Quantcast
*RUMORED* Full specs for R35 Nissan GTR Spec-V - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: *RUMORED* Full specs for R35 Nissan GTR Spec-V

Oh my the new vettes are junk? Hahaha! Talk about the leaf springs too please! It's not like that old muscle car technology can hold up or keep up.
    Was the #1 Forum Warrior

Its just like a mullet.. it works, but would be embarrassing to some people.. for others, it is a lifestyle.

Different strokes for different folks.

Originally posted by Toms-SC
    Oh my the new vettes are junk? Hahaha! Talk about the leaf springs too please! It's not like that old muscle car technology can hold up or keep up.

My Ride
    383 Camaro LT1

Originally posted by E36M3
    I know I'll take heat for this, but the Viper is a disposable piece of garbage and the Corvettes have always been poorly built and flimsy. The Nissan is a well made car with very good build quality and should be pretty reliable. It is at least the equal of the ZR1 and ACR performance wise in every way that I can see, so I don't see them being close.

The internets are abuzz with how bad the transmission on the GTR is, etc. but I'd love to see any DSG or SMG based car with the power that the GTR has that will not grenade after a couple dozen launch control aided launches (except maybe the Veyron, but there isn't enough data out there to know that).. it is just physics.

The Vette and Viper are clumsy, overpowered, under-engineered muscle cars and occupy a different strata than the GTR. They are very fast and good at the numbers, but that is where their capabilities end. The GTR can play that game, but it can also provide a daily driver experience that is as good as any Nissan product and certainly better than any American product in addition to its supercar like performance capability.. that is a big difference.

I prefer the exotics too, but they are expensive.. I would definitely take a 911 Turbo over a Spec V anyday.. it is a far better car, as is the R8.

Just for reference, the ZR1 starts at 125k CDN and the Viper ACR starts at about 110k (including the ACR package)

I've owned 3 Nissans in the last 3 yrs. I won't EVER own a 4th even if someone GAVE me a GT-R. I would sell it without even driving it. No word of lie. The new Nissans have such incredible problems that even Nissan dealerships can't fix them. I had an Altima and a Pathfinder with mysterious SES emission light issues that were never solved.

My sister's Pathfinder would belch out tons and tons of blue smoke on start up for 4 months straight. Nissan finally said the motor needed to be rebuilt. A week later she is in a light fender bender and just like that the smoke disappears and hasn't re-appeared since. Been 8 months now. She never bothered with the rebuild.

You want to talk about flimsy cars? 2002+ Maxima Altima interiors. The climate control and radio buttons stick or break and the leather boots come apart. I had heating issues with both our Altima and Pathfinder. The 3.5 V6 also puts out a stupid amount or carbon emissions. It tops the list as the highest CO2 emissions.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/nissan-t...ion-study.html

I've also owned NUMEROUS GM vehicles. The Corvette sports the LS family of engines which is one of the most reliable series of engines made today.
    93 Camaro Z28 (The fast one)
    01 Trans Am WS6 (The cute one)
    Esla T6 Dog Sled (Not cute, not fast, scary as hell)

My Ride
    22 ZR2, 06 YZ250, 77 KZ1000 supercharged

Originally posted by Gripenfelter

I've owned 3 Nissans in the last 3 yrs. I won't EVER own a 4th even if someone GAVE me a GT-R. I would sell it without even driving it. No word of lie. The new Nissans have such incredible problems that even Nissan dealerships can't fix them. I had an Altima and a Pathfinder with mysterious SES emission light issues that were never solved.

My sister's Pathfinder would belch out tons and tons of blue smoke on start up for 4 months straight. Nissan finally said the motor needed to be rebuilt. A week later she is in a light fender bender and just like that the smoke disappears and hasn't re-appeared since. Been 8 months now. She never bothered with the rebuild.

You want to talk about flimsy cars? 2002+ Maxima Altima interiors. The climate control and radio buttons stick or break and the leather boots come apart. I had heating issues with both our Altima and Pathfinder. The 3.5 V6 also puts out a stupid amount or carbon emissions. It tops the list as the highest CO2 emissions.

I've also owned NUMEROUS GM vehicles. The Corvette sports the LS family of engines which is one of the most reliable series of engines made today.
    Dont forget the first g35's u could scrape away the trim pieces with your fingernail.

Im with u nissan is shit these days.

I haven't heard all that much negative about Nissans, and I have never owned one, but the GTR seems to be well built.. I actually just happen to have one for a few weeks that I am baby sitting. I probably wouldn't buy one either.. for the money, I'd get a used 996 Turbo over a GTR any day.

Originally posted by Gripenfelter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2