Quantcast
Terrible Experience South Deerfoot Suzuki!!! - Page 12 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Terrible Experience South Deerfoot Suzuki!!!

i would just give the money back, it's just $500 man.
    by all the negativity generated by this thread, if SDS lost one customer that would outweigh the $500 they got to cover costs.

yes, you cannot please everyone but pick your battles. this one doesn't seem worth it....seriously, $500!?

My Ride
    01 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4

Rent a 5 ton and block the entrance to the dealership until they pay you your 500 bucks.

My father did that to an old workplace when I was in Highschool. I worked for a couple days and the people were insane. I decided I no longer wanted to work there due to the situations. They refused to pay me. That lasted a very short time. 5 ton = Cash.
    Originally posted by rage2
    I can't believe I'm driving Ferraris in those vids. I'd never be caught dead in one now.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Originally posted by Destinova403

except not... i study law...

Originally posted by Kavy

I am not just studying law I have a LLB.

Someone got served... If I recall correctly, the law does not protect salesmen from intentionally misleading the client. The client's age and inexperience with car purchases makes me think that the salesman was aware and played that to his advantage. I can't see in-house detailing costing more than $50, and like the pedo said, they only detail when it's ready to be delivered.

It's just my opinion. I'm staying Switzerland here.

Kavy, which branch of law do you practice?
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Originally posted by Kona9

My problem with my little SDS visit had NOTHING to do with Norman as he stepped to the plate with every question/request I had. IMHO it was the super douche salesman (sales manager) wearing a hideous suit and dress shirt, and suckin on his Strawberry Milkshake like a 16 year old girl, (professionalism at it's finest of course) that was treating Norman like a fuckin puppet. Norman went to set up a meeting for me and Don Johnson with a gut, in order to discuss numbers. He took Norman into the office and sent him out to the showroom to discuss the numbers to me. MORE THAN ONCE.

LMAO.... Bang on description of Shawn! not wuite sure how he is a Sales Manager... Had to chase him around for 1.5 months, and ended up going elsewhere.

But seriously.. all this bad attention over $500? Pick your battles SDS...

Originally posted by Kona9
    Rent a 5 ton and block the entrance to the dealership until they pay you your 500 bucks.

My father did that to an old workplace when I was in Highschool. I worked for a couple days and the people were insane. I decided I no longer wanted to work there due to the situations. They refused to pay me. That lasted a very short time. 5 ton = Cash.

theres pics if you want to see what he looks like

http://www.southdeerfootsuzuki.com/staff.html

Originally posted by R-Audi

LMAO.... Bang on description of Shawn! not wuite sure how he is a Sales Manager... Had to chase him around for 1.5 months, and ended up going elsewhere.

But seriously.. all this bad attention over $500? Pick your battles SDS...
    kids get ripped off all the time. the internet might give kids a bit more power. though the dealer knows most kids are naive and dont have many resources other than mom.

My Ride
    the bandwagon!

This thread has gone on WAYYY too long. so Pointless. Im going to Norm first thing when I arrive back from Denmark

My Ride

Conisider that norm's "south deerfood suzuki specials" post is the 4th link that shows up on a google of SDS, this should probably be resolved before "Terrible experience at south deerfoot suzuki" shows up on the first page.

that would kind of be the internet equivalent of a 5 tonne truck in the entrance.

Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use before posting again, or risk getting banned).
    Originally posted by maZda3
    so ima stop talkin cuz its not me thats emberasing myself but you...so yea pce

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

Originally posted by khtm
    OP, why not just make a sign and picket the driveway to the stealership? Something that says "South Deerfoot Suzuki steals money from teenagers".

See how long until they give you your money back. Hopefully they don't try to sue you for libel though

Wow, he even looks like a scumbag.
    That really wasn't neccessary.

Originally posted by Jlude

That really wasn't neccessary.
    +1

Don't judge a book by it's cover.

Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

I don't see a grammar badge so that just begs one question, who the FUCK do you think you are?

Edit - You don't seem to understand question marks. Or was that a statement?
    http://begthequestion.info/ Does a beyond linguist badge exist?
    Last edited by szw; 12-11-2008 at 11:05 AM.

My Ride

^ agreed -- low blow attacking a photo.

My Ride
    SDS Lambo's and nbaker wild

Originally posted by SikAssR1

hmmm...I was looking for a H2 as well and contacted Nbaker. He found one for me that I might be interested in. When I asked for the VIN and some pics, never heard back from him either.
    no kidding, you have to be " ballin' " to get attention from SDS
    oh wait.. i forgot, they sell Suzuki's

Originally posted by Ryuzaki_L

Suzuki does the detailing
    very true, it probably cost them 150 bucks, but i doubt they actually detailed the car

Originally posted by Destinova403
    ^^ i'm not talking about AMVIC policy, i'm talking about contract law... and AMVIC states on their site (as i quoted above) that most contracts are not refundable unless the terms and conditions were not met, and they were met in this case.

im done with this argument... i think iv exhausted it.
    this makes no sense
    a stealership won't be able to run without AMVIC
    in AMVIC courses they teach you that deposits are always to be refunded.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Is South Deerfoot Suzuki within their LEGAL rights to keep the $500? I think so, assuming both sides here are telling the truth.

However, is all this negative review WORTH the $500? I really don't think so.

It's obvious that Norman has business integrity well beyond his years and I can only assume that it is due to his upbringing as he hasn't had enough life / work experience to develop it on his own. So it makes me wonder how a dealership run by his family would allow this type of blatant greasy tactics by one of it's staff. Again, I don't think the salesman did anything illegal, just immoral. If things are really that tough that you resort to tricking kids, you should move on to snatching purses from little old ladies on the street. This type of behavior by the employee is probably why he has not been able to elevate his career above a used car salesman. He has no integrity.

Don't worry though South Deerfoot Suzuki, there are plenty of other places to buy vehicles in this town and when the economy is in the shitter, your reputation and integrity can be the swing point in a customer's mind.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

Originally posted by The_Rural_Juror

Someone got served... If I recall correctly, the law does not protect salesmen from intentionally misleading the client. The client's age and inexperience with car purchases makes me think that the salesman was aware and played that to his advantage. I can't see in-house detailing costing more than $50, and like the pedo said, they only detail when it's ready to be delivered.

It's just my opinion. I'm staying Switzerland here.

Kavy, which branch of law do you practice?
    read the rest of that page and youll find out. also how the salesman could protect himself...

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Originally posted by szw

http://begthequestion.info/ Does a beyond linguist badge exist?
    Good catch sir. Next thing you know I'll start opening letters with "please find enclosed" and saying "irregardless" all the time.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Model S

Originally posted by rage2

I'm only addressing this because it's coming from one of our moderators, and I believe is a pretty bad post in light of both sides of the story being presented.

Assuming Norman is being honest with everything, the condition on the sales contract was subject to financing. The deposit can be refunded if financing falls through. The buyer was approved. Then he changed his mind. End of story.

Norman has done everything he can since he wasn't part of the deal and divulged information about the deal which paints a totally different story. I'd say it's resolved. Buyer changed his mind, and that's not what a deposit to hold a car on a signed sales contract is for.

Now, if he didn't get financing, that's a different scenario. But this isn't the case. You can't run a business and have guys changing their minds after a deal's signed, car's prepped, work's been done, etc.
    Sorry, thats a load of shit dude. You KNOW damn well that every salesman spews whatever he can to take people's money and use the refundable deposit line all the time. Go into any dealership right now and pretend you're interested in a car and ask if you can put a refundable deposit down. They'll be HAPPY to take your money. Have you ever dealt with tirebob? That testimony is worth more than any other post in this thread. There is 0 chance that he made that up, and if it was remotely close to that, then South Deerfoot Suzuki, and David Baker, sound like some giant douchebags.

Another thing, this argument over whether or not a verbal agreement supersedes a contract is ridiculous. If I trick an old woman into giving me power of attorney over her estate via some fine print in a contract, am I just doing business? Everything is all ok then? No, I'm being a douchebag, and deserve to be hit by a truck. Just because someone's words are not legally binding certainly doesn't mean lies and deception are acceptable.

As for the price of prepping, are you guys retarded? They don't give a $300 detail to a car they sell for delivery. If you pay an extra $200 they'll wax it for you and do a shit job haha. They spend like 20 minutes rinsing it off and giving it a good wipe down. They already keep it spotless to show off on the lot. If it gets dirty after, they don't do anything more than you would do spending a few loonies in a car wash. Furthermore, they were paying the detailer to be there all day anyway, so they essentially spent $0 detailing the car.

Above all else, whether you think it's right to back out on a deal with a deposit, you guys are ignoring the part about them trying to hide the history from OP. If they didn't disclose a shady history, and the buyer did research and found out on their own, then the buyer has every right to give them the finger and walk. The fact that they tried lowering the price after the OP found questionable things pretty much proves they know that they were trying to pull one over on him. Then he realized he was getting shit on, and like anyone here would do, walked away from a shady deal. Now they're just butthurt that they didn't get to rip him off, so they took the weak and shortsighted route of holding on to a deposit. The fact is they didn't lose anything on it, this is a routine part of running a business, and it's their own fault for being bullshitters.

Ultimately, regardless of circumstances, keeping a deposit is one of the stupidest business decisions a dealership can do. It's absolutely not worth the $500. That's why any successful dealership run by someone with a clue about economics, even when they get jacked around by a customer that totally doesn't deserve their deposit back, will always give it back.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Man is this thread ever a mess, mods arguing with mods, so much mis-information and assumptions being portrayed as fact. Is there a point to even keeping this open any longer?
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast