Quantcast
Air Canada = worst airline - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Air Canada = worst airline

My Ride
    Axis powers

Default Air Canada = worst airline

I haven't been flying very long, just over a year, but in that year i've taken business trips to different parts of Canada.
    During this time I've always used WestJet and it's been great, well this time around I was booked with Air Canada and well it was absolutely horrible.

I don't know if it's the pilots or the aging fleet of planes, but I have never been so scared during a flight in my short flying life...

I don't know if the pilots decide to hunt down and chose the insane pockets of turbulence to fly through or if the planes are just such pieces of shit the second you hit them all hell breaks loose.

Even the flight attendants were having problems just standing up, or maybe they were just dizzy from the smell of gas and exhaust throughout the plane.

Even the lady sitting next to me was holding onto her arm rests for dear life as the plane was rolling left and right and dropping in altitude what i can imagine as a couple hundred feet at a time.. I can imagine this as my ears kept popping throughout everything

All i know is Air Canada =

I will never ever EVER fly with them again unless there's no other choice in the world
    Sig nuked by mod.

welcome to the club. westjet is the only way to fly.
    1995 Talon Esi - 1989 Lebarron - 1991 Mr2 Turbo - 1991 Accord - 2005 Corolla - 2005 R6 - 1993 Talon Tsi - 2013 Mustang Coupe - 1997 Grand Prix GTP

My Ride
    2016 Focus RS - Stealth Grey

You're blaming turbulence on a company? Seriously?
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Axis powers

sorry but i don't think the entire flight should be turbulence...

my hands were sweatier than a nerd about to see boobs for the first time...

if the flight has turbulence then you adjust the altitude not keep flying in the shit
    Sig nuked by mod.

at least you didn't have your luggage lost and sent to a different city.
    it seems like everytime a family member flies with Air Canada, their luggage is put on the wrong flight....
    I try to avoid Air Canada at all costs
    Originally posted by 5000Audi
    Btw never paid for a massage before.. i own, i mean have a wife

Air Canada is bloody horrible. Worse service ever..

As for the turb , they have enough technology to detect bad weather , its strange they chose to go through it..

WJ is great , im so glad I changed my flight to LA from united to WJ.
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

My Ride
    2016 Focus RS - Stealth Grey

Originally posted by adam c
    sorry but i don't think the entire flight should be turbulence...

my hands were sweatier than a nerd about to see boobs for the first time...

if the flight has turbulence then you adjust the altitude not keep flying in the shit
    True I'm sorry to hear about your rough flight....Buuuut... you might not know exactly why it was like that. I'm sure the Pilot didn't enjoy bouncing around either lol. We do have some crazy weather systems going through these past few days, I can imagine all flights were bumpy. Glad you're ok though.

they are bad with luggage! ive lost my luggage two times in 1 trip. first time was the connecting flight from van to the states, they lost everyones luggage. worse thing about it half my family was on the flight and we had a wedding to attend the next day.

to make things worse on the return flight back they lost my luggage once again. needless to say i will not be flying with them unless i have to.
    Big pimpiiiinnnnnnnnn

My Ride
    Axis powers

I guess I should clarify things, the flight on the way to vancouver was almost as bad as coming home tonight

unbelievable turbulence but at least the pilots at the controls adjusted the altitude

seat belt light was on the entire time both ways
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    93 integra

Flew with both and never ever had a good experience with Air Canada...it's no wonder WestJet is doing better than Air Canada...

My Ride
    CRF 250L

Air Canada is brutal. Flown to Houston many times with them and it has always sucked. Cramped seats, no pillows, pay for drinks on an international flight??? What the hell is that?

F-AC!

Westjet I have only flown on three times. It was really really nice.

As far as turbulence goes, i believe that routes in the skies can be owned by certain airlines. I flew direct to Cancun on SkyService or some crappy charter airline that only does vacation flights for cheap. Anyways, it was turbulence the whole way because the pilot couldnt change his altitude due to restrictions on their route.

I think crappy airlines that are cheap get crappy flying zones on the routes.

AC must be crappy.
    TRUTH: it's the new hate speech.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - Orwell

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Cant really blame turbulence on the airline. I've had the opposite experience.. I find West Jet to be absolute trash. One year I bet you I took almost 50 flights with Air Canada. I know the safety speech by heart lol. I loved how they had the free inflight movies with about 15 movies to choose from. Never once did they loose my luggage, it was also nice to get bumped to business class now and again. Calgary is always the worst to fly in and out of... our chinooks cause havock in the skies for planes.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    Axis powers

when i flew there it was 38000 feet, on the way back it was 31000... i really think they could have done something
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    95 Honda Accord

what i've found is that aircanada (domestic) is horrible and aircanada (international (to europe and asia)) is really good.
    With the first link of chains forged, the first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us irrevocably.

My Ride
    CRF 250L

Originally posted by Subwoofah
    what i've found is that aircanada (domestic) is horrible and aircanada (international (to europe and asia)) is really good.
    WRONG!!!!

Flew AC to London and I still had to pay for drinks.

Paying for drinks on intercontinental flight? WTF is that?

---> AC
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - Orwell

My Ride
    94 Teg

Air canada = 30+ lost bags a month
    West Jet= 3

difference is west jet gets profit sharing. more incentive to keep track of bags by the rAmp agents. Lost bags = money out of west jetters pockets

My Ride
    a wrx.

Westjet - employs young people who work hard at their jobs to earn their keep

Air Canada - employs old bags who do the bare minimum because they know they can't be fired

Fuck those crinkled old bats that Air Canada calls flight attendants.

Ah, bullshit guys. Westjest is just as lame as Air Canada.

I've flown about 70 times in the last 6 months and Air Canada has been quite good. It's security at the airports that needs work...those douches are SLOW.

Westjet prices are pretty much the same as AC, their planes don't even HAVE first class and the flight attendant's "jokes" get old FAST.

My Ride
    Axis powers

do you really consider what air canada deems as first class on flights between calgary and vancouver to be 'first class'?

a section marked off by a blanket and some useless pillows?
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    CRF 250L

Originally posted by adam c
    do you really consider what air canada deems as first class on flights between calgary and vancouver to be 'first class'?

a section marked off by a blanket and some useless pillows?
    You forget that the First Class seats on Air Canada are bigger than the extra small seats in the rest of the airplane. First class people get to sit in Westjet sized seats.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast