Quantcast
FS: 2 x SCSI Rackmount Disk Array's - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: FS: 2 x SCSI Rackmount Disk Array's

My Ride
    2009 G37xS, 2007 Silverado 2500HD

Default FS: 2 x SCSI Rackmount Disk Array's

Disk Array #1

Open Storage Solutions Disk Array w/ 19" Rack

The System is comprised of 4 disk cabinets, each containing 7 Seagate ST15230N (4.3 GB) HD's (about 112GB Formatted in RAID 0) - The controller is a separate cabinet, Model # CRD-5500 = Spec's Here. It has an LCD and serial connection for monitoring and configuration. Host connection is HVD and internal connections are SE.

Some features:

All disks are in hot swap chassis that have their own, independent power supplies. The rack is approx. 5 feet tall and has a power distribution block built in and 6 - 120MM Fans. Supports RAID 0, 1, 0+1, 4, or 5.
    Entire setup is Beige in color.

Disk Array #2

Fujitsu Dyna-Raid Disk Array

This system is comprised of 6 chassis, each containing 5 Seagate ST15150N (4.3GB) HD's (about 120GB formatted in raid 0) The controller is built into the first disk chassis and uses a RS-232 serial connection for monitoring and configuration (its actually a decent GUI too!) The controller is quite similar in capability to the CRD-5500 listed above - *for more info read the bottom of the page. The unit is no longer in a rack as it was required for another setup - but it still has all the rails and misc. hardware required. Fits into a standard 19" rack.

Some features:

All disks are in locking hot swap chassis, Supports RAID 0, 1, 0+1, or 5. The host connection is HVD and internal connections are SE. The system supports hot spare's and automatic rebuilding - it also has a temp. alarm and disk failure alarm. Chassis' are Beige in color. This system has two disks removed as they were required for another system - but these are very common disks - you can even buy them online still!! And this brings me to the sales pitch.

Either of these systems could be upgraded to hold a half Terabyte or more if they were upgraded to 9.1GB or 18.2 GB disks (which are becoming quite inexpensive) and if memory serves me correctly the systems can support 36.4 GB disks - but you will need to research the required firmware upgrades on your own. If you require a HVD SCSI controller - I can hunt one down for you.
    (BTW: I have two of the same Fujitsu Chassis' running with 18.2 GB disks in another array)

I am entertaining offers at this point for these systems - they have to go and to be honest I don’t expect much for them - so the will be sold to the highest bidder as quickly as possible - If you wish to low-ball that’s totally fine - but please e-mail such offers to me as opposed to posting them. TIA.

*If you are interested in either unit - I will get/give more accurate info on the controller and configuration of these systems and viewings can be arranged. But unless your interested = please don’t ask. I don’t want to waste too much time on these beasts. Please e-mail at [email protected]

My Ride

I would like to see these beasts go ...

Either system can be yours for $100 OBO

Where else are you gonna get disk storage and a heater for you room for only $100???

My Ride

Disk array #1 has been sold.