Quantcast
Terrible Experience South Deerfoot Suzuki!!! - Page 7 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Terrible Experience South Deerfoot Suzuki!!!

My Ride
    Indian Scout

Wow, that threw me right off as well. Jesus.

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

Originally posted by adam c
    ^^for a second, i thought you were his mom or something
    me too...

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Hmmm.

Bob has a ton of credibility on how to run a business/excellent customer service. As such, I sincerely doubt he's talking out of his ass here so that makes it a bit more interesting.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Indian Scout

Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    Hmmm.

Bob has a ton of credibility on how to run a business/excellent customer service. As such, I sincerely doubt he's talking out of his ass here so that makes it a bit more interesting.
    I agree as he has now referenced the principal specifically and we know the BS is coming from the top and not just a sales rep.

My Ride
    Cayman

This will probably be considered a dumb question by many people, but considering how most people pay deposits with credit cards, could you not explain your situation to the credit card company and have them cancel or refuse payment on that charge?

My Ride
    335i

Originally posted by Proyecto2000
    This will probably be considered a dumb question by many people, but considering how most people pay deposits with credit cards, could you not explain your situation to the credit card company and have them cancel or refuse payment on that charge?
    You certainly can.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    VW R32 Turbo

David Baker would be Norman's father?
    Originally posted by sputnik
    Cell providers are the next Blockbuster video stores.

Originally posted by Proyecto2000
    This is a good suggestion as well. Being that the OP is only 18 I was thinking he probably did cash, debit, check. But if he did pay by credit card it might be a possibility.

Tirebob ftw...
    SDS - questionable?

My Ride
    is unique

-First of all, I have to say that I had nothing to do with this transaction so am looking at the situation from the outside in. I have heard opinions from both sides. I was not the salesman or anything... I didn't even know about the issue until the OP pm'ed me yesterday around noon, and I tried my best to help him.

I realize there are lots of praises for me in this thread, as well as lots of "haters." I am trying to address both.

Originally posted by max_boost
    Time to hear the other side of the story.
    It's coming!!!
    Buckle up

Originally posted by benyl

http://calgary.bbb.org/WWWRoot/SiteP...d-b11326a828ab
    When leaving a deposit with a company, the law does not require the company to refund the deposit if you change your mind.
    This is exactly what happened.. Buyer purely changed his mind..

Originally posted by 7thgenvic
    mehhh. the good I have heard COMPLETELY outweighs the bad. I have heard to many good things to have a bad impression. There are always three sides to the story.
    It sounds like you told them you would take the car. and they wanted to assure that with the deposit and you couldn't afford the car and they lost a sale as they were holding the car for you....Mehh Sounds fair to me. Get it in writing.
    Exactly... Not a single dealership can make 100% of customers happy...We all try.. But not possible.

Originally posted by Sorath
    technically though, if u have no credit and u put a deposit to hold the vehicle and u dont get approved, they cant hold your deposit.
    The op did get approved. Are we in the wrong now?

Originally posted by Xtrema

1st thing came to mind is Norm's sign.
    Live an learn. Get it with writing of smear til you get it back. How long did you hold the car for?
    We held the car for 2 weeks and turned away another buyer who wanted it.

Originally posted by badatusrnames
    Maybe you can meet them in the middle? Get NBaker to find you a nice ride in your price range and apply the deposit to it?
    We offered that to him as soon as he asked for it back and told us he had changed his mind to buy another vehicle. He refused our offer.

Originally posted by Power_Of_Rotary

the cars they bring in are from other provinces (no biggy), but the quality of the cars is the main concern.
    You're correct, we buy 85% of our cars in Vancouver because they come out cleaner, lower kms, and in general better overall condition and quality.

Originally posted by Jeremiah

Also, i've talked to some people who have purchased vehicles from Suzuki and found out that they were auction vehicles or from out east.
    Question: Where do you think 99% of new cars dealers buy 99% of there cars from?
    Answer: Dealer auctions
    And hey, let's say I buy a car in Vancouver (or Calgary, or anywhere)... It could have once been an Eastern car... Does that make me wrong?... We don't go out and purposely buy 85% of our cars in the East like some dealers..

Originally posted by Masked Bandit
    I think the only reason this issue is getting so much attention here is that on Beyond, Norman & SDS has an above average reputation so it's a rarity that we see a negative review / story.
    That is what I (and others) have told me they think.. Example.. Let's say I got 5 threads a month about us being a shitty dealer/shady etc etc.. After the 7th or 8th thread, would anyone care? Nope.. People would just be like.. "Meh whatever.. Common.. Expected"

Originally posted by Envision
    From the AMVIC website:

"Q. I just bought a vehicle but have changed my mind. Can I cancel the deal and get my deposit back?

* Under normal circumstances, no. Your car purchase agreement is a legal contract.
    * The only exception is if the agreement was signed with conditions: e.g. the vehicle must pass an inspection first or suitable financing had to be available.
    * Speak to the dealer. They may be willing to work out an arrangement concerning the agreement but will probably keep the deposit.
    "

http://www.amvic.org/consumer_issues.htm

If a sales contract had been written up and signed without "conditions" then there is no argument for a refund.

It is up to the dealer to refund a deposit unless terms and conditions on the invoice stated specific "conditions" being met prior to a sale being completed - ie) Financing, Inspections, etc.

If the dealer had taken the car off the lot and had considered it sold he may have potentially lost a serious buyer.

Under most circumstances the dealer will allow the deposit to be applied to another purchase but a refund is not required - as stated directly by AMVIC above. Generally speaking, we give refunds but if it cost the dealer a sale he might not.

Originally posted by Moe Man

dealerships like normans dont buy from public auctions, they only get from dealer auctions like Adesa.

carfax wont tell you what exact auction it was from, but it will say purchased from auction, and then you will see a carfax gay looking guy in a bubble telling you that most vehicls are purchased from auctions and it is nothing to be scared of.
    Correct, 90%+ come from Adesa. The other sources include trade ins, and vehicles we purchase from other dealers.
    I laughed at your second comment haha

In conclusion, I have the following to say (again I am on the same page as everyone else. I am Looking in at the situation from an outside point of view as I had no involvment)

Directly off of Amvic's site it says "When leaving a deposit with a company, the law does not require the company to refund the deposit if you change your mind"
    This is exactly what the OP did.. He changed his mind after us holding the car, filling it with gas, and paying labour to detail it. In that period of time, we turned down another buyer for the car. Therefore losing 2 deals on the same car. We gave the op the opportunity to transfer his deposit onto another vehicle we have. He refused.

Now in regards to the refund, no-where is it in writing that the deposit was refundable. The buyer should have had that put on the bill of sale.. This would not be an issue if he did. As for it being verbally agreed to, I can not say either way, as once again, I was not involved. I do know that on the bill of sale, in bold writing, it says, "Insure Verbal Agreements Are In Writing"
    Now again, I will post up from Amvic's site the following:
    "Question: I just bought a vehicle but have changed my mind. Can I cancel the deal and get my deposit back?
    Answer:
    - Under normal circumstances, no. Your car purchase agreement is a legal contract.
    - The only exception is if the agreement was signed with conditions: e.g. the vehicle must pass an inspection first or suitable financing had to be available.
    - Speak to the dealer. They may be willing to work out an arrangement concerning the agreement but will probably keep the deposit."

Well the only condition on the contract was subject to financing. The buyer was approved.. That was the one condition met. We tried to arrange an agreement regarding the deposit (offer it valid on another vehicle)

As pretty well everyone knows, I am a very stand up member on beyond, and will help out anyone who contacts me, and answer all questions. Doesn't matter if you are looking at a $500 beater or a $50k car. I even tried to help out the OP with this issue as he says:
    Originally posted by jdm_jspec
    I should say that Norman had nothing to do with this sale and the brief discussion we had, he was nothing but polite and tried to set me up with the people to talk to... It just didn't get anywhere after that...

A lot of issues in here I cannot answer to simply because I do not know "the other side" and don't want to answer with incorrect info. There are some lessons to come out of this thread for everyone. If anyone has any questions, please post them, or PM me.

Hopefully this makes things clearer for everyone.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Originally posted by Moe Man

BTW: ZORRO what the fuck are you talking about? shut up man

Go fuck yourself. I made a comment based on what some people were mentioning....messages going unanswered. It's my opinion, let's see you try and change it instead of being a cock muncher, perpetuating your stereotype.

Thanks.

Oh and Aznxhydra: It's still a Suzuki dealer, they aren't entitled to be snubbing anyone, is all I am saying.

nbaker: good of you to come here and work things out, even if it wasn't you that the OP was dealing with

So the OP lost his deposit, tried to get it back and was treated poorly. He isn't entitled to his deposit but also didn't deserve to be treated poorly.

Everybody loses?

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Originally posted by tirebob
    Haha! Oops... I wrote a thread on Kenny's account on our open computer... That was actually my response... My bad... Sorry!

*EDIT*

Just so you all know, Kenny works for me (obviously) and he is a good kid. I know there is always 2 sides to every story but I still figured that maybe there was some kind of misunderstanding, but after trying to talk to this David fellow, I have no doubt that the unreasonable party is not Kenny...

+1 for Bob trying to sort things out for his employee. Bob's as calm as they come, and I would not doubt his testimony for one instance.

+1 for Norm's reply. I'm sorry to see Norm being stuck in the middle since he was quite helpful with a friend of mine, but the reality is that the dealership looks really bad withholding such a small amount of money from a teenager.

Is $500 really worth all this bad press? They'll make that back in an hour, but it'll take this kid a lot longer to work it back.

To the OP: Sorry dude. Take it as a life lesson to get everything on paper.
    Last edited by The_Rural_Juror; 12-10-2008 at 09:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

My Ride
    Ram

regardless though norm, OP is saying that the sales person said the deposit is refundable, i know it shouldve been written on the bill of sale. either way if the sales person did say that, u guys should return his deposit. now if the OP was lying about that then its kinda ike ur mouth vs his mouth. if uve taken the amvic course u'd know that a verbal agreement is also valid.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-17-2020 at 05:43 PM.

My Ride
    09 hyundai accent hatch

Even if a salesman says refundable it doesnt mean that it is fully refundable. It could mean partially based on certain things.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    335i

So at the end of the day Norman quotes 50 responses, talks about nothing, and the problem "has been addressed?" Nice.

OP should go straight to amvic and then small claims court. If it was put on credit card, call and dispute the charges. One way or another, you should get your money back.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Originally posted by calgarys_finest
    Even if a salesman says refundable it doesnt mean that it is fully refundable. It could mean partially based on certain things.
    What certain things?
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

My Ride
    Ram

Originally posted by calgarys_finest
    lol wtf do u know..
    what do u mean a deposit is not fully refundable.
    what certain things lol

its all the salesperson. the sales manager and etc are acting by what the salesperson said happened.
    Last edited by Sorath; 12-10-2008 at 09:45 PM.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Now that more has been revealed about this story, in my opinion, it is quite clear what is happening.

The two guys at the dealership are bitter that they could have sold the vehicle twice but had to value the deposit, only for that to backfire. Additionally, the detailing and gas costs the dealership would have swallow should they return the deposit. I think those two costs are minor and should included in the cost of running a dealership and not the responsibility of the customer (should those be additional reasons for deposit refusal).

Although the dealership may not be legally required to return deposits, it would be far better in the long-run to remedy this extremely small issue via refund.

My .02
    Ultracrepidarian

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 17 ... LastLast