link cuz you need to set locale and it's all javascripty)
    I get that. I also quoted the end note in my original post. There's no mention of ongoing charges, only that there may be charges for installation of additional outlets.

My Ride
    AWOL

Ok, and?

Originally posted by Grogador
    Ok, and?
    I guess you don't have a problem paying for services that aren't outlined in a policy that are made available to you as a customer.

If I go to McDs and buy 5 combos for $3.99 each, I expect to pay 5x$3.99+tax. If I get charged $25 + tax then I'm going to have questions. If the answer to that question is "Well sir, today we are selling the first 4 combos for $3.99. Since you ordered 5, we need to charge you an extra $5 for the 5th one. This isn't outlined anywhere in our restaurant, but I assure you that this is the policy we have set out in our head office.", I think we have a problem.

Sorry to bring this topic back up.

I have 3 outlets, 2 tv and 1 internet. I was thinking about calling Shaw to deactivate 1 of the 2 tv outlet, and just split the one tv outlet into 2. Would that work? If so, can they find out?

Originally posted by cc101

I have 3 outlets, 2 tv and 1 internet. I was thinking about calling Shaw to deactivate 1 of the 2 tv outlet, and just split the one tv outlet into 2. Would that work? If so, can they find out?
    We have 7 going (one of them is split) and Shaw has been to my house multiple times and never cared about it. In fact, the Shaw guy provided me with a better quality splitter when he was at my house .

My Ride
    AWOL

Do you have poor signal? Do you have basic cable, and are paying for extra outlets? If no, then who gives a shit, you get 4 TVs and 1 internet outlet included.

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    We have 7 going (one of them is split) and Shaw has been to my house multiple times and never cared about it. In fact, the Shaw guy provided me with a better quality splitter when he was at my house .
    Service techs won't care, but installers get paid piece rate when they activate them, so they have to code/track them to get paid!

go to home depot and buy a coax terminator and plug it into the outlet you don't use.

http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/s...k=P_PartNumber

My Ride
    AWOL

Originally posted by d4ftpuNK
    go to home depot and buy a coax terminator and plug it into the outlet you don't use.
    Those don't do much of anything... especially for $8... until it fails (and eventually it will) and fucks up your signal and possibly the rest of the neighborhood's signal too.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Grogador
    [B]

Do you have poor signal? Do you have basic cable, and are paying for extra outlets? If no, then who gives a shit, you get 4 TVs and 1 internet outlet included.

No, my signals are good. I have basic cable and they charging me $5/month for the second tv outlet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2