Quantcast
Virtual DJ - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Virtual DJ

Default Virtual DJ

Just got virtual DJ... Just wondering if anyone else uses it?

I'm pretty new to this stuff, and currently don't have any other equipment except that. Finding it pretty hard to make things sound good and shit.

Just wondering how do you guys pick apart songs, say for instance I just want the bass beat of a song but nothing else? How do you go about that.

Any tips or tricks on other stuff too?

My Ride
    the ladies crazy!

hey sweet..where can i get this to?
    Life is a Gamble.

Originally posted by bubbley
    hey sweet..where can i get this to?
    I just torrented it... I assume the actual software isn't too cheap...

My Ride
    91 CRx si / 91 civic

Virtual DJ is not used for picking apart anything. Its used for mixing songs. Its really really hard to use and you cant really do much with it. My friend has made a couple of hardstyle/jumpstyle mixes but thats about as far as you can go.
    c-e-e-b-z

Originally posted by ceebz
    Virtual DJ is not used for picking apart anything. Its used for mixing songs. Its really really hard to use and you cant really do much with it. My friend has made a couple of hardstyle/jumpstyle mixes but thats about as far as you can go.
    How would I go about picking apart songs? What software can I use?

My Ride
    Axis powers

... Its really really hard to use...
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

lol ya virtual DJ is really just mixing songs as said above, you can make the most epic mix ever (epic cause its all the songs you want lol) . really you learn the basics of what a mixer set etc can do, like manual syncing etc etc

you can make huge continuous tracks, like that of electronica DJs, the ones that go for 1-2 hours of nonstop music.

BUT, it's not hard to use, maybe learning curve for some might be quite steep but just screw around with it, see what different things do, i honestly learnt by playing around and watching those youtube tutorials

My Ride
    Honda

+1 for the youtube tutorials

My Ride
    2015 VW GTI

Originally posted by n1zm0
    you can make huge continuous tracks, like that of electronica DJs, the ones that go for 1-2 hours of nonstop music.
    Its called a DJ set, but its not a single song track, ... its a bunch of individual songs beat/phase matched together to create a "mix".

Spoons if you want to pick tracks apart (which will be ALOT more difficult that using Virtual DJ to mix, or w/e you're trying to do) You will need software such at Ableton Live, Cubase, Logic Express/Pro, Fruity Loops... etc..

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

If you want gear, I'll sell you my decks/mixer and Serato
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Originally posted by DJ Lazy
    Its called a DJ set, but its not a single song track, ... its a bunch of individual songs beat/phase matched together to create a "mix".
    lol ya thats what i was getting at, just trying to put it in Lehmans terms for him

My Ride
    01 Cummins 3500,

i use it, its actually very easy, if you think thats hard try the program traktor. vdj is easy tho, it even matches tempo for you and you can select what part of the song u want to start where and it even matches it up for u if u miss the cue. jus play around you will get i no prob. but ya as dj lazy said, those other programs are what you actually produce music with, there is nothing out there that you can actually pick apart an already made song with, at least not that i know of. i use fruity loops, its simple(still effin complicated, but easyer then reason or logic) and its got a real pro sound to it if you get some good samples and vst's

not true at all. I started using this dj software a month ago when i knew absolutely nothing about djing and made a couple of mix's that my friends loved. Ill share it with you:

http://www.mediafire.com/?m2nnnjzmxnh
    tracklist (if anyone interested):
    alter ego - why not?!
    ac slater - jack got jacked
    deadmau5 - reward is cheese
    count & sinden - hardcore girls (don rimini remix)
    the streets - let's push things forward (hostage remix)
    felix da housecat - jack u (angello & ingrosso remix)
    D.I.M. - airbus
    kill the noise - building blocks
    kill the noise - kill kill kill
    lazaro casanova (felix cartal remix)
    BUGO - la mano mia (cecile and bloody beetroots remix)
    midnight juggernauts - road to recovery (DIM remix)
    federico franchi - C.R.E.A.M.
    lillica libertine - manhunt
    simian mobile disco - i got this down
    Last edited by sea of ash; 11-26-2008 at 02:04 AM.

It's a very good software for beginners who wanna have fun, and I had some fun with it but now I just started getting into ableton...a hell of a lot more confusing but its for more professional DJing as once you wrap your head around it (which im not even close to ) you can do a hell of a lot more stuff with it

My Ride
    '97 BMW 328is M-Sport

I have Virtual DJ, Mixmeister 6 Pro and 7 Fusion, Mixxx (free download), and I think I have Traktor DJ studio on here somewhere too.

I just use Mixmeister for my DJ gigs (weddings, schools, parties). Super easy, makes my life that much better. I don't need to do cutting and mixing.

By far the best tool you can invest in is a USB dual output sound card, like the Numark DJiO. I have one, and it kicks ass. Headphone output, mic line in with gain, and dual channel RCA output for mixing two decks. Runs $120-ish at Long and McQuade.
    Originally posted by FraserB
    I think their main complaint is that they did not receive the stolen property they paid for.