Quantcast
Careers - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Careers

My Ride
    cd7 coupe

Default Careers

What's the best thing with the most jobs out there to get into??

I'm still thinking of what to go into and where. Any recommendations?

what exactly are you trying to ask in your question? I mean, I can say you can go into retail they always need people in retail, but I don't really consider Retail being the best thing for anyone. Practicality wise, they always need accountants.. ?

My Ride
    cd7 coupe

Originally posted by Shaolin
    what exactly are you trying to ask in your question?
    like a good field that's easy to get into, with good pay.

well I think your interests will have alot to do with your field of work in the future.. there's alot of fields out there that pays reasonably well but does everyone want to do it? probably not.. If you know people then you basically can get into any industry you desire.. but like i said before, they always need accountants, they always need people in trades.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I just found out that a McDonald's manager makes $75k a year + bonus. Time to go to McDonald's University!
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

i know this girl that's been in McDonalds for god knows how long.. apparently getting to Manager is pretty tough because the competition is fierce (all them burger flippers want to be a bigshot) and upper management will try to keep you down there with the rest of the peasants and stuff like that.

Politics.. gota love it.

Originally posted by rage2
    I just found out that a McDonald's manager makes $75k a year + bonus. Time to go to McDonald's University!
    Haha... yes, but this is McDonald's... No matter how I look at it, it's not worth it.

My Ride
    08 VQ35HR

Originally posted by rage2
    Are you sure about that? I read an ad in the newspaper about a yr ago for McD managers starting at $35k... I think $75k is with LOTS of experience!!! I'm thinking it's more like the GM of McD makes that much!

My Ride
    Hemi, ZX6R

Originally posted by Shaolin
    i know this girl that's been in McDonalds for god knows how long.. apparently getting to Manager is pretty tough because the competition is fierce (all them burger flippers want to be a bigshot) and upper management will try to keep you down there with the rest of the peasants and stuff like that.

Politics.. gota love it.
    mY cousins fiance workd at mcdonalds for 2 years, and by 18 she was the manager.

weird, maybe it has something to do with different locations?

Originally posted by Mx6GtTurbo

Medicine, Law, or Engineering Physics.

My Ride
    pedals

Originally posted by ryder_23

mY cousins fiance workd at mcdonalds for 2 years, and by 18 she was the manager.
    probably swing manager though, not store manager.

Originally posted by hjr
    probably swing manager though, not store manager.
    that sounds more reasonable.

be a Dentist. You wont regret it once you're sitting in your 4th BMW and planning out your retirement at 40.

My Ride
    2007 Acura TSX

Originally posted by Mx6GtTurbo

that's easy: P.I.M.P.

My Ride
    All white 2003 Nikes

Don't choose Computer Science... not one of my Graduated Friends from the field have managed to find a 'Good' Job.
    Black men walkin' wit' white girls on they arms
    I be mad at 'em, as if I know they moms
    told t' go beyond tha surface a person's a person
    when we, lessen our women, our condition seem t' worsen
    Common - Real People

George Bush does not care about black people - Kanye West

funny and real

My Ride
    Hemi, ZX6R

Originally posted by BigMass
    be a Dentist. You wont regret it once you're sitting in your 4th BMW and planning out your retirement at 40.
    yet this job, their are quite a few dentist that commit suicide. Its like a depressing job or something, just looking at peoples mouths, my mom read an article on it when i mentioned i wanted to be a dentist, lol, that didnt really stop me about thinkin about it tho

My Ride
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

Originally posted by ryder_23

yet this job, their are quite a few dentist that commit suicide. Its like a depressing job or something, just looking at peoples mouths, my mom read an article on it when i mentioned i wanted to be a dentist, lol, that didnt really stop me about thinkin about it tho
    Yah dentists have one of the highest suicide rates among professionals. My uncle was a dentist but he retired quite a few years ago. Made a nice life for himself...he lives on the beach in West Vancouver overlooking Kit's Beach and the Pacific Ocean! All the toys you can think of as well!

Originally posted by WhiteNikes
    Don't choose Computer Science... not one of my Graduated Friends from the field have managed to find a 'Good' Job.
    I agree with that one completely. A friend of mine is graduating form Comp Sci this year. I asked him what he plans to do after and he told me he's gonna teach salsa dancing after he graduates! Kinda seems like a waste of a good $20K in tuition and four years if he's just gonna go teach salsa dancing! And DAMN....those Comp Sci guys go through hell....barely saw the kid at all last year cause he was doing 3 CPSC classes a semester.

My Ride
    All white 2003 Nikes

Originally posted by Ajay

I agree with that one completely. A friend of mine is graduating form Comp Sci this year. I asked him what he plans to do after and he told me he's gonna teach salsa dancing after he graduates! Kinda seems like a waste of a good $20K in tuition and four years if he's just gonna go teach salsa dancing! And DAMN....those Comp Sci guys go through hell....barely saw the kid at all last year cause he was doing 3 CPSC classes a semester.
    Got a decent job in the field but no degree. Don't even think I should leave cause if I go to school to get a job... but I already have a job should I risk it and go back to school?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast