Quantcast
Sony's arrogance! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Sony's arrogance!

My Ride
    A Honda Product!

Default Sony's arrogance!

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/56834
    Outspoken Sony Computer Entertainment chairman Kazuo Hirai has expressed his thoughts on the console industry, claiming a belief that the PlayStation 3 will eventually outsell the Xbox 360 and that Sony will "continue official leadership in this industry."

Curiously, Hirai told the Official PlayStation Magazine, as relayed by CVG, that "official leadership" was not contingent on a console's install base or which system sells more and when.

He then criticized the Xbox 360 as "something that lacks longevity," explaining that "[Microsoft has] never had a console that's been on the market for more than four or five years and we've committed to a ten year life cycle, so you do the math."

"Unless things go really bad," he added, "there's no way that at the end of a life cycle our competition is going to have a higher install base."

Conveniently, Nintendo and its ever-popular Wii console aren't part of that competition, as Sony doesn't "look at their console as being competitors" because "they're a different world and we operate in our world." Microsoft has previously snubbed the Wii as well, claiming that the Xbox 360 dominated worldwide so long as the Wii wasn't counted.

While Microsoft replaced the original Xbox with the Xbox 360 after four years, Microsoft president Robbie Bach recently told Mercury News that he expects this generation to "be a little longer than previous generations" as "just coming up with something that's faster and prettier isn't going to be sufficient."

Currently, the Xbox 360 has an almost 2:1 lead on the PlayStation 3 in North America, with an 8 million unit lead worldwide. However, the Nintendo Wii has outperformed both systems in all territories, having sold 34.55 million units before the holiday season.

Many analysts expect Sony to cut the price of the PlayStation 3 this April, with Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Patcher informing GameDaily of his belief that the PlayStation 3 would eventually outsell the Xbox 360 if both consoles were priced equally.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

More of the same shit sony been spilling for a while now, hence why I lost all respect for the company. I used to like Sony products, until they all started to be made in China and quality started to SUCK!

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

lol, that almost makes me want to sell my ps3... i never use it anyways, it's just a BD player... i think if MS made a bluray player for the 360, ps3 would lose a TON of sales.
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

My Ride
    Jetta

Sony's arrogance is what cost them their massive lead in the gaming market. PS2 was untouchable, but they completely lost focus and started to take their users for granted, assuming everyone would want a PS3 no matter what price or what was offered on it. It's finally started to come around now, but even then, you can see Sony's higher-ups are being a little irresponsible and living in a fantasy world. As for their "ten year" systems, it's one thing to sell a system for ten years, but that hardly means the system is alive. PS1 came out in 1995 and was sold in stores well into the PS2's lifespan, but it's not like anything was available on the little console at that point.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Originally posted by Rocky
    PS1 came out in 1995 and was sold in stores well into the PS2's lifespan, but it's not like anything was available on the little console at that point.
    Are you sure?

The PS2 is still being sold and newer games are being ported to it. The same happened to the PSone.

Curiously, Hirai told the Official PlayStation Magazine, as relayed by CVG, that "official leadership" was not contingent on a console's install base or which system sells more and when.
    I LOLed. If that isn't leadership in the console market then what is? Doesn't matter if you've got more games, more exclusives, more features or shinier packaging. If nobody buys your shit you're not leading anything.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Sony? Arrogant? Really???

"The next generation starts when we say so" - Sony

While Microsoft replaced the original Xbox with the Xbox 360 after four years, Microsoft president Robbie Bach recently told Mercury News that he expects this generation to "be a little longer than previous generations" as "just coming up with something that's faster and prettier isn't going to be sufficient."
    I guess this generation ends when they say so too haha.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Originally posted by benyl

Are you sure?

The PS2 is still being sold and newer games are being ported to it. The same happened to the PSone.
    PS2 is still being sold but when i worked seasonal at Future Shop from November-January, we didn't sell a single one

My Ride
    Subway / Rav4

Default Re: Sony's arrogance!

Many analysts expect Sony to cut the price of the PlayStation 3 this April...
    Finally! Not that I would have too much time dedicated for it...but still would be nice to have.

