Quantcast
car cover for daily use/winter use - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: car cover for daily use/winter use

Default car cover for daily use/winter use

Anybody use a car cover daily, even in the winter? Usually people store them with car covers, not use them daily, especially in all the snow.

I don't have a garage and the only spot I have is in an alley under a tree. There are restaurants across the alley so birds always hang out on the tree and shit all over the place, everyday.

The other option is to park on the street, but cars aren't allowed from 7am-9am and 4pm-6pm so its a bit of a pain.

My Ride
    MB C63

Sounds like a pain in the ass to put one on and take it off everyday, not to mention if your cars not clean your just rubbing stuff into the paint.

My Ride
    2004 Yamaha R6, 2005 Acura RSX Type-S

if you work between 7 am - 6pm parking on the streets isn't such a bad idea. but, having to take the car cover off everyday does seem to be a nuisance.

you could build a little shelter over your car where you park, but seeing how it is an alley i would think that it would be narrow....

why would you use a cover for a car you drive daily, especially in winter? you're gonna have to wipe the snow off the cover or the car anyway. i'd rather just wipe it off my car...plus, you're gonna keep your wiper in your house, wipe the car, then go back to your house to store the wiper! thats just gay man!!!

Originally posted by yue
    why would you use a cover for a car you drive daily, especially in winter? you're gonna have to wipe the snow off the cover or the car anyway. i'd rather just wipe it off my car...plus, you're gonna keep your wiper in your house, wipe the car, then go back to your house to store the wiper! thats just gay man!!!
    Because otherwise there is 3 pounds of bird shit on my car everyday.

My Ride
    Mazda 6s GT

I'd just go to Canadian tire, grab a cheap, thin car cover and be done with it. Its not really ALL that time consuming to wrap and unwrap your car and stow it in the trunk every day... The alternative is to get birdcrap, leaves, dirt, etc. All over your car.

Mazda 6s GT
    RIP: Nissan Fairlady

My Ride

I did this last winter, had the same problem only my problem were cats, they neighbour cats will lay on top of the hood since is warm and scratch the paint badly, let me tell you it sucks big time, but it does the job if you don't mind spending an extra 10 min taking it off shaking the snow off and putting it in your trunk everyday.

Well, I am a pretty lazy mofo so that extra time really doesn't sound appealing. I'm thought about a fake owl, or putting some poison there or something, but somehow I just don't think either would be effective. I'm actually not really permitted to cut this tree down but I'm considering just hiring someone to come and do it when nobody is looking.

The car cover is going to end up covered in bird crap and you're going to have to clean it every few days. I think it'd be easier to clean the car than the car cover.

In a couple weeks when the birds migrate you'll be fine right?

Default Re: car cover for daily use/winter use

Originally posted by szw
    Anybody use a car covers dailys, even in the winter? Usually people store them with car covers, not use them daily, especially in all the snow.

I don't have a garage and the only spot I have is in an alley under a tree. There are restaurants across the alley so birds always hang out on the tree and shit all over the place, everyday.

The other option is to park on the street, but cars aren't allowed from 7am-9am and 4pm-6pm so its a bit of a pain.
    yup, especially this coming christmas it is always advisable to use those stuffs especially when winter approaches.

any chance that you can cut down the tree when nobody is looking? or just trim some branches off.

Sadly these lazy ass birds don't go anywhere in the winter. I thought about having to touch a poop covered tarp and it grossed me out. (The poop is usually multicoloured....lots of purple and green poop today).

I found some guy to come and cut down a couple branches. I have no visual spatial abilities to estimate girth but the part where I want to cut the branch is about as "thick" as a soccer ball.

I don't think anybody could complain about this, there are no other residential people in the area and it doesn't really affect anyone else.

I know nobody really cares but this is here for closure.

The fuckers:

Goodbye home above my car

Cost only $110 for a guy to cut it down and take it away. Cheaper than a good car cover

Actually I'm kind of pissed off still. I wanted to be able to park where that no parking sign is, but there are still some branches above that spot. The guy said it wouldn't be good to cut those because it was too high and also would reduce the backyard shade in the summer so I said OK. I do at least have a safe spot right behind the garage door which is a bit of an inconvenience but is still acceptable for me.