Quantcast
India - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: India

Default India

Hey, so my family and I are planning a trip to India. We're only going to be gone for 2 weeks, and we're not sure if spending that much time in India is too much.

So we've been throwing ideas around where we would maybe spend a few days (up to 1 week) in India, and perhaps spend another week somewhere else.

I'm wondering if anyone has any insight on what to do in India. Also perhaps suggestions on where else to go if we do decide to split up the trip to 2 or more cities/countries.

Some ideas being thrown around right now is Malaysia or Thailand or Vietnam for 1 week, and the other week in India.

India is for certain and set in stone, I just think (with my lack of knowledge of India) that 2 weeks in India might be too long considering we've never been to Far SE Asia (Everything south east of Thailand.)

So suggestions or websites to look at would be greatly appreciated.

There's a distinct smell in Indian when you get there ... you won't know what it is but its there ...

I hear Thailand has some of the best beaches in the world ... It's deff. on my wish list.

Well theirs the Taj Mahal in Aagra you can check out, Jaipur is a pretty cool place, with fortresses and what not to check out and is close by to Aagra. Goa is the place to go, if you want to sit at a beach, drink some beers, party, gamble. Parliment buildings in New Delhi are pretty cool too, theirs a Muslim mosque out in India too that is in a shape of a lotus, looks cool from the outside. Mumbai has some nice site seeing places too, and is a good place to party, the city never sleeps.

I'd recommend spend your full 2 weeks in India, theirs a lot to see. I went for a month and still didn't get to see everything. But I also ended up in Punjab, to visit family, which took some time away.

1 tip, these guys will try to hustle you and charge you Canadian rates. Make sure you bargain, when purchasing items from non established stores.

My Ride
    the ladies crazy!

Hit up mumbai and goa you will not be let down!
    Life is a Gamble.

Jaipur is to be amazing, i was seeing some of the pics of that place from my brother and it looked amazing. Goa is a must to hit up rated highly by everyone that has been there

My Ride
    S14|TB1

if your going to m'sia, for shopping and such goto west m'sia, you'll prlly go in debt for shopping in KL

but if you're up for beaches, east m'sia is the shit, well naturally i'd recommend my aunt's resort (lol), Pulau Tiga Resort on Pulau Tiga (island), was the setting for the first American Survivor TV series episodes, theres white sand beaches, natural volcanic mud bath (its pretty much the same mud in spa's, but you can cover your entire body, then run to the ocean to wash it off), scuba diving, heated freshwater showers, full meals etc etc

the last time i went back (about 1 year ago) there was still some standing structure from the Survivor show, like the bridge to walk to tribal council thing or whatever. i grabbed me a laminated piece of paper stuck under some drift wood saying 'Survivor Contestants only beyond this point" - CBS TV Studios.

just google Pulau Tiga, plus Air Asia flights are so damned cheap i can't see how they make any $, they fly all over S.E asia sometimes free seats if you're lucky (to fill up the flight or something)

My Ride
    Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 08

i stayed in bangalore for 2 months and i didn't get to see everything.. but keep in mind, i went there for work, and i worked 12-16 hours a day while i was there , so really i only had the weekends to myself!

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

Go To Sri Lanka for a week, Lonely Planet ranked it having the best beach in the world.
    Originally posted by arian_ma
    your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

goa is overated imo... if you have been to mexico then you will laugh at goa. i would check out manali/nepal area.. its very nice there. you can also go houseboating on dal lake in kashmir... its not the same houseboating in BC.. but its an adventure. there are many rajastan tours... and they are fanastic too.

just a tip..... dancing in banglore bars is banned now... so partying has gone down hill there.... would probably stick to mumbai or delhi for partying.

My Ride
    Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 08

Originally posted by DJ_NAV

just a tip..... dancing in banglore bars is banned now... so partying has gone down hill there.... would probably stick to mumbai or delhi for partying.
    yeah i noticed that, its werid because everything closes at 11:30-12midnight.. which is weird ... apparently its to keep the nightlife troubles down to a minimum.. i remember driving home at like 1-2am and no one would be on the streets... and i mean NO ONE!!!!!! completely dead, felt like a ghost town at night....