Quantcast
*RUMORED* Full specs for R35 Nissan GTR Spec-V - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: *RUMORED* Full specs for R35 Nissan GTR Spec-V

Default Full specs for R35 Nissan GTR Spec-V

My Ride
    Bicycle

Sounds like an Infiniti sedan based on it is almost a sure thing to unless Nissan want the GT-R as loss leader.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Wonder if these will have launch control.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
    Changes to the car’s mechanicals include the removal of the transmission mode selection button
    I would guess that's a no?

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
    Nissan would be stupid not to have it in the car. Then again, I don't know if they can afford to leave it in. haha, sucks to be them.

Thread needs a title change to include "Rumored".

No official performance figures or time sheets have been released yet

My Ride
    CBR600RR

Double the regular GT-R's MSRP?

Sorry Nissan, ain't gonna fly.
    In reference to Rob Anders:
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    Hes not really that bad...

My Ride
    Hondas

"No official performance figures or time sheets have been released yet and Nissan is unlikely to publish new Nurburgring times for the car."

Read: "We're not making the same mistake twice."

My Ride
    4Runner

The new over boost feature seems like what MCR has in there R34 GTR
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    Always wanted a celica? Or just since you got your first period?

My Ride
    a wrx.

It sounds like Nissan is really fucking the dog on the V Spec...no power increase, no launch control, and double the price...

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Only 5 more HP that's disappointing I was hoping for a lot more then that. And hopefully a beefed up tranny.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

They have to be sandbagging, those figures don't make sense at that price point.

My Ride
    SR20 240sx / 2002 Jeep

Nissan honestly should have just quit at the R34. this whole R35 skyline ordeal is making them look like idioits and ruining there rep. and now to hear about them possibly bringing back the S and making an s16 is just scaring me.

My Ride
    Das Fahrenheit

A 100Hp increease would of been nice. 5? Laughable. Less weight is what the car needed as well but for double the price...
    Originally posted by 89coupe
    I do get great service there, especially when I mention my name, haha.

I think it would be a very fun car for a hard core enthusiast, but I think the price is a little crazy. I find it hard to believe that Nissan can sell the regular GTR at the price they do.. there must be a huge loss on each car.

In any case, even without launch control, a stock GTR can do 0-60 in 4 seconds, which seems fine to me.. I would never have the heart to launch it that hard anyway.

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    It sounds like Nissan is really fucking the dog on the V Spec...no power increase, no launch control, and double the price...

$157,500CDN for stock and $169,785CDN for fully loaded?

FORGET THAT NOISE!

i fail to see how that price tag is fully justifiable.

You can't buy a car for less than $169,785CDN that will outperform it, which is probably a decent place to start in terms of justification.

At that price though, you are getting really close to a Porsche 911 Turbo (starts at 160k CDN, although realistically it is about 180k well equipped), and the interior of the Nissan GTR is quite crappy for that class of a car and looks way too boy racerish for my taste. You are also way ahead (price wise) of the Audi R8 (starting at 141k CDN), and probably not far off off where the Audi R8 RS will hit (at least 160k, maybe as much as 200k).. and I'd take either one of those over a GTR (Spec V or otherwise) in a millisecond.

I'd also much rather have an SL63 (starting at 151k CDN) or even an Aston Martin Vantage (starting at 131k).

Originally posted by yue
    $157,500CDN for stock and $169,785CDN for fully loaded?

FORGET THAT NOISE!

i fail to see how that price tag is fully justifiable.

My Ride
    17' M3

Originally posted by E36M3
    You can't buy a car for less than $169,785CDN that will outperform it, which is probably a decent place to start in terms of justification.

At that price though, you are getting really close to a Porsche 911 Turbo (starts at 160k CDN, although realistically it is about 180k well equipped), and the interior of the Nissan GTR is quite crappy for that class of a car and looks way too boy racerish for my taste. You are also way ahead (price wise) of the Audi R8 (starting at 141k CDN), and probably not far off off where the Audi R8 RS will hit (at least 160k, maybe as much as 200k).. and I'd take either one of those over a GTR (Spec V or otherwise) in a millisecond.

I'd also much rather have an SL63 (starting at 151k CDN) or even an Aston Martin Vantage (starting at 131k).

How about the Viper ACR and the Corvette ZR1? Both being around $100K.

But yeah, I'd never waste my money on a $180K car that lacks that certain... "je ne sais quoi". I'm still part of that group that prefers the seductive vehicles that make excellent posters for kids to hang on their walls. I know it's a weak argument but the GTR is just too sensible. It's for the Playstation age. I'll take 911 turbo, V8 Vantage or used Gallardo/F430 for that price any day.
    Jackolo

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Boy that sure is a letdown. It sure didn't take long for the GTR to lose alot of its luster. It's an incredible performer for its original price but it has major shortcomings such as non-exotic looks, glass transmission, poor overall reliability, and a base price that will escalate every year until it's no longer a performance bargain. A modded EVO X destroyed a mildly modded GTR in the SCC Ultimate Street Car challenge so in my mind if your going to lose to a car based on an econobox platform at least an exotic has it's brand name to fall back on.

I know I'll take heat for this, but the Viper is a disposable piece of garbage and the Corvettes have always been poorly built and flimsy. The Nissan is a well made car with very good build quality and should be pretty reliable. It is at least the equal of the ZR1 and ACR performance wise in every way that I can see, so I don't see them being close.

The internets are abuzz with how bad the transmission on the GTR is, etc. but I'd love to see any DSG or SMG based car with the power that the GTR has that will not grenade after a couple dozen launch control aided launches (except maybe the Veyron, but there isn't enough data out there to know that).. it is just physics.

The Vette and Viper are clumsy, overpowered, under-engineered muscle cars and occupy a different strata than the GTR. They are very fast and good at the numbers, but that is where their capabilities end. The GTR can play that game, but it can also provide a daily driver experience that is as good as any Nissan product and certainly better than any American product in addition to its supercar like performance capability.. that is a big difference.

I prefer the exotics too, but they are expensive.. I would definitely take a 911 Turbo over a Spec V anyday.. it is a far better car, as is the R8.

Just for reference, the ZR1 starts at 125k CDN and the Viper ACR starts at about 110k (including the ACR package)

Originally posted by alpha_gangsta

How about the Viper ACR and the Corvette ZR1? Both being around $100K.

But yeah, I'd never waste my money on a $180K car that lacks that certain... "je ne sais quoi". I'm still part of that group that prefers the seductive vehicles that make excellent posters for kids to hang on their walls. I know it's a weak argument but the GTR is just too sensible. It's for the Playstation age. I'll take 911 turbo, V8 Vantage or used Gallardo/F430 for that price any day.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast