Quantcast
Blackberry Storm - Telus - Page 7 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackberry Storm - Telus

Every review I've read rates the Storm very poorly. Buyer beware. You don't need the newest, flashiest toy if it's a POS.

Ex.
    If you want a BlackBerry – and why wouldn’t you? – make a Bold move and steer away from the Storm.
    http://www.stephenfry.com/blog/2008/...g-up%E2%80%A6/
    Originally posted by maZda3
    so ima stop talkin cuz its not me thats emberasing myself but you...so yea pce

My Ride
    TSX

anybody know if RIM is coming out with another blackberry that is similar to the 'pearl' anytime soon?

My Ride
    Has four wheels

Originally posted by khtm
    Every review I've read rates the Storm very poorly. Buyer beware. You don't need the newest, flashiest toy if it's a POS.

Ex.

http://www.stephenfry.com/blog/2008/...g-up%E2%80%A6/
    I've read a few that say its really good. Verizon's Storms are buggy because they rushed the launch. Telus released it with a newer firmware that apparently makes it smooth as ever. I don't believe any reviews until I try out the thing first hand. With all the success RIM has had, I seriously doubt they would do a rush job and send out a POS as a final product.

My Ride
    is in the works.

Originally posted by Stealth22

I've read a few that say its really good. Verizon's Storms are buggy because they rushed the launch. Telus released it with a newer firmware that apparently makes it smooth as ever. I don't believe any reviews until I try out the thing first hand. With all the success RIM has had, I seriously doubt they would do a rush job and send out a POS as a final product.
    I'm a bit skeptical but I can't wait to try it out this weekend, hopefully everything is working perfectly

My Ride
    W213

Originally posted by Speed_69
    anybody know if RIM is coming out with another blackberry that is similar to the 'pearl' anytime soon?
    your best bet is the new curve really
    or you can get the new 'pearl' flip which has replaced the candybar version

My Ride
    09 WRX Hatchback / 72 240z

Try the phone before buying it seriously. I tried it, way too similar to the Bold, touch isn't that great. Iphone is still better when it comes to touch. There's been quite a few problems with the verizon one so far. Touch screen that breaks that isn't covered by the warranty.

If you want to buy a flashy mouse, then get the storm. Waste of money and is over hyped

My Ride
    2.5L of Fury

Looks like a very limited amount was released today.
    I heard each store only got 7... and are suppose to receive more in a couple days.
    I think I finally found a ride I like

My Ride
    TDi

I heard we won't be getting them till early january :o

High demand. No Stock.
    GO FLAMES GO!

My Ride
    2011 Mustang GT

Yeah, I was very pissed to hear that because I was originally number 8. Then I was bumped up to 13 when TELUS wanted a deposit. Now I am magically number 18 for no reason! At least I got a free Bluetooth for being jerked around (took some convincing for them to do that!).

I played around with the demo a bit. So far, I like it! It is going to definitely take time for me to get used to the new platform. I have become accustomed to having a full keyboard at my fingertips for texting. All of that has changed now.
    Beyond's Most Wanted

My Ride
    RX300

Originally posted by Zenshi
    I heard each store only got 7... and are suppose to receive more in a couple days.

were you able to grab one? cuz your current phone is a piece guy hah
    trying is the first step towards failure

My Ride
    Perpetual Test Drive

Originally posted by Zenshi
    I visited 5 Telus Store's + 2 Bell Stores.

All had no stock. Each had gotten between 4 - 8 units. One of the Telus Stores I visited had a waiting list 40 deep. Some stores said they might get a few more units before Christmas. But others said that they wouldn't have any more until January

Considering the real launch is in January, that makes sense. This is just a soft launch.

I played around with two Telus units, two Bell units.

Build Quality was excellent
    Camera was awesome
    Screen looks amazing
    almost no lag flipping the phone from vertical to horizontal
    brick breaker is wicked on the Storm
    click screen is great as well

Looks like I wont be getting one until January though
    War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

My Ride
    1098S

I picked up a bold a couple weeks ago and it kicks ass. The keyboard buttons are just the right size! Awesome pictures and video, and super slick leather backing!
    Originally posted by S2K2
    Haha I am pushin more hp than your car will ever see I have carbon fiber u don't...
    Originally posted by Sebasshole
    But give her a thumb in the eye just to be safe.

My Ride
    Has four wheels

Picked up a Storm today. I was calling Telus dealerships to get my name put on waitlists, when I decided to try one more. The lady who picked up said "if you come here right now, we've got one left!"

I tried it out before buying it, and after I got home...typing is smooth as silk, I'm quite impressed with it. Menus and accelerometer (sp?) are quick to respond as well!

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

Originally posted by SNAATCH
    I picked up a bold a couple weeks ago and it kicks ass. The keyboard buttons are just the right size! Awesome pictures and video, and super slick leather backing!
    Bold is on it's way for Telus I believe?

My Ride
    2011 Mustang GT

Picked up a Storm today. I was calling Telus dealerships to get my name put on waitlists, when I decided to try one more. The lady who picked up said "if you come here right now, we've got one left!"

I tried it out before buying it, and after I got home...typing is smooth as silk, I'm quite impressed with it. Menus and accelerometer (sp?) are quick to respond as well!

ARG! Bastard! lol
    Beyond's Most Wanted

My Ride
    Has four wheels

Just call around, man. If the waitlist is 40 or less, add yourself to it. One store I called had 85 people on their list. Who knows? You might find a delaer where someone returned their Storm!

Lucky SOB
    Its not only about money. Its about freedom, friends and family too.

My Ride
    '14 Subaru Impreza

Check out the telus store at sunridge. I went yesterday morning and walked right in and picked mine up. They said originally their waiting list was huge, but since they won't have enough product to fulfill the list anyways, they switched at the last minute to first come first serve. I also know the telus store at the airport only had a waiting list of 8 last time I checked...

And so far the storm is awesome!! Not a single bad thing to say about it yet.

My Ride
    Perpetual Test Drive

Originally posted by GreyFox
    Check out the telus store at sunridge. I went yesterday morning and walked right in and picked mine up. They said originally their waiting list was huge, but since they won't have enough product to fulfill the list anyways, they switched at the last minute to first come first serve. I also know the telus store at the airport only had a waiting list of 8 last time I checked...

And so far the storm is awesome!! Not a single bad thing to say about it yet.
    Oh shit. That is like the perfect location to get a Storm. I forgot there was a Telus store there.
    War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

My Ride
    Has four wheels

Originally posted by dino_martini
    Oh shit. That is like the perfect location to get a Storm. I forgot there was a Telus store there.
    There's a Telus store at the airport??

No seriously, for some unknown reason, I didn't know that...go figure

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast