Quantcast
World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King official thread - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 43 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King official thread

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Default World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King official thread

I know that we have at least 20-30 people on Beyond (statistically we should have even more, but I digress) that are regular WoW players, either hardcore raiders or softy casuals.

And so, with the second expansion looming on the horizon like a great northern continent, I have started this thread to centralize information and questions about the expansion, release, Death Knight rerolls if we all want to join up on a server at level 55, etc.

Midnight releases:

AFAIK, all Best Buys in Calgary are doing midnight releases on the morning of the 13th.

EB Games Northland is doing a midnight release as well.

Future Shop I am not sure about, I THINK, being a related company to Best Buy, they are doing midnight releases, but all FS's I've called are still "we don't know"
    Geek

My Ride
    '04 Solara, and planks of hardrock maple.

I probably won't be doing the midnight release, but the next day I'll be picking up a copy. I'd be interested to see how many other people on beyond play regularly.
    Last edited by Pollywog; 11-04-2008 at 08:55 AM.

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

I was a hardcore raider in the summer, but now I'm just a casual but I play about 6-8 hours during the workweek, and about 6-10 hours on weekends.

Belfadin ftw
    Geek

Here is what futureshop has posted.

http://www.futureshop.ca/marketing/lichking/

So yes, they will be open at midnight too.

They better stop nerfing pallys , it's pissing me off how they nerf ret and its affecting holy/prot pallys too
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    2016 Camaro SS convertible

Pretty sure I can wait until the next day to pick up my preorder from EB Games. No point going out at midnight and waiting in line methinks, after playing beta I'm not THAT anxious to get my hands on the retail version.

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

you guys should transfer to Frostmane.
    we just PvP a couple hours a week, no 5 hours a night raiding bullshit.

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Well, going out for the midnight release is just all about the whole being part of a one time event thing. I'm gonna go get my collector's edition at EB Games Northland (yes, I am preordered :P) at midnight and play for ~6 hours. Then head to school and do two labs yay :P
    Geek

My Ride
    E90 335i

Rets got nerfed this morning didn't they? 3.03 today.

I wont be doing the midnight release but Ill def pick it up tuesday or w.e. day it is. I started a pally today, leveling with ret then want to tank or heal later on.

Dont think I will be doing a DK, gonna do my main rogue first then get my pally to catch up.

Originally posted by Vagabond142
    Well, going out for the midnight release is just all about the whole being part of a one time event thing. I'm gonna go get my collector's edition at EB Games Northland (yes, I am preordered :P) at midnight and play for ~6 hours. Then head to school and do two labs yay :P
    I will probably be at the Northland location too. Even though i didn't pre-order i don't see this EB running out of stock since its one of the lesser known ones.

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Heheh people with just one character to level :P

In order: Belfadin (going to be instance MT for my guild -_-), belf rogue, gnome warlock, tauren DK ( /moo ), Draenei Shaman.

Upside.... 5 characters doing dailies = MEGA GOLD

Downside.... 5 characters doing dailies
    Geek

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Originally posted by Gooseberry

I will probably be at the Northland location too. Even though i didn't pre-order i don't see this EB running out of stock since its one of the lesser known ones.
    Yeah, I went in there when the Wrath CE preorders were announced, I was the first guy in there that day and got the first reservation slot for the CE. While all other EB's got swamped and ran out of CE preorder slots in about 2 hours, the Northland one apparently lasted 8 hours for 6 CE preorders O_o
    Geek

Originally posted by 403Gemini
    They better stop nerfing pallys , it's pissing me off how they nerf ret and its affecting holy/prot pallys too
    You mean super OP'd Pally's? If they don't nerf them they better start letting all other classes wear plate

How can you stand doing dailies on 5 characters?

I can't even make myself do them on my one main.

In other news, i got my 'the hallowed' title.

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Originally posted by Gooseberry
    How can you stand doing dailies on 5 characters?
    A lot of Jolt, 2 hours, and a washroom break

But seriously, there are SO MANY dailies in Wrath that I might have each character do a different factions dailies until they all have exalted, then switch it up some :P

I am aiming for my mammoth mount on at least my Paladin (20k gold)
    Geek

Originally posted by Vagabond142

I am aiming for my mammoth mount on at least my Paladin (20k gold)
    Are you serious? $20K?

People who complain about pally's should just role a pally and stop complaining.

Go Pally-Power!

My Ride
    07 R6, 12 Ralliart

haha ya i'm aiming for the 3 person mount too! i'm just under 7k atm....on that note anyone on here play horde on Tichondrius?

Originally posted by LUCKYSTRIKE
    Rets got nerfed this morning didn't they? 3.03 today.

I wont be doing the midnight release but Ill def pick it up tuesday or w.e. day it is. I started a pally today, leveling with ret then want to tank or heal later on.

Dont think I will be doing a DK, gonna do my main rogue first then get my pally to catch up.
    Paladins got nerfed as a whole.

Judgements deal less damage now by 20% (bad for tanks for aggro, bad for holy to kill/level)

Hammer of wrath now only useable at 20% instead of 35% so when prot or holy have to kill a mob who can heal itself... well this is a long fight (basically wait for mob to run outta mana )

Art of war got "nerfed" from 20% extra damage from crits to 8%overall damage (the 8% # im not sure about, i believe thats what it was being changed too) - so its more consistant , less burst.

Righteous Vengeance (I believe thats the talent) got changed from 25% extra crit damage to a DoT that is supposed to be a pally version of deep wounds - again make it consistant damage, less burst.

My biggest beef is Avenging Wrath now causing forberance. This is shit for:
    Prot paladins - if they open with avenging wrath to get mounds of aggro right away so classes can instant nuke instead of waiting, they cant use their "shield wall" (divine protection) for 2 minutes in case something bad happens
    Holy paladins - if they use avenging wrath for 20% more to heals when the bosses get stronger (example: gruul)and if they pull aggro or get caught with a debuff/cave in they cant bubble to stay alive.
    Ret paladins - if they pop avenging wrath to get an extra 20% damage and get a lucky string of crits and pull aggro they cant bubble to drop the aggro and let the tank re-establish.
    The better solution would have been just make it so Bubble drastically reduces the amount of damage done, like 80% or something - they added forberance to avenging wrath because ret pallys were using that and divine shield so they were unkillable juggernauts for 12 seconds.
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

Originally posted by Euro838

Are you serious? $20K?

People who complain about pally's should just role a pally and stop complaining.

Go Pally-Power!
    well said lol

Originally posted by SilverGS

You mean super OP'd Pally's? If they don't nerf them they better start letting all other classes wear plate
    A few things to keep in mind:

Pallys have always been a joke for damage, now that they have finally caught up (yes, they have caught up, they arent better than any other class) , other classes are complaining instead of adjusting on how to deal with a new threat.

Less QQ more Pew pew

Another thing, these are level 80 talents. Of course we're going to seem overpowered at level 70, everybody is. Arcane mages have way more burst damage, from a range, and have snares, can go invisible.

Please, tell me who is OP?
    Last edited by 403Gemini; 11-04-2008 at 12:13 PM.

Originally posted by Euro838

Are you serious? $20K?

Go Pally-Power!
    People who complain about the Paladin Nerf should just roll another class.

Page 1 of 43 1 2 11 ... LastLast