Quantcast
In search of good metal... - Page 11 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: In search of good metal...

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Anybody into the NWOTM? (New Wave of Thrash Metal)

Some pretty cool shit lol. It's like the early 80's except with modern Production.

Crisix - Ultra thrash

4 ARM

Shrapnel

Just to name a few. This Genre (which is not new anyway) Has some real good shit these days.

Just goes to show Metal doesn't ever die.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride

NEW Crisix

So Good!

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Originally posted by Darkane
    Anybody into the NWOTM? (New Wave of Thrash Metal)

Some pretty cool shit lol. It's like the early 80's except with modern Production.

Crisix - Ultra thrash

4 ARM

Shrapnel

Just to name a few. This Genre (which is not new anyway) Has some real good shit these days.

Just goes to show Metal doesn't ever die.
    Good stuff.

Here is my bands newest track REBORN I guess you could say it falls under the NWOTM category
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkQXD2LftJ0

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

Originally posted by SKR

We got there just as the opening band, Ides of Gemini, was finishing up. I bought a CD after the show. Once I give it a listen I'll post something up here.

So as I said, I went to see Ghost and the opening band was Ides of Gemini. I missed all but the tail end of the last song but I took a chance and bought a CD. I finally had a chance to listen to it the other day. This is the best song, in my opinion.

I think I'm pretty much alone in this thread in that I don't have much of an affinity for power or thrash, and I like to get weird with my metal. And this is definitely out there. But it all sounds so flat and emotionless. This is the first song on the CD and I had high hopes for it, but I kept waiting for something interesting to happen and it didn't. I think the only reason I have any tolerance for this song is because it sounds similar to parts in Marilyn Manson's cover of Sweet Dreams. It only cost me $10 to buy an and hour or so to listen to it so I'm not out much, and I'd rather take a chance than not experience it at all, but this was a miss.

This, on the other hand, is a fucking hit.

My Ride

Originally posted by SKR
    This, on the other hand, is a fucking hit.

I finally bought and got around to listening to this album. Why do bands release singles like this when none of the other songs sound anything like it at all? Every other song, except for one, is just slow plodding nonsense. I should have known it would be stupid when everyone in the band has a normal name, except for the woman singer who apparently goes by "Mlny Parsonz". Yyyyyyyuck.

The whole thing just seems like a vehicle for shitty lyrics. The one other song that's tolerable, in that it's not seven minutes of awful, has an annoying chorus where she just repeats "you're no good" over and over. Unlistenable dreck. They're opening for Baroness. If you're going, show up late.

I wish I was smart enough to find a way to monetize my little reviews. It would be nice to get some of my money back for buying garbage like this.

My Ride

My Ride

Some new stuff I've found recently.

This sub-genre of metal is really picking up lately.

Know as Tower Metal, Thrash-Power or if this was 20 years ago it'd just be known as modern speed Metal lol.

To many Sub-genres:

Anyway - Savage Messiah

This is a good one:

HelStar:

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride

The NWOTHM (New Wave of Traditional heavy Metal) NOT to be confused with the NWOTM (New wave of Thrash Metal) is also picking up steam lately.

These bands are dead-set on bringin the 80's back. It's so good because they don't take themselves seriously. Maiden, Priest, Raven, Venom - they all can pass the torches.

White Wizard:

Cauldron:

Enforcer:

Last edited by Darkane; 03-21-2014 at 12:44 PM.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride

Death-Thrash Metal?

Dew Scented:

Blackened-Thrash Metal?

Not super stoked on the Blackened thrash. it's hard to keep track with all the Thrash sub-genres these days.

These sub genres are typically decided by Harshness of vocals and the lyrics, as well as production.

Blackened thrash will be more Evil while Death may be more political in nature.

Both styles will employ Riffage such as the true thrash bands.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Lariat

Bumping this thread with some crappy news out of the Metal world, 3 Inches of Blood have announced that they are no longer going to be a band. Really shitty to hear as they were easily my favorite metal band and I have not found any newish bands that even come close to their sound. Last show scheduled for November in Vancouver. Wish they would do a final tour, I thought they were announcing a new album when they broke the news.

RIP 3IOB
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

My Ride
    2009 Impreza

Originally posted by asp integra
    Bumping this thread with some crappy news out of the Metal world, 3 Inches of Blood have announced that they are no longer going to be a band. Really shitty to hear as they were easily my favorite metal band and I have not found any newish bands that even come close to their sound. Last show scheduled for November in Vancouver. Wish they would do a final tour, I thought they were announcing a new album when they broke the news.

RIP 3IOB
    Word, they're one of my all time favorite bands as well. I was pretty upset when I read the announcement the other day, was hoping they'd release the new album soon.

I bought tickets for the final show in Vancouver, they're doing a double set, should be pretty sweet!

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

haha you guys might like this... Pirate Metal?

This is what i usually listen to, i'm sure most of you will not like it because it's not the same type of metal haha...

Last edited by JfuckinC; 06-09-2015 at 12:45 PM.

My Ride

To bad for 3IOB.

They were quite a fresh sound when they came out. Partied with Cam Pipes at a Motörhead show in Calgary like 12 years ago lol.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    2009 Impreza

Originally posted by Darkane
    To bad for 3IOB.

They were quite a fresh sound when they came out. Partied with Cam Pipes at a Motörhead show in Calgary like 12 years ago lol.
    I was at that show, it was the first time I saw 3IOB (Apr 17 2005 at the Whiskey - I save my ticket stubs). They blew me away, music kicked ass, frontman wearing an Iron Maiden T-shirt, definitely clicked with me right away.

Also, that Motorhead show was the loudest show I've ever been to. Ears were ringing for days afterwards.

My Ride

Originally posted by powerslave

I was at that show, it was the first time I saw 3IOB (Apr 17 2005 at the Whiskey - I save my ticket stubs). They blew me away, music kicked ass, frontman wearing an Iron Maiden T-shirt, definitely clicked with me right away.

Also, that Motorhead show was the loudest show I've ever been to. Ears were ringing for days afterwards.
    Yep that was the one. Corrosion of conformity was good too.

Great show. Also partied with Phil and mikkey from Motörhead that night. Bar closed at two and reopened at 230 for drinks when they came out. Awesome times.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

I guess you could call it light metal or hard rock or whatever....

Disturbed is back!

Geek

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-24-2020 at 08:04 PM.

My Ride

New Uncle Acid album came out last Friday. This is my favorite from it so far.

2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

Originally posted by 01RedDX
    92 minutes.
    You sure that's not one song?

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast