Quantcast
condo developers - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: condo developers

Default condo developers

from this list http://www.buyahomecalgary.com/main/...earch_name.php would you guys say these are the major condo developers here in calgary?
    i know dick all about this stuff.

thanks

i am interested as well.

so far i only know of cove.

That's a good list, but what do you want to know exactly? Which one is reputable? Crappy sales people? Bad building standards?

^ all of the above

My Ride
    X3

I know Resiance Corporation had bailed out of their condo project downtown earlier this year (Gateway Midtown) and pissed off a lot of people who invested/bought a condo from them before the boom (or something along that line). They got their money back but obviously lost out on any possible profit because their building never got built.

This article is the newest one I found on the subject, but it's up to you if you feel comfortable trusting them.

http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/...3-d453e713095e

Vantage Point is by Point of View. Shitty buildings, corners cut everywhere.

Genstar, Hopewell, Qualico and Carma lack in customer service if anything goes wrong.

Medican is probably something that you wouldnt need. Its seniors assisted living

Apex has a very good finished product if you throw the money into the high end finishes

Rockford has a good reputation for service

Sable is very precise on what needs to be done. They are currently building a complex near my cabin in BC. Everything there looks beautiful so far. I haven't seen anything out of place and the gossip around that town is that they are doing a great job.

My Ride
    E36 M3

Apex is a big developer, currently building the Union Square project on the Haultain Park site.

Assured is probably a medium sized developer with some really neat projects in Bridgeland.

Battistella builds a good building, has won a few awards and have been around for a while. Connaught Gardens was an early 90's development with great Bauhaus style architecture. More currently they've built the Orange Lofts in the East Village, Chocolate (188 15 Ave S.W.) and are working on Colours. Generally pretty stylish places.

Bosa is a west coast developer that did a lot of work just over a decade ago in the West End (Riverwest, Marquis, Axxis). The buildings are well built, but as far as I know they do not have any ongoing residential projects in Calgary. Most their work is focused on California.

Carma does a lot of development in Calgary, but I think most their work is suburban and not very involved with the end user. They're more prone to buy large tracts of land and then sell lots to builders/developers, but don't actually build many homes themselves (I think)....

Cove Properties are the people behind Vetro, Sasso and Nuera 1 and 2 at the large Victoria Park Station build site. I believe the are part of/related to Opus. Good buildings, though like a lot of boom construction, a little rough around the edges in some places.

Genesis, Genstar, Hopewell are mostly suburban developers, to my knowledge. Not too familiar with the 'burbs, I'm more an inner-city aficionado.

Resiance was an OK middle of the road developer...though they sold their units, I would hazard a guess they undersold them - which caused cash flow problems which resulted in the mess they're in today (among other mistakes). Build quality wasn't great and it was like pulling teeth to get things fixed.

Statesman is a pretty big operation, currently developing a riverside condo site in Inglewood. Their product seems geared towards a more...mature...crowd.

Pauls Corporation developed the Eau Claire sites (Princeton, Princeton Hall....). Kind of botched the process and undersold the units - as far as I know they've gotten rid of their assets in Calgary and other companies (like Concorde Pacific/Adex) are taking over remaining developments. Build quality was good, but some of the finish felt a little...below par for the type of buildings they were constructing.

Point of View - I don't really have to say much, do a search and you'll learn everything you need to know....

cove...the layout are all the same LOL! but i liek the style it aint bad.

thanks for the replies guys! im just doing a paper on condominium developers and google brought up nothing as to who were the "major" players here in calgary in the condominum developments.

If I was buying a condo I would stick with either a building built by either Torode or Battistella.

My Ride
    E36 M3

Torode and Battistella are good...

Don't forget Homburg-Harris... Castello at 12th Ave and 5th St. S.W. is really nicely done.

LMAO @ the comments about Sable.

And TC 2002, we haven't got our money back yet. I don't know where you get your info.