Quantcast
Terrible Experience South Deerfoot Suzuki!!! - Page 9 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Terrible Experience South Deerfoot Suzuki!!!

My Ride
    2005 Subaru Legacy GT Limited

I'm neutral on this whole situation, I would agree that the dealership should keep the deposit was something like $2500 that the dealership bought in the car from another location specifically for the buyer, however, honestly, I don't think that such a little amount is worth all the bad press

Just my thoughts though.

Originally posted by adam c
    lets put this into perspective for all of you
    i for one bought my car at SDS, i have mixed reviews but whatever, i have my car and i'm happy

now what if you were selling your car here on beyond or some other place
    some 18yo guy comes up and says he wants it, just depends on whether he gets approved for financing or not. he leaves you with a $500.00 deposit, you say ok sure to do him a favour.

well the guy gets his financing approved but it's taken him at least 2 weeks to decide whether he wants the car or not now.

in that 2 week span, you have babied up the car for him, detailed it to the 'T' (detail jobs usually run 400) made sure everything was perfect cause you want a happy customer

Now in the mean time, you have had other perspective buyers come and offer you cash in hand to buy the car, but you being the nice guy you are, turn them down and say it has already been spoken for...

After 2 weeks of people offering to buy your car with the cash, the 18yo comes back to you and says, "on second thought, i'm not taking the car, thanks for everything though"...

I'm sure you guys would be pissed, you lost potential sales that would have put the actual money into your pocket and the car gone and everyone happy.
    Now you are out the money for the detail, the $500 that you have to pay back because this guy changed his mind and all the prospective buyers who you turned down, no longer want the car

Would you be happy? fuck no, and you're for damn sure going to keep that $500.00, the judge in small claims court would side with the seller 100% in this situation
    this whole post is bullshit.

First off the situation is completely different, and in the hypothetical story you made up, if you detail the car and spend $400 on doing that, who's fucking fault is that? If you're going the extra mile to make the sale, then you better be god damn sure of it, and if you're accepting a deposit and you plan on putting money into the car before you sell it, you would draft something up so that you were both aware that the deposit is non refundable.

What kind of fucking moron turns down cash after waiting for weeks with a measly deposit?

Tell the kid to hit the fucking bricks if hes wasting your time and he can have his deposit.

how the fuck can you compare a private transaction to one with a dealership?

Also how the fuck can you make a comment like
    the judge in small claims court would side with the seller 100% in this situation
    ?

You have no supporting arguments and unless you had documents saying that he would "100%" purchase the vehicle and give you a deposit the judge is going to tell you to fuck off. If this was Judge Joe Brown he would laugh in your face and offer you a job to clean up his car

My Ride
    Axis powers

Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use before posting again, or risk getting banned).
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    2003 Mazdaspeed Protege/ 2007 Mercedes C280 4MATIC

your right to a point Adam c
    IMO..
    If the op simply changed his mind for no reason then yea the dealership should just keep the money but after getting a carfax for the car and it coming up looking shady not being registered in over two years or having rust repaired it is no longer the vehicle that it appeared to be and the buyer is entitled to change his mind and get there deposit refunded especially since dealership like to leave these small details out

At this time of the year, it is hard to swallow losing $500 on anything, if this happened to you, will it be so easy to just walk away and accept it? I'm not taking the OP's side or the dealer's, all this shit could have been avoided with a simple written contract, something for all of us to keep in mind the next time we make a major purchase, good luck to the OP and hopefully things get sorted out.

A deposit is an offer to purchase. The contract he obviously signed stated that the deal was subject to financing. Financing was found so at that point BOTH parties have met the terms of the contract to purchase the vehicle. The fact that the OP doesn't know the ins and outs of purchasing a car or any item like this really doesn't matter. The contract spells out the terms and conditions of the transaction. If people would finally just fucking read what they are signing and ask questions if they don't understand what they are reading a lot of these situations would never happen. Remember, both/all parties must agree to the contract and fulfill the terms of said before the contract is enforceable. In this case the deposit was put down and the contract was signed agreeing to the terms and the dealer found him financing. Case closed! If you find yourself in the position of having to sign something like this and don't like the terms you are free to add your own terms and limitations to the contract. Write it in yourself. If the other party doesn't like it you are both free to walk away. You are under NO obligation to sign a contract that you don't like. Now, that being said, it would be really nice if the OP did get his money back but seeing the time frame (2 weeks +) involved I can't say as I really blame the dealer for not giving the money back. If he had come back the next day this likely wouldn't have happened in the first place. They are in business to sell cars and they can't sell them if they are holding on to them waiting for someone who told them they were going to buy it decides weeks later not to.
    '08.5 Mazda 3
    '90 Laser RS-T
    '07 Yamaha R6

My Ride
    15,000 red line

OP, you learned a lesson, smarten up and know all the processes in and out before you hand someone your money. This 'refundable' 'non-refundable' shit is as old as Nigerian scam, you should've known better! Just think of it as if you paid $500 for important lesson in your life

"I was gonna buy it from SDS but now I won't", you weren't even looking for a car so stop being a 19year old blond drama queen.
    The dealership would do what's best for itself. I highly doubt if they lost any sales; I mean its a simple deposit shit and not like they were trying to sell a POS like GOFC. So for all you drama queens, anyone with pea size logical brain wouldn't put it as a negative since they've got soooo many good reviews.

So all you kids/haters going on and on and on STFU

My Ride
    honda.

Hey guys,

A couple things before i go to bed,
    First of all the dealer took 2 weeks+ to see if i could be approved! i went to other places took less than four days,I kept calling them to get updates and they would seriously just jerk me around,it seemed very shady, i was treated like dirt. I spoke with them and told them earlier that i was still deciding on what to do, and i might change my mind and go another way on the vehicle i was looking into purchasing, the person who i was talking to on the phone said "okay make a decision and let me know" he even said that he spoke to my mother and she sounded like she did not want to take it and it would be okay if we did not. At that point i also asked if i could get my deposit back if i changed my mind and he said "yes i should be able to do that", about 2 days past and when i ask for it back they straight away said "no" and were very rude about it.

Another note, it took me forever just to get into the car and test drive it. I was getting the run around.

NBaker is not to blame at all. He was the ONLY one at that dealership that gave me any respect and was willing to give me a hand.
    So please don't bash on him, its not his fault.

And yes 500$ might not sound much at all, but it is to me and i really could use it, especially at this time of the year.
    Last edited by jdm_jspec; 12-11-2008 at 12:10 AM.

My Ride
    Ram

Originally posted by calgarys_finest

Wtf do you know. He paid the deposit to hold the vehicle till after he was approved he got approved and wants his money back and not take the car. A deposit is not fully refundable if the buyer is in the wrong. They ask for a deposit for this reason, if people didnt waste their time with not buying the vechile after asking to hold it for a certain amount of time they wouldnt need deposits.

edit: the deposit is there for both side not just the buyer.
    are u fucking stupid? the op said that the salesperson said the deposit was fully refundable. regardless of what happened. either way its either the op thats lying or the salesperson is. if u dont know anything about the auto industry just dont talk.

My Ride

i for one bought my car at SDS, i have mixed reviews but whatever, i have my car and i'm happy

some 18yo guy comes up and says he wants it, just depends on whether he gets approved for financing or not. he leaves you with a $500.00 deposit, you say ok sure to do him a favour.

well the guy gets his financing approved but it's taken him at least 2 weeks to decide whether he wants the car or not now.

in that 2 week span, you have babied up the car for him, detailed it to the 'T' (detail jobs usually run 400) made sure everything was perfect cause you want a happy customer

Now in the mean time, you have had other perspective buyers come and offer you cash in hand to buy the car, but you being the nice guy you are, turn them down and say it has already been spoken for...

After 2 weeks of people offering to buy your car with the cash, the 18yo comes back to you and says, "on second thought, i'm not taking the car, thanks for everything though"...

I'm sure you guys would be pissed, you lost potential sales that would have put the actual money into your pocket and the car gone and everyone happy.
    Now you are out the money for the detail, the $500 that you have to pay back because this guy changed his mind and all the prospective buyers who you turned down, no longer want the car

Would you be happy? fuck no, and you're for damn sure going to keep that $500.00, the judge in small claims court would side with the seller 100% in this situation
    i am not arguing with you but i just want to say that a used car detail is not worth any where near $400. I think the detail job/gas wouldnt be too important for the dealer because they usually have to do these anyways. I worked as a detailer at toyota last summer and we always detailed and filled gas in used cars even if it wasnt sold. people like to test drive clean cars anyways. i am not taking sides as i am a yong kid with a lot to learn. i just wanted to comment on the detail part. (took me around 1hr to detail a used car(if they didnt upgrade the detail). Durring that hour, I got paied $12 and used probably $5 of soap and products.

My Ride
    Is uncomfy

I dont get why people are saying their not going to buy a car from a dealership they've never been to. Personally I dont jump to conclusions before i see a (car) or (dealership). I always give it a chance. And Chances are your internet remark would probably be completly different to your reaction if you actually went to the dealership. One stupid mishap isnt going to destroy a dealerships reputation, Norman has nothing to do with this but i see he's definetly trying to help out the situation, thus proving theres definetly decent people at Deerfoot Suzuki that are willing to help.
    Last edited by DomesticBoy; 12-11-2008 at 12:17 AM.

My Ride
    is Invisible

Originally posted by jdm_jspec
    Hey guys,

A couple things before i go to bed,
    First of all the dealer took 2 weeks+ to see if i could be approved! i went to other places took less than four days,I kept calling them to get updates and they would seriously just jerk me around, i was treated like dirt. I spoke with them and told them earlier that i was still deciding on what to do, and i might change my mind and go another way, the person who i was talking to on the phone said "okay make a decision and let me know". At that point i also asked if i could get my deposit back if i changed my mind and he said "yes i should be able to do that", about 2 days past and when i ask for it back they straight away said no.

NBaker is not to blame at all. He was the ONLY one at that dealership that gave me any respect and was willing to give me a hand.
    So please don't bash on him, its not his fault.

And yes 500$ might not sound much at all, but it is to me and i really could use it, especially at this time of the year.
    The only one that gives a shit is because hes on the forums and if this doesnt end good he knows alot of ppl from here wont go over there to buy a car! If the sales ppl from SDS were on here they would be willing to return the money right away knowing the situation that they are being put in!

My Ride
    Ram

fyi, they only detail if the delivery is scheduled, otherwise it sits outside. if they said there was another guy interested in the car then the other person shouldve written a backup deal on the car.

My Ride
    Axis powers

Originally posted by Projek01

i am not arguing with you but i just want to say that a used car detail is not worth any where near $400. I think the detail job/gas wouldnt be too important for the dealer because they usually have to do these anyways. I worked as a detailer at toyota last summer and we always detailed and filled gas in used cars even if it wasnt sold. people like to test drive clean cars anyways. i am not taking sides as i am a yong kid with a lot to learn. i just wanted to comment on the detail part. (took me around 1hr to detail a used car(if they didnt upgrade the detail). Durring that hour, I got paied $12 and used probably $5 of soap and products.
    it all depends if they detailed it or got someone else to
    case and point
    http://forums.beyond.ca/st/241291/di...ing-detailing/
    320 for a level 3 detail, not that far off from 400 and considering it's beyond, i'm sure renee is giving a discount on and above the already discounted cost
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    City Transit

Originally posted by JAYMEZ

And people saying oh im not going to buy a car from this dealership , I bet they would have never anyways!! Some people blow so much hot air its hilarious.
    I do agree with you on this one. If I was norman I wouldn't be too concerned. If you look hard enough you could probably dig up dirt on EVERY dealership. Actually I'd be willing to put money on it.

It seems like some old greasy salesman took advantage of a young 18 y/o. When said greasy salesman uses the term "refundable deposit", dude thinks he is safe. Then during the deposit write-up, he conveniently forgets to include that part.

Bottom line is that particular salesman is scum for taking advantage of a young dude.

I would heavily suggest refunding this guy's deposit. I had a similar situation at Sunridge Mazda where I put a deposit down, but wasn't approved for financing. They tried to give me the run around when I asked them about getting it back, and it took a week to finally get it back. Needless to say, nobody I know personally will purchase a car from them. Essentially stealing $500 bucks from someone is not worth it in the end.

My Ride
    2011 Mustang GT

I have never placed a deposit on a car in my life. I like to shop around until I find something that jumps out at me. When I find something I like, I know 100% that I am going to purchase.

I have dealt with Norman before and have nothing but respect for him and the dealership. All the salesman I have met show as much respect to me as I do them. I will still always promote SDS because I have had good experiences and heard nothing but good things (until recently).

To the OP, try to mend things very calmly and see if you can come to a conclusion with the dealership. If you were approved for that car and don’t want it anymore, they just might have something you will enjoy.
    Beyond's Most Wanted

Originally posted by sabad66
    I had a similar situation at Sunridge Mazda where I put a deposit down, but wasn't approved for financing. They tried to give me the run around when I asked them about getting it back, and it took a week to finally get it back. Needless to say, nobody I know personally will purchase a car from them. Essentially stealing $500 bucks from someone is not worth it in the end.
    COMPLETELY different situation.

a condition on your sale was probably financing... the OP got approved for financing and was told he could buy the car. both sides had fulfilled their conditions on the contract. the OP Breached the contract and as per the contract shouldn't receive his deposit back

in a contract, both sides write in their conditions, that each other must meet for the contract to be valid... the Dealership was to provide the car and financing, and the OP was to provide a deposit, and purchase the vehicle pending the financing.

the Dealership provided the car and the financing as per the contract, the OP backed out and said he changed his mind.

he should have done his carfax/carproof before he agreed to buy the car and signed a purchase contract.

when you leave a deposit on a car you are agreeing to buy it!

this seems to be the point that most people are missing...

OP should have done his diligence BEFORE he put money on it and agreed to take the car.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

At this point, regardless of whether or not the dealership returns the deposit, it looks really bad. The fact that Mr. Baker hung up on tirebob is kind of pathetic actually, and even though the buyer may technically be in the "wrong" this just does not have good business written on or anywhere near it.

This is really a matter of perspective, and Suzuki is making themselves look really bad right now. Sure, maybe none of us would buy a car directly, but I know that many people are going to be hesitant about referring people to Norman Baker, despite the fact that he isn't technically involved in this, due to the events detailed in this thread.

After all, would you want a friend or family member to deal with Suzuki on your recommendation only to have something similar happen?

I'm interested in seeing what the outcome of this is. If Suzuki refunds the deposit, which I believe would be the smartest move right now, I personally won't have any negative feelings about that dealership.

Originally posted by A790
    At this point, regardless of whether or not the dealership returns the deposit, it looks really bad. The fact that Mr. Baker hung up on tirebob is kind of pathetic actually, and even though the buyer may technically be in the "wrong" this just does not have good business written on or anywhere near it.

This is really a matter of perspective, and Suzuki is making themselves look really bad right now. Sure, maybe none of us would buy a car directly, but I know that many people are going to be hesitant about referring people to Norman Baker, despite the fact that he isn't technically involved in this, due to the events detailed in this thread.

After all, would you want a friend or family member to deal with Suzuki on your recommendation only to have something similar happen?

I'm interested in seeing what the outcome of this is. If Suzuki refunds the deposit, which I believe would be the smartest move right now, I personally won't have any negative feelings about that dealership.
    i hear you... but the question i have is what is there to protect dealerships then?

dealerships take deposits to protect themselves from people like the OP who sign a contract, agree to something, and when they change their mind... bitch and moan to get their money back.

how are dealerships supposed to protect themselves if they cant hold deposits? are they supposed to just hold cars for free? and incur the costs of prepping it for delivery without a guarantee in the sale? a deposit ensures that the customer is serious and is actually going to take the car...

and as i said earlier...

this sale wasn't in the early stage of shopping around... the OP signed a contract to buy the car the car was already sold... he bought it, the contract was complete and the only thing left was delivery.

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 19 ... LastLast