Quantcast
San Francisco - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: San Francisco

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Originally posted by 01RedDX

Both places look great, thank you. Anyone know a good spot for sushi?
    Make sure you get the clam chowder from Hog Island Oysters. It was probably the best chowder I've tasted in SF.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by rage2
    Sushi Ran, as I posted above. Although I couldn't get in last few times I was there, ever since Steve Jobs biography naming it his favorite sushi restaurant a couple of years ago.

Sushi Ran is one of my top 3 favorite sushi restaurants I've ever been to in the world. Although I really need to go to Japan and eat some real sushi haha.
    FUCK. This thread makes me miss San Francisco.

Maybe I should visit my cousin...

Originally posted by 01RedDX

Oops, I skipped the first page because I thought it was too old. That looks amazing!

They say Jiro's restaurant alone is worth a trip to Japan: http://www.sushi-jiro.jp/ http://www.magpictures.com/jirodreamsofsushi/
    Sushi Jiro is hype because of that movie. The locals don't even rate it that high:

http://www.luxeat.com/blog/50-tokyo-...g-com-users-2/

Nevertheless, I still tried to go and the waiting list was in months. I called too late.

BRING WARM CLOTHES!!!!!!

Went last summer and packed summer clothes and that place goes through 3 seasons in 1 day. Morning is brisk, afternoon is warm and by late afternoon its pretty cold. We stayed by the wharf too and it was a convenient location, we kept the car in the parkade most of the time and just walked and bussed around. We did the double decker bus tours and it wasnt bad because you got a guided tour of the city with the option to get on and off as you pleased.

SF is very similar to hastings but all over lol You could be in a high end shop 1 minute and the next you're watching a junkie burn his finger with a lit cigarette(true story).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

We stayed at Pier 2620 at Fisherman's Wharf. We didn't bother renting a car, just walked to everywhere. Our third day we rented bikes, rode to Sausalito, had lunch at Sushi Ran and caught the afternoon ferry back. Pretty awesome city and as I said, the Wharf is a pretty good area to stay at, just watch out for poop in the sidewalk Oh, and do the evening Alcatraz tour!

My Ride
    NC1

The Bay Breeze is something I tell ya.
    Top of the sightseeing bus over the bridge. Enjoy.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Subaru WRX

My SF story...I'm on the street waiting for some buddies and a guy comes up to me pleading "My girl is bleeding man!! Can you help?" I think to myself oh shit, better call 911. I ask, "Where is she, what happened?!"

Guy goes "She's on her period maaan I need change for tamponnssss"

fuck

If you bake, you can buy the sourdough starter they use at BoudinSF and bring it home to make your own delish bread.

My Ride
    Lease

Food wise in SF. Went for ramen in Japan town, place called Waraku. They had this dipped noodle basically ramen and soup are segregated. It does give a different taste and noodle texture than served in soup though.

I had the spicy noodle

But ramen makes me hungry quick, so just wanted to see what this Bob's donut is about. Suppose to be this big ass cake size donut.

It was huge, didn't have banana handy for size comparison so bought another donut for comparison.

It was too dense for me, as well, it's not something where they've got all donuts listed on web available. Relectantly took maple sprinkles cuz it was the only one available for big donut. (Would had prefer just regular chocolate dip)

And if u finish within 2 minutes you'll get your $10 ish refunded plus a t-shirt. Under 3 mins just a T-shirt.

Here's reference with iPhone 7.

I'd say most normal person. Can do 1/4 of it within one sitting. Even that I felt bloated for hours.

So then go wash it down with this tea house called Happy Lemon.

With the recent 5-8 years of hyper influx of mainland Asians moving to North America there're tons of these weird places popping up. What a good time to be a food consumer. (Ie compared to the 90's growing up; that and my parents probably didn't take us anywhere wanting me ending up to be 300 lbs or something)

Omg didn't know you can have so many flavours of lemonade. And they do taste different.

Think it's a new thing now in the bubble tea community, adding salted cheese foam on top.

As always when visiting SF, California love.
    Last edited by TomcoPDR; 11-14-2017 at 02:29 AM.

My Ride
    Exploded.

San Fran is epic. Like those in your photos.

My Ride
    Audi

+1 for San Francisco being awesome. Your pics reminded me of the foodie trip I did to SF earlier this year which happened to coincide with the Haight and Ashbury street fair...

My Ride
    Lease

Finished Bobs big donut for breakfast finally

Might as well take boss man Rage2’s advice and head down to Sausalito to try Sushi Ran

First time I’ve seen a gender neutral bathroom here at Sushi Ran, always something new.

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Quote Originally Posted by TomcoPDR View Post
    Might as well take boss man Rage2’s advice and head down to Sausalito to try Sushi Ran
    I went to Sushi Ran in Sept and don't think I'll be going back. Food was good but the service was shit. They forgot part of our order(waited 15-20 minutes before I said something, then it took another 20 minutes for it to come) and other small things like served us lukewarm tea, didn't check in at all, etc. For a place that once had a Michelin star, they are so far away from earning it back. The food was really good though. Amazing fish; their toro, hamachi and flounder, was all really tasty. Rolls were solid but nothing that stood out.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    San Fran is epic. Like those in your photos.
    He always gives the breast reviews.

Go to 4505 Burgers and BBQ for some awesome brisket. It’s walking distance to the painted ladies as a bonus, but the food alone is worth seeking it out.

My Ride
    Lease

Quote Originally Posted by npham View Post
    I went to Sushi Ran in Sept and don't think I'll be going back. Food was good but the service was shit. They forgot part of our order(waited 15-20 minutes before I said something, then it took another 20 minutes for it to come) and other small things like served us lukewarm tea, didn't check in at all, etc. For a place that once had a Michelin star, they are so far away from earning it back. The food was really good though. Amazing fish; their toro, hamachi and flounder, was all really tasty. Rolls were solid but nothing that stood out.
    I couldn't taste the "woooowwwwww" factor neither. It was good don't get me wrong, $120 with drink before tips for 2 for lunch. (Sushi Ran)

Back to my natural self being a basic bitch, nothing fancy. Went to the suburbs in Daly City to a Honger style dessert house.

Why can't we have a place like these back home??

Dessert bowls and these puffy pancake cream puff pillows... hmmmm durian cream puff pancake. This place has those all gender bathrooms too.

Took a nap, then went pizza-ing at Montesacro. Pretty Famoso like atmosphere with a local touch.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    He always gives the breast reviews.
    Always in my mammary bank.

My Ride
    NC1

Gonna go for any Russian food?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3