"Having a war about religion is like having a fight over who's got the best invisible friend" - Yasser Arafat

My Ride
    CBR600RR

PS3 sucks, it's been proven time and time again.

And this is coming from a Sony fanboy
    In reference to Rob Anders:
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    Hes not really that bad...

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

I dont know about the PS3 sucking.. but this guy is coming off rather stupid.

My Ride
    3.0L Of pure turbocharged testosterone

Screw Sony, their home theater amps SUCK, thats about the only product of theirs i have owned, outputs started malfunctioning after 6 months, had it in for warranty soooo many times. Never again.

I don't see why so many people feel the need to choose sides, both MS and Sony are doing horrible for what they should be achieving.

It's like we're in a world of producing supercars with amazing abilities, but we are still making little honda civics
    if that makes sense...

My Ride
    old Toyotas

Sony basically lost because they gave up all their game exclusives and they failed to make their online play in the same league as XBL.

In terms of reliability and hardware, they definitely did better than Microsoft and Nintendo. Less console failure rates and bigger hard drives that weren't exclusive to the console and expensive and a bluray player. PS3 is definitely a better package than X360 but problem is there isn't much exclusives that would draw someone. PS2 had a huge push with GTA3 and Final Fantasy. Now sequals to both of those aren't going to be on other consoles as well.

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Originally posted by black13
    Sony basically lost because they gave up all their game exclusives and they failed to make their online play in the same league as XBL.
    Sony only lost a couple of exclusives.. big ones yes, but only a couple. If you want to get technical about it I believe the PS3 has or will have more exclusive titles than the 360 does. The problem with the so called 360 exclusives is they usually end up on the PC too.

b_t is offline b_t is a huge nag (2019 friendly)
    My Ride
    FC3S 10AE / Tacoma

Originally posted by ZEDGE

Sony only lost a couple of exclusives.. big ones yes, but only a couple. If you want to get technical about it I believe the PS3 has or will have more exclusive titles than the 360 does. The problem with the so called 360 exclusives is they usually end up on the PC too.
    I really can't think of a big exclusive that the PS3 still has. God of War III maybe, GT5 possibly. There don't have anything that could come anywhere near Halo 3 or Gears of War 2 numbers. Things are a little tough to predict because the big system selling exclusives for the PS3 are taking so long to come out.
    As far as the PC cannibalizing 360 sales, I doubt it. I've bought a most of the PC/360 exclusives for the 360 just because none of my buddies have comps good enough to run those games on their PCs.

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Originally posted by b_t

I really can't think of a big exclusive that the PS3 still has. God of War III maybe, GT5 possibly. There don't have anything that could come anywhere near Halo 3 or Gears of War 2 numbers. Things are a little tough to predict because the big system selling exclusives for the PS3 are taking so long to come out.
    As far as the PC cannibalizing 360 sales, I doubt it. I've bought a most of the PC/360 exclusives for the 360 just because none of my buddies have comps good enough to run those games on their PCs.
    Yea I am not comparing blockbusters, just exclusive games period.

Sony could take any game or games they want and hype the shit out of it but they seem to fail badly in that category.

My Ride
    E550 Coupe (M278)

I suspect Sony lost a shit-ton of potential sales to the X360 simply because of its premium price.

Now that they're dropping the price, are they magically going to recoup all those lost sales? I don't think it's quite that simple.
    -James
    Current beast: E550 Coupe (M278)
    Previous beasts: AM Vantage, E90 335i (modded + JB4 Map2), E39 M5

My Ride
    GMC Sierra

No more Sony products for me!

My Ride
    old Toyotas

Originally posted by ZEDGE

Sony lost almost all it's third party games that were big on the PS2. GTA, Final Fantasy Xiii, Resident Evil, Tekken 6, Virtua Fighter, Devil May Cry, Katamari. The only big third party one left is Metal Gear Solid 4 and there is rumors about that going multiplatform as well.

These game series were a huge deal in PS2's success and I can tell you if Sony at least had GTA4 exclusive for a while, PS3 sales would've been a lot higher right now.

Yea they hyped to shit a few of their games like Lair and Haze and both turned out to be shit with very little sales as well. All Sony has exclusive now is their first party games which some aren't bad but they are far in between.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast