Quantcast
Quality cars calgary - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Quality cars calgary

My Ride
    98 TJ

I went down there to look at some FD's before I ended up getting my second gen. It wasn't a bad experience, but it was enough to turn me off.

I walk in and on the right they have probably 7-8 RX7s. I'm not a super picky person, but EVERY ONE OF THEM had something wrong with it. Interior panels broken, paint faded or rubbed off from shipping, kits falling off. The only one that was actually nice was the auto. I got them to start it up for my girlfriend to test drive and ( enough to make any rotary fan cringe) he revs it to 6000rpm on a COLD ENGINE. There goes the only car I would have considered getting.

Shaz was a really nice guy and very patient as I looked over the other ones with a fine tooth comb. I found that he didn't know too much about the cars he has on the lot. He told me one car had 86xxx km and when I started it up I saw 124xxx on the dash. I asked him to test drive one other car and, like mentioned before, he got his mechanic to go with us. We went around the block in this FD and it starts to sputter, theres no boost and I can hear knocking from some where in the car. NO GOOD. For the record that last car was a red FD with an intake and wood grain steering wheel.... STAY AWAY.

I am going to have to agree with the others on this one, if you want a car from there. Make sure you head down and check it out yourself. Take some one that knows what to look for, specially for the rotarys.

Originally posted by Ferio_vti

Is that a smoke alarm INSIDE the fire truck??
    Let's them know when they're close .

My Ride
    Is uncomfy

Thanks a lot guys for the info, it really helps
    ill be sure to do a 100% look on all his cars, itll be the first place i check out to see, if there is a bunch of stuff wrong with it then im going to have to look more around

My Ride
    '08 AW E92 335i

My Ride
    Is uncomfy

haha i guess this thread answers your questions more than the other thread right?
    bonus for me and u

My Ride
    Is uncomfy

alright so i visited the place today
    i have to say the customer service was really good
    saw a couple of their cars, they have atleast 17gtrs there, only saw two that cought my eye tho, didnt get to test drive them because they were out of gas tho, saw a few 300zx's which were all in horrid shape, not one really cought my eye, the rx7's looked pretty filthy, i did test drive a nissan silvia tho! that one was definetly a nice ride, although there was a weird screeching noise from one of the belts coming from the engine, door didnt close on passenger side without using a bit of force, overall tho, customer service seems good, didnt get to meet shaz but all his employees seemed pretty good. Ill probably be going down there for a second look after my car sells, I wasnt really expecting too much after reading all the posts tho, But overall found one decent car that pulled good, We'll see from there!

My Ride
    Nissans Pathfinder and Silv

They are totally legit. I would utilize them before any others on this forum.

Bumping this, so has anyone here actually bought from them and what was the latest experience?

I was looking at a car there a while back, and was hoping to take the car and have a pre purchase inspection done. However, I was told that they dont allow potential customers take a car to an outside mechanic/shop to have it inspected, but will allow one to come there and view it on the hoist.

That itself has made me wary of purchasing from there.

My Ride
    is not from this country

Originally posted by bosa
    I was told by one of his employees that one of the owners brother lives in Japan and they own their own shipping crate so that saves them a bunch (not saying anything is wrong with that, but they're making a lot of profit on most cars).
    what kind of difference are we talking, if I barter hard, its good to know what kinds of prices their paying.

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

Originally posted by DomesticBoy
    alright so i visited the place today
    i have to say the customer service was really good
    saw a couple of their cars, they have atleast 17gtrs there, only saw two that cought my eye tho, didnt get to test drive them because they were out of gas tho, saw a few 300zx's which were all in horrid shape, not one really cought my eye, the rx7's looked pretty filthy, i did test drive a nissan silvia tho! that one was definetly a nice ride, although there was a weird screeching noise from one of the belts coming from the engine, door didnt close on passenger side without using a bit of force, overall tho, customer service seems good, didnt get to meet shaz but all his employees seemed pretty good. Ill probably be going down there for a second look after my car sells, I wasnt really expecting too much after reading all the posts tho, But overall found one decent car that pulled good, We'll see from there!
    So, they have cars you can't drive because they can't be bothered to put gas in the tank. Cars that are in "horrid shape", and a silvia that they are letting people drive with mechanical issues and a door that doesn't close....

Yeah, they sound great
    Originally posted by Vagabond142
    Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome

poor Rx7's

any pulsar gti-r's there?
    looking for a project

My Ride
    A twin turbo boat & a twin turbo station wagon

Originally posted by SilVFan
    They are totally legit. I would utilize them before any others on this forum.
    They are legit, but they have the second LOWEST quality cars, jdmtuners being the worst. If I was to buy a car from an importer it would be Brave auto or jdmsource.

Quality cars buy cars for like 100,000 yen from the auctions with most being horrible shape which doesn't matter cause he has his own mechanic and attempt to make a killing off of it..

Are you kidding ?? Why do you think that guy keeps changing the name legally ? He keeps fucking people and getting sued!

He writes his own inspections and imports only the worst of the worst. Happy buying from quality cars hahaha

My Ride
    is not from this country

Originally posted by chris746
    Are you kidding ?? Why do you think that guy keeps changing the name legally ? He keeps fucking people and getting sued!

He writes his own inspections and imports only the worst of the worst. Happy buying from quality cars hahaha
    site has just changed from quality cars calgary to Japan Dream Cars. hmm.

My Ride
    A twin turbo boat & a twin turbo station wagon

Originally posted by moka989

site has just changed from quality cars calgary to Japan Dream Cars. hmm.
    I guess cause the name "quality cars" contradicts itself lol

Is brave auto and zenautoworks the same company, or does zen get their cars via brave? Noticed the cars on both sites are the same.

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

If you guys are interested in a Fire truck, I know of a guy that has a 1970 Ford pumper, all black & in great shape. 8k original miles.
    Dont know the asking price but.....
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

it's in the NE. 'nuff said.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

JDM Source or JDM Motor Imports have much better cars than Quality Cars or whatever it is now in my expeiriences.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast