Quantcast
Home Security systems and Companies ??? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Home Security systems and Companies ???

My Ride
    CRV, GF8, AP2, 18 Softail Slim

Default Home Security systems and Companies ???

just about to start some research. Who is a good company and a good bang for your buck?

Which company is everyone signed up with? Thanks

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

ADT had been really good for me
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

I had mine installed by One Stop Security. The actual alarm company is SecurTek who is owned ny SaskTel. Their rates are pretty good and so far there haven't been any problems.

My Ride
    Edge Sport, F-150 EcoBoost

If you're looking for a system, best bet is to try and find one of the companies going door-to-door for ADT or Honeywell. You get the equipment for free, all you do is pay the monitoring and sign a 3 year contract I think. And because the sales guys are on commission, you can haggle them for some extra sensors for free.

(I used to be one of them)
    freshprince
    -Jan 2006-

My Ride
    bus

im with united alarms, its like 24ish bucks a month on a 3 year contract and the equiptment was free

How much does it cost a month to have a contract with one of these companies on average?

I thought about it but figured they'll only ever be calling you to tell you your house got robbed after the fact so have never bothered.

I'll find out I've been robbed when I get home from work for free.
    Mr. Madison, what you have just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Originally posted by cet
    I had mine installed by One Stop Security. The actual alarm company is SecurTek who is owned ny SaskTel. Their rates are pretty good and so far there haven't been any problems.
    +1

Just had them install a system for my office and we'll be using them in our next house for sure. Have some friends using them as well.

My Ride
    90 DB1, 03 RL1, 07 YK1

Securtek is so-so. They're good at responding to alarms. The only thing is to make sure that they have all your contact information in order. I changed jobs and called to make changes to my contact numbers. I figured that all was good. A few years later when our alarm was accidentally set off due to a defective sensor, they tried calling me at my old work place. Couldn't get hold of me so they sent the cops and I ended up with a $75 false alarm ticket.

Calgary is so much like an iphone: iCalgary - There's a bylaw for that.

Originally posted by frozenrice
    Securtek is so-so. They're good at responding to alarms. The only thing is to make sure that they have all your contact information in order. I changed jobs and called to make changes to my contact numbers. I figured that all was good. A few years later when our alarm was accidentally set off due to a defective sensor, they tried calling me at my old work place. Couldn't get hold of me so they sent the cops and I ended up with a $75 false alarm ticket.
    If u called them to change the contact number, and they told u they did, and then they screwed up on the defective sensor, why do u have to pay $75 for their mistake of not calling ur new place??

My Ride
    90 DB1, 03 RL1, 07 YK1

They claim they had no record of the change.

Calgary is so much like an iphone: iCalgary - There's a bylaw for that.

Originally posted by frozenrice
    They claim they had no record of the change.
    And when u called did you get the persons name, the one that took all your info?, I mean this is stupid u called and told them the new phone and they forget to upgrade the number and then u end up paying a ticket because they made a mistake. I would've phoned them and talk to their manager to straighten that out, but then again some companies will do anything to get people's money

My Ride
    XL7

We had a guy from First Pinnacle Security come to our door earlier this week talking about how a couple of houses on our block got broken into. We checked up on them (BBB) and alot of compalints saying they try and "scare" you. There was nothing really good on the internet about them. The guy showed us on their website that they have had 412 complaints and 412 resolved. Must be nice to please everyone. We have done some research on ADT and i think they look pretty good.