Quantcast
U.S. Election 2008: GDT - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: U.S. Election 2008: GDT

Default U.S. Election 2008: GDT

(Game Day Thread for those not in the know).

Its been almost 2 years of campaigning for Obama and McCain, now it all comes down to today. A village in New Hampshire already voted overwhelmingly in favor for Obama, so he's already on pace to win the election with 72% of the popular vote

So, do you make more than $250,000 and don't want to see your tax bracket skyrocket from 36% to 39% and want McCain to win? (This is for our American friends of course).

Or are you just terrified of the islamic fundamentalist arab who wants to turn America into a communist dictatorship, nationalizing wealth and destroying the U.S. from withing, all the while letting terrorists run amok exploding nuclear bombs in fake America?

Or are you not all that crazy about the centrist McCain but just love the gosh-darn down to earth, small town gee-whiz, go-getter attitude of that Governor Palin?

Or are you an Obama supporter? Are you afraid of being labelled a racist? Do you just want free money? Apparently you want small businesses to crumble. Not only that, but the extra $3K that the wealthy will have to pay in taxes will stop investment altogether, and even though the housing market has collapsed, there still is the chance that you might be able to sell your house for over $250K of what you paid for it and you just can't get taxed on that. TAXES! ARAB! TERRORIST! Biraq HUSSEIN Osam...ObAMA!

Or perhaps you threw your vote away and attempted to elect a 3rd party candidate (hopefully Barr, the Nader of 2008).

I suppose we could also use the thread for interesting senate races (i.e. Al Franken in Minnesota).

What a farce this whole thing is.. Can they really not shorten it down? Say even to 1 year? And today, alaska doesn't finish voting until 1am eastern... And then they hold off on handing over power a couple more months... 2 party archaic system, designed for when word got around on horseback...

Repubs need a timeout. I would have said McCain all the way but they fucked that up by bringing in Palin. Talk about suicide.

My Prediction: Obama ~300-325 | McCain ~205-230

or:

Obama ~175-200 Electoral Votes | McCain ~75-100 Electoral Votes.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

I don't even care who wins, all that matters is that Bush is gone.

Okay, Go NADER.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

This will be the lowest 3rd party vote ever. After the last two elections, nobody is going to risk another republican regime by voting 3rd party.

My hopes are McCain pulls out a surprise win and we get a nice wave of riots. Then a few months into his presidency, he dies and Palin becomes president. The entertainment factor would be great.

Obama will win but he will be a one term president. His administration will inherit the worse situation in American history, financially and politically.

The republicans will take it back in 4 years.

Last edited by kaput; 04-03-2019 at 08:01 PM.

My Ride
    wrx wagon

Originally posted by BigMass

My hopes are McCain pulls out a surprise win and we get a nice wave of riots. Then a few months into his presidency, he dies and Palin becomes president. The entertainment factor would be great.
    I obviously want Obama to win, but man this would actually be pretty funny. President Palin? bahahaha
    Either way it probably won't influence or change my daily life much (or at all) so whatever. Let's just get this crap over with!

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

i don't think anyone can really call it until it's over, i hope obama gets in, he would be a step in the right direction for the states.
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    17 Civic HB Sport

Should Obama win, can you imagine the amount of death threats he will get, along with assasination attempts from the redneck population...
    Last edited by LadyLuck; 11-04-2008 at 09:45 AM.
    What kind of birdhouse can you build with popsicles, roofies, and a rubber mallet?
    "It's for a rare African bird called "none your business."
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    If you were straight I'd eat you like a BLT sandwich with extra Bacon. And I fucking LOVE bacon.

Originally posted by LadyLuck
    Should Obama win, can you imagine the amount of death threats he will get, along with assasination attempts from the redneck population...
    I think people are overplaying the Obama assassination card. Bush is pretty much the most hated president in history. Was he assassinated? No.

Also, people inside the government approve of Obama. He’s a player.

Unless… their strategy is to have Biden be president by getting Obama elected then assassinating him in the same way LBJ took over by taking out JFK.

My Ride
    17 Civic HB Sport

I think people are overplaying the Obama assassination card. Bush is pretty much the most hated president in history. Was he assassinated? No.

Also, people inside the government approve of Obama. He’s a player.

Unless… their strategy is to have Biden be president by getting Obama elected then assassinating him in the same way LBJ took over by taking out JFK.
    You may be right, however...its amazing how many people STILL support Bush.

Sure the government approves of Obama, but to some folks the idea of a black president might not sit well.
    What kind of birdhouse can you build with popsicles, roofies, and a rubber mallet?
    "It's for a rare African bird called "none your business."
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    If you were straight I'd eat you like a BLT sandwich with extra Bacon. And I fucking LOVE bacon.

My Ride
    audi

Obama will take it, if he doesn't I will be shocked.

I do think there will be death threats from the rednecks, because there will always be racism and not everyone will be happy.

It's just sad that his Grandmother won't be alive to hear the news.

Looking forward to how he will connect with Canada as his sister is married to a fellow from Burlington.

Regardless it is a big deal for the US, finally get rid of Bush. Too bad it will take years for changes to be made.

My Ride
    CBR600RR

Toma Jr reporting for duty

I would've liked to have seen McCain win it, but he's caved to the Republican machine and is worse off because of it. He should've tried to distance himself from the Republicans as much as possible.

I would've voted for McCain the man, but not the party he represents.
    In reference to Rob Anders:
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    Hes not really that bad...

Originally posted by Eleanor

I couldn't bring myself to vote Palin closer to the big chair.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Originally posted by LadyLuck

You may be right, however...its amazing how many people STILL support Bush.

Sure the government approves of Obama, but to some folks the idea of a black president might not sit well.
    Your armchair politics is so cute.

Bush still gets support only because there are people trying to hang on to *some* of the older values, and from the horses mouth: "unfortunately Bush was our only real option".

I was sure of Obama winning this, but I'm not anymore. The reality of his inexperience may snatch failure from the jaws of victory in the dying moments.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

I would've liked to have seen McCain win it, but he's caved to the Republican machine and is worse off because of it. He should've tried to distance himself from the Republicans as much as possible.

Yup he is a shadow of his former self. His ambition to be president completely changed what he was perceived as 8 years ago. He just went the do whatever he thought it took to win which meant major changes in his old pilosophy.

If McCain picked a better VP candidate (Olympia Snowe for example), he would win the election handsomely. Its really a shame he had to sell his soul for this bid, then lose control of his campaign. Seeing him at rallies reacting to the nutjobs, all I see is a man who wishes he didn't allow himself to get into this mess to be perfectly honest.

At the very least, it will be a Dem controlled house, which would mean even in the case of McCain winning he would be forced to be a moderate president (which is what he would have been anyway). Then in the unfortunate situation if he dies in office, all Palin could do with a Dem controlled Congress is be a lame duck president providing endless material for the Daily Show and SNL.

Oh why ouldn't McCain have been president from 2000 to now instead?

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

If McCain wins, I won't be surprised. Americans are fuckin idiots.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by kertejud2
    Oh why ouldn't McCain have been president from 2000 to now instead?
    That McCain > Obama.

2008 McCain is too old and to close to the base.

I would be surprised if Obama doesn't win.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast