Quantcast
Terrible Experience South Deerfoot Suzuki!!! - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Terrible Experience South Deerfoot Suzuki!!!

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Default Re: Re: Terrible Experience South Deerfoot Suzuki!!!

Originally posted by urban.one
    This experience could happen at any used car dealership. Its the nature of the business.

Unfortunately this is true. It doesn't get any shadier than new/used car sales.

My Ride
    Ram

99, what bank finances that.....
    shouldve had it in writting though.
    Talk to norm and see if he can resolve it for you.
    otherwise definately call amvic and see what they can offer you.

technically though, if u have no credit and u put a deposit to hold the vehicle and u dont get approved, they cant hold your deposit.

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

Originally posted by max_boost
    Time to hear the other side of the story.

My Ride
    2002 Lexus GS430

Originally posted by adam c

at 18 were you making enough money to pay a $800 car payment, plus probably ~$400 insurance and still afford the other things in life?
    i know a bunch of 18year olds driving brandnew diesel trucks. its not impossible for an 18yr old to be driving something nice.

maybe 10yrs ago all an 18yr old could afford was a honda civic h/b (you were cool if you had one) nowadays the younger kids are able to afford much nicer cars ie. audi A4 no matter if the parents are buying it for him.
    Oliver

My Ride

C'mon don't rag on the kid's finances, it's irrelevant to the thread and honestly, it's unfair.

We've ALL done the "Jeez, i wonder if i can afford this" payment shuffle, ESPECIALLY when we were younger looking for our first nice car.

Almost every car you see on the road these days was or IS financed, does it matter if the kid's 18? If people "bought what they could afford" most of us would be rolling around with cars worth about the equivalent of 1 paycheque.

I know I've done the "omg i love this car, but i have to run home and phone Dad/Grandma/loving uncle" to see if i can get the Bank of Dad loan when i was young.

ok well if he could afford the S4 then why is he trying to finance it in the first place?
    says he was gonna look at S4 but not to purchase it, this is regarding a audi a4

My Ride
    17 Civic HB Sport

Correct me if im wrong, but didnt the OP post in a previous thread asking Norman about financing and getting denied?

I saw someones sig about an 18 year old getting denied for financing by a 16 year old

could have been someone else
    What kind of birdhouse can you build with popsicles, roofies, and a rubber mallet?
    "It's for a rare African bird called "none your business."
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    If you were straight I'd eat you like a BLT sandwich with extra Bacon. And I fucking LOVE bacon.

My Ride
    honda.

that's weird

they forgot to give me my deposit back, that's about it, and i had forgotten about it as well, when i remembered i called them and went right back and got it

only had a verbal that it was refundable

I also dealt with Rick and Shawn, but if they aren't being helpful then go straight to Norman i guess
    Did that and got no help there either...

Like I said, they are telling me it is because they lost a sale on it and that is why I am not getting it back. I think that if they had a sale pending they could simply have called me and asked me if I want it firm or not.

Just a greasy sales tactic. Let me guess, the other offer fell through?
    Was the #1 Forum Warrior

My Ride
    Ram

naw chances are thats an excuse. either try what i said.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by LadyLuck
    Correct me if im wrong, but didnt the OP post in a previous thread asking Norman about financing and getting denied?

I saw someones sig about an 18 year old getting denied for financing by a 16 year old

could have been someone else
    1st thing came to mind is Norm's sign.

Live an learn. Get it with writing of smear til you get it back. How long did you hold the car for?

My Ride
    17 Civic HB Sport

Originally posted by Xtrema
    1st thing came to mind is Norm's sign.
    OK thats the sig I saw then.
    I couldnt remember lol, Thank you!
    What kind of birdhouse can you build with popsicles, roofies, and a rubber mallet?
    "It's for a rare African bird called "none your business."
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    If you were straight I'd eat you like a BLT sandwich with extra Bacon. And I fucking LOVE bacon.

OK, if they said it was refundable it should be refundable, that's just good business practice. However....

Can you (the OP) or anyone else explain the mindset behind putting down a deposit for a car when you don't know if you want to buy it? Why would anyone do this?

If this was some rare Ferrari or something, OK I guess a deposit might make sense, but for an Audi A4? If you're not sure you want it, say you're not sure if you want it, go home and think about it. Once you decided, come back. If the car sold in the mean time, oh well, the other guy obviously wanted it more than you did, so good for him. OTHER CARS WILL COME UP. THEY MADE LOTS OF AUDI A4S. LET THIS ONE GO.

Maybe this Audi A4 was some rare colour or something, but I read threads all the time on other boards about people putting down deposits on BRAND NEW cars. Why do they do this? Are they afraid that they might be missing out on the LAST DODGE CALIBER IN THE WORLD or something?
    Last edited by tentacles; 12-10-2008 at 03:04 PM.

Let this be a lesson for EVERYONE. When you are dealing with a dealer and they ask for a deposit make sure that you get it in writing that the deposit is refundable. Make sure to get a receipt and write it in on your copy and theirs yourself or they have every legal right to keep the deposit whether the deal goes through or not. Again, make sure it is in WRITING. If they refuse walk away on the spot. It is slimy as hell but perfectly legal for them to keep any deposit. When I bought my new car I wrote it on the offer to purchase, they didn't like it but there was no way I was going to loose my money in case the financing didn't work. I've seen this happen many times, don't let it happen to you.
    '08.5 Mazda 3
    '90 Laser RS-T
    '07 Yamaha R6

I do think they owe you the deposit and an explanation to their douchery.

My Ride
    honda.

Originally posted by tentacles
    OK, if they said it was refundable it should be refundable, that's just good business practice. However....

Can you (the OP) or anyone else explain the mindset behind putting down a deposit for a car when you don't know if you want to buy it? Why would anyone do this?

If this was some rare Ferrari or something, OK I guess a deposit might make sense, but for an Audi A4? If you're not sure you want it, say you're not sure if you want it, go home and think about it. Once you decided, come back. If the car sold in the mean time, oh well, the other guy obviously wanted it more than you did, so good for him. OTHER CARS WILL COME UP. THEY MADE LOTS OF AUDI A4S. LET THIS ONE GO.
    You are completely right... It was stupid to leave the deposit and not get a written receipt stating it was refundable, but this was my first experience and I did what they suggested I do... Lesson learned for sure, but it still doesn't mean I am not pissed. I am 18 and I work hard for what little money I have, and I thought I was playing by the rules and to have my $500.00 dollars taken in this manner by a company that you think would want to be helpful in hopes of getting future business is wrong... It might technically be legal (I am looking into this), but it is still wrong...

Like I said, I do have to chalk it up as a lesson learned for sure, but I am still gonna fight it.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Waiting for Norman's side of the story on this one.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

Originally posted by Masked Bandit
    Waiting for Norman's side of the story on this one.

Why is he the main point of contact? Why not hear from the person that received the cash deposit?

My Ride
    Axis powers

cause the people who received the deposit aren't on beyond?
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    honda.

I should say that Norman had nothing to do with this sale and the brief discussion we had, he was nothing but polite and tried to set me up with the people to talk to... It just didn't get anywhere after that...

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast