Quantcast
American Vintage 52 Re-Issue Fender Telecaster - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: American Vintage 52 Re-Issue Fender Telecaster

My Ride
    firebird

Default American Vintage 52 Re-Issue Fender Telecaster

4 months old. Paid $2100. Absolutely Mint. I am a student. Therefore I am broke. I need money.

This guitar sounds beautiful and I am really going to miss it. All manuals, packaging, authenticity certificates etc.

The color is butterscotch blonde.....

$1700 obo

Its the one on the right....

Last edited by Mckenzie; 09-21-2003 at 08:33 PM.
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

whats the diff between that and a stratocaster?
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

My Ride
    firebird

Hmmm.... where do I begin....?

Well.... in my hunt for a second guitar, I decided tp go for either a stratocaster or a telecaster. I played a bunch of telecasters that I did not like, so I ruled out the telecaster altogether. So I played about 20 different stratocasters, including every signature model in the city, and they just werent doing it for me.

Finally, by accident one day I walked into guitarworks and I saw a telecaster (the one I am selling) that I hadnt played before..... I plugged this thing in and I was in heaven!

I ABed it with three other strats and this thing blew them out of the water. I went home with it.

The strats were very thin and weak sounding compared to the telecaster. The telecaster sounded so warm and crisp with the American Vintage pickups on it. The bridge pickup is to die for, as it will cut through the mix like no other guitar. The neck pickup has the warmest and cleanest sound you have every heard, and when you hit the distortion this thing wails!!

Compared to the strat.....well.... the telecaster has only two pickups instead of three. The headstock is different and the body is not contoured like the strat. The tele has the vintage bridge hooked up (3 brass saddles) which give it a nice twang (modern bridge included).

However, there is no contest to which guitar sounds better. The strat is not very versatile. I was not impressed with the sound of the strat overdriven. The tele can hit everything from clean tones and twangy country to raunchy blues and metal.....

You wont be dissapointed and I will be re-gretting the selling of this guitar big time.
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802