Quantcast
Copy and Paste Letter to the Governer General - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Copy and Paste Letter to the Governer General

My Ride
    Edge Sport, F-150 EcoBoost

Default Copy and Paste Letter to the Governer General

Here is a letter you can copy and paste and send to the GOverner General, voicing your distate for what is happening with the Coalition.

The Governer General's email address is:

[email protected]

Her Excellency the Right Honourable Michaëlle Jean
    Governor General of Canada
    Rideau Hall
    1 Sussex Drive
    Ottawa ON K1A 0A1

Your Excellency,

I am writing to you today to express my outrage with the current state of our Parliamentary House of Commons.

On October the 14 of this year Canadians went to the polls to choose our current government. Canadians chose to send to Parliament Hill a minority government led by Stephen Harper. They rejected the idea of a Stéphane Dion led government, a Jack Layton led government, or a Gilles Duceppe led government. The choice made by myself, along with over 13 million other Canadians is represented in the House’s current make-up.

Some individuals may not like the current makeup of the House and desire something different. With respect to your duties and prerogatives, you cannot allow a coalition government to be formed. It is not Your Excellency’s role to cater to the whims of these individuals. Their voices cannot be allowed to resound greater than the voices of over 13 million Canadians.

To allow a coalition government to be formed is to allow several individuals operating in backrooms to highjack democracy. To allow a coalition government to be formed is insulting to over 13 million Canadians, where if such a government is formed, will have the voices counted for nothing.

Upon reading this letter I urge Your Excellency to send a strong message to the aforementioned individuals. They need to know that they do not decide who governs, Canadians do. These individuals need to know that if the House loses confidence, it is the right of Canadians to decide who governs, not them.

Sincerely,
    freshprince
    -Jan 2006-

I don't think there is much she can do unless it is a good tongue lashing.
    Was the #1 Forum Warrior

My Ride
    Camaro 2SS

Governor.

My Ride

Originally posted by badatusrnames
    Governor.

Good one, I wrote it a little hastily...I need to "Grammar Police" myself, I knew it would happen sooner or later.
    freshprince
    -Jan 2006-

My Ride

Originally posted by Toms-SC
    I don't think there is much she can do unless it is a good tongue lashing.
    uh....she's the Governor General, the entire process is placed before her to decide, these are her options:

1) Grant the Coalition power.

2) Deny the Coalition's request and call an election

3) Allow the Prime Minister to "prorogue" the session and basically overlook the whole deal.

Unfortunately she is a Liberal-appointed GG, and she'll most likely choose 1 or 2. No one realistically thinks she'll choose the 3rd option.

Let's hope she calls an election, at least then we can vote...again...and hope the results are not taken away...again.
    freshprince
    -Jan 2006-

Letter should start with "Ello Gov'na!"

My Ride
    Highlander

Originally posted by freshprince1

Let's hope she calls an election, at least then we can vote...again...and hope the results are not taken away...again.
    And cost Canada another $300 million during a recession only to end up with another minority government after the lowest voter turn out in history. Good one to hope for...

goddamn liberals...

My Ride

Originally posted by Melinda

And cost Canada another $300 million during a recession only to end up with another minority government after the lowest voter turn out in history. Good one to hope for...
    So you would rather choose the Coalition? That's really the only other option, since a Prorogue session is too good to hope for.

I bet they ( the Coalition) would waste an exponentially higher amount on superfluous social programs, wiht more funding going to administartion than to the actual intended beneficiaries. And of teh beneficiaries, 80% of them would be freeloaders, draing the program of funds which would be better allocated somewhere else.
    freshprince
    -Jan 2006-

My Ride
    Mazda 3 GT

Thank you for writing to the Office of the Secretary to the Governor General. We appreciate hearing your views and suggestions. Responses to specific inquiries can be expected within two to three weeks. Please note that many of the e-mails we receive are in the form of comments or opinions and do not receive a reply. Content that is of an offensive or commercial nature will not receive a response.

Due to the large quantity of incoming correspondence, we also cannot reply to e-mails inquiring about the status of a previous request. Thank you for your understanding.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Stop with the antics. Beyonder.

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

Originally posted by avishal26
    goddamn liberals...
    you said it, they get the lowest voter support ever in the last election so when all hope is lost, go and grab on to the coat tails of the other parties and try and "sieze" the government.... bunch of absolute idiots..... BC, Alberta and Saskatchewan.. all the oil, lumber, farming ,fisheries and water etc.... we could be our own power nation!!!!
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

My Ride
    240sx with SR

Originally posted by civic_stylez

you said it, they get the lowest voter support ever in the last election so when all hope is lost, go and grab on to the coat tails of the other parties and try and "sieze" the government.... bunch of absolute idiots..... BC, Alberta and Saskatchewan.. all the oil, lumber, farming ,fisheries and water etc.... we could be our own power nation!!!!
    Genious!

civic_stylez for President. I vote for you to lead us.

If this does happen where Dion is our PM, they will spend our money on pointless social programs and infrastructure to create jobs for those that lost theirs due to the auto sector and forestry unions fuck ups. Not only will we be in a bigger deficit then what we would have had with Harper, but we will see ourselves sink into a deeper recession and frankly, we will be like the US of EH!

The CPC received 5,208,796 votes in October, not 13 million. Close enough that nobody will notice.

Originally posted by Melinda

I would rather spend $300 million on an election versus spending $30 billion on bailing out the automobile, forestry and manufacturing sectors.

Originally posted by atgilchrist
    The CPC received 5,208,796 votes in October, not 13 million. Close enough that nobody will notice.
    reading comprehension > you

My Ride
    Camaro 2SS

Originally posted by freshprince1

Good one, I wrote it a little hastily...I need to "Grammar Police" myself, I knew it would happen sooner or later.
    People will not take you seriously if you have spelling and grammar mistakes. You might think it's minor, but trust me, it's true.

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

sent, also to everyone in my office
    Cos...

Originally posted by sputnik

reading comprehension > you
    I'm guessing the logic above is that all 13 million votes will be meaningless if the coalition gov't comes to be, which I believe to be an inherently flawed argument. And this has been argued greatly in the other forum, so we don't need to reiterate it here.

What I intended was that Canada's FPTP system creates these odd situations where the party that garners the largest share of the vote can be overriden by other parties teaming up. Whether this is good or bad is up to opinion.

My Ride
    04 Skyline 350GT TT

I recognize that many of my friends vote differently than I do and that diversity makes this country the best in the world.

You may not agree with the present government but voting against this coalition is the right thing to do as consent will undermine all that our forefathers have worked hard to build: DEMOCRACY.

Approval of this coalition open's a 'Pandora's Box' and most importantly sends a clear message to our youth that their vote DOES NOT count.

(The best thing about Canada is that a democracy gives you the right to agree, sign & forward this e-mail, or disagree and delete )

Please take a moment to express your thoughts about our current political situation! PLEASE FORWARD to as many CANADIANS as possible.

No - this isn't a chain letter. No, you won't have good luck or win the lottery, but you may just get the opportunity to exercise your right to vote, instead of having your vote erased by those that claim to "know better" than we as the Canadian electorate.

Signing takes only a minute, forwarding just a second - the results can last a lifetime!

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/CANADIAN/petition.html

544 wrhp 555 ft/lbs torque @ 15psi

My Ride
    CBR600RR

@ people thinking copy & paste letters & internet petitions are going to have any effect whatsoever.
    In reference to Rob Anders:
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    Hes not really that bad...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast