Quantcast
Passing in the left lane - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Passing in the left lane

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Default Passing in the left lane

MSN Article

Just found this article and just wondering what you guys think. I usually only use the left lane to pass someone, but the idea of ticketing someone for clogging the left lane seems excessive.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

TICKET THEM

TICKET THE HELL OUT OF THEM

i wish i had a dollar for every time im stuck behind some stupid corolla/camry with some old lady in it doing 90 in the damn passing lane on deerfoot.

people need to learn the rules of the road.

My Ride
    A250

Please ticket them. Slow drivers in the left lane promote people to pass on the right which is hazardous to those who are trying to merge and such.

My Ride
    S54 M Coupe

Impound their cars!

My Ride
    reebok Jams

^^^^ straight up.

i agree with ticketing them, your just as hazardous as the speeder.

RIDES: 94' EH2: Sold, 98' DC4 sold, 93 S13 sold, 93 S14 the lead sled

1992 Honda EG6 SiR for sale!:ONLY! $4900.00Message me for more info!

My Ride
    Axis powers

them
    Sig nuked by mod.

it takes less effort and agitation for me to just pass on the right than wait for them to get out of my way. But they should just learn to not clog up the left lane. Maybe not a bad idea.

My Ride
    Axis powers

if i remember correctly, there is a impeding traffic ticket but i guess it's never enforced
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by Destinova403
    TICKET THEM

i wish i had a dollar for every time im stuck behind some stupid corolla/camry with some old lady in it doing 90 in the damn passing lane on deerfoot.

Originally posted by AzNxHyDrA
    Please ticket them. Slow drivers in the left lane promote people to pass on the right which is hazardous to those who are trying to merge and such.

Originally posted by 95EagleAWD
    Impound their cars!

Sadly the article written about the US.

But get these left lane highway fuckers off the fucking road

The most annoying, dangerous and disrespectful fucking act you can do on the public taxpayer's highway.

Nothing I hate more than a 3 section semi (3 cargos, 60 feet long) going proper speed limit for safety... then these fuckheads going 112km/h on 110 limit moving to the left lane 5 miles early... and then you get Johnny Rockets coming up to their ass at 160, still 2-3 miles behind semi so these fuckheads usually gets mad for people passing them on the right which isn't the courteous thing to do neither. So by the time you properly come up 100 meters behind the semi, you're waiting for a train full of left lane drivers a line longer than the star trek convention patriots trying to get into the AVN Adult Video Network building... All because these mofos sucked some cack off to pass their driver's.

Seriously, on a 2 way divided highway (2 lanes up, 2 lanes down such as QE2) How fuckin' hard is it to come up and WAIT till you reach 100-200 metres to a slow moving vehicle, signal left, move left, step on gas a little, pass vehicle 300-500m, signal right, move right, let everyone else safely enjoy THEIR highway.

These left lane mofos deserve electrical pulse shoot at their piece of shit rides.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

I think this should be more of a matter of education and awareness rather than enforcement.

Don't get me wrong, I hate it when you've got one car in each lane pacing each other - especially on roads like Glenmore and Deerfoot, but I think imposing fines and higher insurance premiums on an otherwise safe practice (going approx. speed limit), is confusing and counter-productive.

At least for the early stages, city-wide education followed then by enforcement might do better.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Deerfoot should have signs every 400m warning people of left-lane occupation.

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

TICKET THEM

Cos...

My Ride
    FB6

That would be hard to enforce without saying that people are legally able to exceed the speed limit when passing.

If the car in the left lane is travelling the speed limit, you can't ticket them for obeying the speed limit.

They could however make the left lane a strictly passing lane and no vehicles can travel on it for extended periods. Which would pervent the "fast drivers" to stay on the fast lanes as well. Which would cause the fast traffic to weave in and out of the left lane which is annoying.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Originally posted by realazy
    That would be hard to enforce without saying that people are legally able to exceed the speed limit when passing.

If the car in the left lane is travelling the speed limit, you can't ticket them for obeying the speed limit.

They could however make the left lane a strictly passing lane and no vehicles can travel on it for extended periods. Which would pervent the "fast drivers" to stay on the fast lanes as well. Which would cause the fast traffic to weave in and out of the left lane which is annoying.
    It wouldnt be a speed thing, it would be an "extended occupation thing".

As far as getting in and out of the fast lane, have you ever driven in europe?

A lot of people dont shoulder check there BECAUSE THEIR MIRRORS ARE SET PROPERLY. (ie. rear-view mirror = rear view, side-view=side view (minimizing blind spots).

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

hell it doesn't have to be a dollar
    a penny and we'd be rich
    fuck camry's and corollas

Men sometimes take Dozier's sticker (windshield sticker printed backwards that says "slow traffic -->") as an affront and will retaliate by slowing down, he says. There have been some middle fingers, some choice words.
    i'd do it. only if you're in a fucking corolla/camry with that sticker. you chose a granny's car so go and drive like the granny you are. that little "s" or "xrs" on the tail of your fucking corolla stands for "slow" or "xtra retardedly slow"

My Ride
    wrx wagon

Originally posted by revelations
    Deerfoot should have signs every 400m warning people of left-lane occupation.
    YES!!!!

As for the sticker, I don't see it helping, because 90% of these cockwipes don't even realize their car is equipped with mirrors, let alone actually look in them.

I got stuck behind some stupid bitch on Highway 1 thru Banff once, going exactly 90km/hr in the left lane. I flashed her the hi-beams a couple times, then starting honking, then tried simultaneous honking and flashing, nothing. I even had my friend hold the wheel and leaned fully out my window, waving while honking and flashing the hi-beams, didn't even phase the bitch. Finally I got a window to pass her on the right..... Like honestly how can you not notice someone doing all this behind you? Just amazes me sometimes

My Ride
    WRX STI

TICKET THEM

This x 10000000

My Ride
    AWOL

Wow, you dudes need to chill and not stress about shit you can't control, it leads to erectile dysfunction and heart attacks. Life is a lot easier when you don't stress about retard drivers, which really, is most of them. You'll be sitting beside them at the next light anyway...

Originally posted by a social dsease

YES!!!!

As for the sticker, I don't see it helping, because 90% of these cockwipes don't even realize their car is equipped with mirrors, let alone actually look in them.

I got stuck behind some stupid bitch on Highway 1 thru Banff once, going exactly 90km/hr in the left lane. I flashed her the hi-beams a couple times, then starting honking, then tried simultaneous honking and flashing, nothing. I even had my friend hold the wheel and leaned fully out my window, waving while honking and flashing the hi-beams, didn't even phase the bitch. Finally I got a window to pass her on the right..... Like honestly how can you not notice someone doing all this behind you? Just amazes me sometimes

Scott that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard... but I can totally imagine you doing it.

+1 for eliminating those fucking knuckle dragging, mouth breathing Neanderthals that think the left lane is for chilling. The problem is everybody here posesses this ideal that they are the most important thing on the road... and treats others thusly. Once we find a way to limit this false arrogance; then normal driving practises (in other parts of the world) will be widely accepted here.

In an ideal world they would be pulled over and shot in the head before they could even say "good evening officer".

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast