Quantcast
Terrible Experience South Deerfoot Suzuki!!! - Page 11 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Terrible Experience South Deerfoot Suzuki!!!

Originally posted by Sorath

of course the salesmans words are legally binded, cause he represents the dealership. either way if he talks to amvic he`ll get his money back.

and its nothing against norm, because obviously alot of people here are praising him for his good ethics, its the salesperson vs the op.
    "Any verbal agreements prior to the signing of this contract are null and void"
    "Ensure all verbal agreements are in writing"

salesman can tell you ANYTHING he wants, but if it isnt in writing it doesnt mean shit.

amvic wont do shit.

My Ride
    08 X5

Amvic rules are very clear about this. For anyone that has taken a dealers course one of the major things they stress is that in 99.9% of cases a deposit is refundable. The only time a deposit is not refundable is if there is set conditions written on the contract and it is clearly stated that this is a non refundable deposit if all the terms set out for the dealership are met.

In the case of a mix up or mis communication the BUYER is always rite and is entitled by law to his deposit back.

BOTTOM LINE

SDS should give the deposit back regardless cuz clearly there weren't detailed conditions on the contract.

Originally posted by Jynx
    Amvic rules are very clear about this. For anyone that has taken a dealers course one of the major things they stress is that in 99.9% of cases a deposit is refundable. The only time a deposit is not refundable is if there is set conditions written on the contract and it is clearly stated that this is a non refundable deposit if all the terms set out for the dealership are met.

In the case of a mix up or mis communication the BUYER is always rite and is entitled by law to his deposit back.

BOTTOM LINE

SDS should give the deposit back regardless cuz clearly there weren't detailed conditions on the contract.
    From the AMVIC website:

"Q. I just bought a vehicle but have changed my mind. Can I cancel the deal and get my deposit back?

* Under normal circumstances, no. Your car purchase agreement is a legal contract.
    * The only exception is if the agreement was signed with conditions: e.g. the vehicle must pass an inspection first or suitable financing had to be available.
    * Speak to the dealer. They may be willing to work out an arrangement concerning the agreement but will probably keep the deposit.
    "

http://www.amvic.org/consumer_issues.htm

If a sales contract had been written up and signed without "conditions" then there is no argument for a refund.

It is up to the dealer to refund a deposit unless terms and conditions on the invoice stated specific "conditions" being met prior to a sale being completed - ie) Financing, Inspections, etc.

If the dealer had taken the car off the lot and had considered it sold he may have potentially lost a serious buyer.

Under most circumstances the dealer will allow the deposit to be applied to another purchase but a refund is not required - as stated directly by AMVIC above. Generally speaking, we give refunds but if it cost the dealer a sale he might not.
    where does it say that?

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Originally posted by Destinova403

THE SALES-MANS WORDS ARE NOT LEGALLY BINDING

Wrong.

An employee of a company is a ambassador of said company. Any information or policy he shares verbally or written with another party is passable in court though not always provable.

I am not just studying law I have a LLB.

BOTTOM LINE:
    Its not about the money here guys its the way it was handled. Business's are expected to offer a reasonable level of customer relations and service and this was the case here.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Stupid double posts
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    01 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4

I truly hope the OP gets his money back. Purely on priniciple of proper business as well as some of the other things that can come along with a bad name over such a silly situation.

I will first say that, YES Norman is a very upstanding guy and for 16 years old, more than 80% of the punks in this city could take many lessons from him on how to not be a cockwad.

I went in to test drive a G35. Due to the situation of my lease, the numbers just did not work well even though Norman was able to make my request happen provided I agreed with the pricing.

My problem with my little SDS visit had NOTHING to do with Norman as he stepped to the plate with every question/request I had. IMHO it was the super douche salesman (sales manager) wearing a hideous suit and dress shirt, and suckin on his Strawberry Milkshake like a 16 year old girl, (professionalism at it's finest of course) that was treating Norman like a fuckin puppet. Norman went to set up a meeting for me and Don Johnson with a gut, in order to discuss numbers. He took Norman into the office and sent him out to the showroom to discuss the numbers to me. MORE THAN ONCE. I know it sounds perhaps petty, although with the few Brand new vehicles I have purchased/leased from another dealership, the customer experience was excellent. There was a seat in an office for me each time. I didn't have to disuss my financial situation in a showroom with strangers within ear shot.

It is a small negative experience for me, and although my views of Norman will not change, Mr Suitypants lost my business, as well as any chance of myself going back.

Oh well. Brasson Nissan FTMFW Used or new!
    Originally posted by rage2
    I can't believe I'm driving Ferraris in those vids. I'd never be caught dead in one now.

Originally posted by Kavy

Wrong.

An employee of a company is a ambassador of said company. Any information or policy he shares verbally or written with another party is passable in court though not always provable.

I am not just studying law I have a LLB.

BOTTOM LINE:
    Its not about the money here guys its the way it was handled. Business's are expected to offer a reasonable level of customer relations and service and this was the case here.
    unless the dealership states in the contract that both of them signed that any verbal agreements are voided by said contract am i right?

real-estate agents do the same thing.
    Last edited by Destinova403; 12-11-2008 at 02:00 AM.

My Ride
    2022 X2M

unless the dealership states in the contract that both of them signed that any verbal agreements are voided by said contract am i right?
    Yes you are in that case.

If it was worded that way yes, I have yet to see a contract written this way and if I did I would spit on the author I scrolled through the pages and did not see mention of a contract that stated this which is why I took the position I did. If so I would seriously question the responsibility of SDS when creating these contracts.

Edit:
    And yes your correct Real Estate agents do it all the time but for different reasons (variable rates and market changes can effect the original agreement just hours after it was instated)
    Last edited by Kavy; 12-11-2008 at 02:04 AM.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

Originally posted by Kavy

Yes you are in that case.

If it was worded that way yes, I have yet to see a contract written this way and if I did I would spit on the author I scrolled through the pages and did not see mention of a contract that stated this which is why I took the position I did. If so I would seriously question the responsibility of SDS when creating these contracts.

Edit:
    And yes your correct Real Estate agents do it all the time but for different reasons (variable rates and market changes can effect the original agreement just hours after it was instated)
    Sorath also stated that his dealership does as well, Ill ask norman myself, but i presume all of the dealerships put similar fine print on their sales contracts.

your right id have to see it...

i was looking for the statute, thought maybe a law student could pwn a lawyer there

My Ride
    Ram

if uve taken the amvic course theres no such thing as non refundable deposits unless it was printed in hand writing, u can print it on all the bills of sales.

^^ i'm not talking about AMVIC policy, i'm talking about contract law... and AMVIC states on their site (as i quoted above) that most contracts are not refundable unless the terms and conditions were not met, and they were met in this case.

im done with this argument... i think iv exhausted it.

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Sorath also stated that his dealership does as well, Ill ask norman myself, but i presume all of the dealerships put similar fine print on their sales contracts.

your right id have to see it...

i was looking for the statute, thought maybe a law student could pwn a lawyer there
    LOL, i get pwned daily I am not lawyer just certified as one
    I just did it to get chicks.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    Hondas

Norman, if it's policy over at SDS to detail a car every time there is a deposit on it but still no date of delivery you would save alot of money and you wouldn't need to keep this guys deposit IF you just held off till the deal was finalized.

But who am I even kidding, you guys never had the car detailed, and probably didn't have that other interested party either. This is just a day in the life at a typical car dealership.

My Ride
    s13

This is actually quite humorous to me.
    While back OP stood me up and had me hold my car for sale, many verbal agreements that he would show with the money and I honestly turned down another buyer.

So for me all I see is karma
    Originally posted by know1edge
    Trollception. MGCM used CapnCrunch's troll and inverted that troll attempt into another troll attempt getting ya'll to believe that he's serious... However, maybe ya'll are trollceptioning me into believing that you believe him. What you don't know is that I was trollceptioning ya'll into believing that I believed you believed the OP that believed CapnCrunch.

My Ride
    Ram

^^ i'm not talking about AMVIC policy, i'm talking about contract law... and AMVIC states on their site (as i quoted above) that most contracts are not refundable unless the terms and conditions were not met, and they were met in this case.

im done with this argument... i think iv exhausted it.
    ya but if theres no amvic license, boom no dealership.

im on the OP's side on this one.
    if the dealership did infact have to turn down a deal on said car because of the deposit, shouldn't a simple call to the OP suffice to let him know of the situation?

IMO the dealership is in the wrong.

My Ride
    Audi 5000 QT

Originally posted by Preslow
    Adam C ^^^

I was looking for a 30k car in August and was PM'd by Norman on here. Norman replied twice, than when he I asked him some questions, he never replied back. .

Same thing actually happend to me.. he pm'ed me when i was looking for a H2.. asked me a few questions and i told him what i was interested in. never heard back from him.. so i guess he must think i dont have cash for it.. guess you shouldnt judge a book by its cover.. i have well enough money to buy 2 brand new hummers.. but i always seen awsome reviews for Norm so i went to him since he once posted he could get any vehical you want.. so i went for it since he would get me something i want.. but he lost it for me..

Norms father seems like an asshole and should not run a dealership like that..

The OP should get his 500 bucks back.. like posted once.. who gets the kids 500 bucks? salesman's bonus for scaming a young kid..? A detail kid at a dealership gets paid like 14 bucks an hour.. so an hour a car.. 14 bucks plus the 5 bucks in water and cleaners.. well 20 bucks cool big loss...

BUT even tho the company did fill the gas tank, detail the car for the guy.. well dont charge him for it when its already going to be done for the next buyer right?

also holding the car for 2 weeks? he said thats how long it took you guys to get him financeing so theoretically you didnt hold the car for him you held till the financeing went through.. so any lost buyers were not his fault. it was the dealerships fault for taking so long to get the guy approved.. so just return the guys 500 bucks and move on.. dont be stinggey dealership and get a bad rep from many of people here..

sorry grammer police for the spelling.. its 2 AM

www.boostedalberta.com
    =[[Beyonds Dirtiest Daily Driver]]=
    Originally posted by dj_rice
    OOP or whatever that Out of Province Inspection is called

This all seems like a bunch of cock smoke IMO.

"nowhere in writing did it say the deposit was refundable" ok great, nice, neat....sleazy too because where in writing did the deposit say it was NON-refundable?

Contracts are to protect BOTH parties, so why not give the money back, since that's what douchenozzle in the tweed suit said you'd do?

SHADY practice, my friends...shady.

Originally posted by 5000Audi

Same thing actually happend to me.. he pm'ed me when i was looking for a H2.. asked me a few questions and i told him what i was interested in. never heard back from him.. so i guess he must think i dont have cash for it.. guess you shouldnt judge a book by its cover.. i have well enough money to buy 2 brand new hummers.. but i always seen awsome reviews for Norm so i went to him since he once posted he could get any vehical you want.. so i went for it since he would get me something i want.. but he lost it for me..

Norms father seems like an asshole and should not run a dealership like that..

The OP should get his 500 bucks back.. like posted once.. who gets the kids 500 bucks? salesman's bonus for scaming a young kid..? A detail kid at a dealership gets paid like 14 bucks an hour.. so an hour a car.. 14 bucks plus the 5 bucks in water and cleaners.. well 20 bucks cool big loss...

BUT even tho the company did fill the gas tank, detail the car for the guy.. well dont charge him for it when its already going to be done for the next buyer right?

also holding the car for 2 weeks? he said thats how long it took you guys to get him financeing so theoretically you didnt hold the car for him you held till the financeing went through.. so any lost buyers were not his fault. it was the dealerships fault for taking so long to get the guy approved.. so just return the guys 500 bucks and move on.. dont be stinggey dealership and get a bad rep from many of people here..

sorry grammer police for the spelling.. its 2 AM
    hmmm...I was looking for a H2 as well and contacted Nbaker. He found one for me that I might be interested in. When I asked for the VIN and some pics, never heard back from him either.

My Ride
    SI

Originally posted by adam c

it all depends if they detailed it or got someone else to
    case and point
    http://forums.beyond.ca/st/241291/di...ing-detailing/
    320 for a level 3 detail, not that far off from 400 and considering it's beyond, i'm sure renee is giving a discount on and above the already discounted cost
    Suzuki does the detailing

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast