Quantcast
Parking overnight (Park & Ride) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Parking overnight (Park & Ride)

My Ride
    07’ Mazda 3 Sport

Default Parking overnight (Park & Ride)

Thinking about leaving my car overnight for school purposes. How bad of an idea would this be? Chances that I get a ticket or towed?

usually your okay - as long as your not in the 4 hour zones.

id be more worried about thieves and jazz

I've done it 2x, have not gotten ticketed. You're not supposed to tho.

My guess is they'll never know...I'd imagine the night shift parking patrol are different people than morning people.

My Ride
    STi

I'd be more worried about thieves then parking patrol. Tons of thefts take place at park and rides.

My Ride
    Camaro 2SS

I'm pretty sure the max stay is 24 hours. They're fine with overnighting (if you've have a few drinks after work for example and leave your car at Park and Ride).

Like everyone said, I'd be more worried about thieves. My buddy got his car stolen from Brentwood when he left is there overnight during Stampede.

My Ride
    02 Civic LX

Originally posted by badatusrnames
    I'm pretty sure the max stay is 24 hours. They're fine with overnighting (if you've have a few drinks after work for example and leave your car at Park and Ride).
    I leave my car overnight all the time when I go to the bar and have never had a problem.

If you're worried about theft, just park in a surrounding neighborhood and walk the extra couple blocks.

If its for UofC and you're parked at Brentwood...just drive it on campus (all lots are free after 10 or 11pm)...go to the Den ask for a park & party pass...put it in your car and you'll be good to go...

tho on campus during exams they hardly check...I've known people to stay at school for 2-3 days and leave their car in a parking lot...no tickets...
    Originally posted by xLostx
    I like getting random texts, some guy kept texting me calling me his girl and baby, i told him that i have aids and he should get tested. he no longer texts me
    Originally posted by dimi

I'm a grammar paramedic, unlike those assholes from the grammar police.

My Ride
    Camaro 2SS

Originally posted by krazykhoja
    I've known people to stay at school for 2-3 days and leave their car in a parking lot...no tickets...
    I was prepared to do the same thing over the last few days... where do they sleep? I was thinking about bringing a sleeping bag and shacking up in the engg homeroom...

sleep where you are studying...depending on the rooms the janitors come around and will lock them so nobody eles can get in...so if you fall asleep at least your stuff will be safe...otherwise the other option is to sleep in info coms...b/c ppl are always there you can possibly ask the people behind the desk to look after your stuff or use your backpack as a pillow (not comfortable but at least you'll notice if somebody tries to take it)...

haven't been in an engg room for a couple years but I thought they were cramped...then again if you bring a sleeping bag you could just sleep on the floor and be ok...

if you cant find a room that the janitors locked then I would suggest info coms...probably the safest place to be w/o fear of having stuff jacked
    I like getting random texts, some guy kept texting me calling me his girl and baby, i told him that i have aids and he should get tested. he no longer texts me

Just a reminder, anywhere on campus even if you are illegally parked you will get a warning first before a ticket is issued. So if you are dealing with something important, don't even bother.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Just a reminder, anywhere on campus even if you are illegally parked you will get a warning first before a ticket is issued. So if you are dealing with something important, don't even bother.
    off topic but i heard that your warning disappears 12 months after it's issued.
    ie. i get a warning today. i illegally park 12 months from today and it's a warning again...
    true?

as for parking after 10 at any lot... don't they all say something along the lines "7am-10pm ... rate, no parking outside these hours"??

My Ride
    93' civic, honda for lyfe!!

i thought it was every semester they erase the warning

well anyways i got a warning this semester already
    Originally posted by 89s1
    I leave the safety off the gun stuffed in my belt. I'm not worried about shotting off one of my balls. I got a spare.

Originally posted by jwslam

as for parking after 10 at any lot... don't they all say something along the lines "7am-10pm ... rate, no parking outside these hours"??

I know certain lots are free after 10pm (ie. Lot 1..the one right beside the bus loop)...thought all were free after 10 though I could be mistaken...

I have been parked in Lot 10 after 10pm (up till 2/3am) and no warning/ticket...during finals I think they are more slack...like I had said earlier people have parked for 2 nights and no tickets (then again it was snowing etc so that might have played a factor)....

My Ride
    City Transit

Wierd, if its not frequent you should be alright. My friends used to park their cars at the station when they would go out clubbin and get hammered.