Quantcast
Terrible Experience South Deerfoot Suzuki!!! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 27 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Terrible Experience South Deerfoot Suzuki!!!

My Ride
    honda.

Default Terrible Experience South Deerfoot Suzuki!!!

Okay, I feel bad bringing this issue live onto the forums as one of our supporters works there and is a decent guy and this is not directed at him, but I don't know what else to do...

Background...

I went to South Deerfoot Suzuki to look at an S4 but I was told that I could not get approved for financing because I am too young (18 yrs), but they did have an 01 A4 that that they could get me into. I told them I needed to figure some things out and that I might be interested. They said that if I leave them a $500.00 deposit, they could hold the car and that if I didn't take it, the deposit would be totally refundable.

Well after running a car fax, there was no info at all of this car ever being registered and no background info. There was also repaired rust damage that I was not aware of at the time I first looked at the car. I asked the dealership to provide the details of the cars history and they were unable. After that they even tried dropping the price as they really wanted this car sold.

Overall it left me with a very bad feeling about this car so I decided not to take it... Now comes the issues! They are refusing to give me my deposit back saying that they had another interested party during the time we were going back and forth and because they lost that sale so they no more will be returning the $500.00. I don't buy this as they have my cell number and could easily have contacted me and informed me of this giving them the chance to sell the car no problem.

I tried having my mom talk to them and they wouldn't have any part of talking about it and were totally rude and actually hung up on her! I even went as far as calling the dealer principle with my uncle only to be hung up on again! After calling him back, all he is offering is to move my deposit to a different unit, but I am totally uncomfortable with buying a car from these people now and I just want my $500.00 back, and they won't budge!

I guess now I am stuck going to the better business bureau and letting my terrible experience be known to anyone who will listen...

So in the end, BEWARE of South Deerfoot Suzuki!!!
    Last edited by jdm_jspec; 12-10-2008 at 04:32 PM.

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Talk to Norman and see if he can help out.

I have been going back and forth with him for 6 months now and he seems like a level guy trying to help people out.
    Cos...

WOW!!

Default Re: Terrible Experience South Deerfoot Suzuki!!!

Originally posted by jdm_jspec
    I tried having my mom talk to them and they wouldn't have any part of talking about it and were totally rude and actually hung up on her!
    bahahaha

..And 18... wow..

My Ride
    Axis powers

who did you deal with? everyone i dealt with there was great
    Sig nuked by mod.

Did you get a receipt for the deposit stating that it was a refundable deposit?
    Originally posted by 89coupe

LOL, $95 for two sounds pretty damn cheap to me. Is this not including any drinks or something?

Are you guys all students on a budget or something?

My lunch tab is that much for two people.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Default Re: Re: Terrible Experience South Deerfoot Suzuki!!!

Originally posted by Supa Dexta

bahahaha

..And 18... wow..
    18, ya? whats wrong with him asking his mom, someone who is older and might know a way to figure this situation out, for some help?

My Ride

I'm kind of surprised by this. I would not have expected it from this dealership, especially with some of the experience posted previously and my conversations with them. Being a sponsor here they should know that they need to be beyond reproach (har har har) when dealing with site members.
    Last edited by Crymson; 12-10-2008 at 02:17 PM.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

When leaving a deposit with a company, the law does not require the company to refund the deposit if you change your mind. If the company promises that the deposit is fully refundable, get that promise in writing.
    http://calgary.bbb.org/WWWRoot/SiteP...d-b11326a828ab

My Ride
    honda.

Default Re: Re: Re: Terrible Experience South Deerfoot Suzuki!!!

Originally posted by JfuckinC

18, ya? whats wrong with him asking his mom, someone who is older and might know a way to figure this situation out, for some help?
    Yes, that is why. I have never financed anything and she was helping me...

It was Shawn and Rick I was initially dealing with...

Originally posted by Stunt66
    Did you get a receipt for the deposit stating that it was a refundable deposit?
    Originally posted by 89coupe

LOL, $95 for two sounds pretty damn cheap to me. Is this not including any drinks or something?

Are you guys all students on a budget or something?

My lunch tab is that much for two people.

I had the same problem at Universal Ford, after talking with the manager I got my refund back.

My Ride
    Axis powers

that's weird

they forgot to give me my deposit back, that's about it, and i had forgotten about it as well, when i remembered i called them and went right back and got it

only had a verbal that it was refundable

I also dealt with Rick and Shawn, but if they aren't being helpful then go straight to Norman i guess
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    NC1

Time to hear the other side of the story.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

I remember back in the summer I wanted to buy an S4 from there. I can only assume its the same one, advertised for around 16. When speaking with the sales manager he made it quite clear that he was willing to sell the car to me wholesale as it had been there a while. After quite a few emails and phone calls it became apparent that his idea of wholesale was the same as the advertised price and wouldn't budge a dollar. Weird eh.
    Originally posted by TomcoPDR

Wait. Tom, THE Tom?
    Originally posted by Rusted Bumper
    As far as I can tell, tom_9109 has the most detailed and correct answer

Default Re: Terrible Experience South Deerfoot Suzuki!!!

This experience could happen at any used car dealership. Its the nature of the business.

Originally posted by jdm_jspec
    Okay, I feel bad bringing this issue live onto the forums as one of our supporters works there and is a decent guy and this is not directed at him, but I don't know what else to do...

Background...

I went to South Deerfoot Suzuki to look at an S4 but I was told that I could not get approved for financing because I am too young (18 yrs), but they did have an 99 A4 that that they could get me into. I told them I needed to figure some things out and that I might be interested. They said that if I leave them a $500.00 deposit, they could hold the car and that if I didn't take it, the deposit would be totally refundable.

Well after running a car fax, there was no info at all of this car ever being registered and no background info. There was also repaired rust damage that I was not aware of at the time I first looked at the car. I asked the dealership to provide the details of the cars history and they were unable. After that they even tried dropping the price as they really wanted this car sold.

Overall it left me with a very bad feeling about this car so I decided not to take it... Now comes the issues! They are refusing to give me my deposit back saying that they had another interested party during the time we were going back and forth and because they lost that sale so they no more will be returning the $500.00. I don't buy this as they have my cell number and could easily have contacted me and informed me of this giving them the chance to sell the car no problem.

I tried having my mom talk to them and they wouldn't have any part of talking about it and were totally rude and actually hung up on her! I even went as far as calling the dealer principle with my uncle only to be hung up on again! After calling him back, all he is offering is to move my deposit to a different unit, but I am totally uncomfortable with buying a car from these people now and I just want my $500.00 back, and they won't budge!

I guess now I am stuck going to the better business bureau and letting my terrible experience be known to anyone who will listen...

So in the end, BEWARE of South Deerfoot Suzuki!!!

My Ride
    the bandwagon!

mehhh. the good I have heard COMPLETELY outweighs the bad. I have heard to many good things to have a bad impression. There are always three sides to the story.

It sounds like you told them you would take the car. and they wanted to assure that with the deposit and you couldn't afford the car and they lost a sale as they were holding the car for you....Mehh Sounds fair to me. Get it in writing.

My Ride
    335i

Call AMVIC and see what they can do for you.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

Originally posted by adam c
    but that aside, there's no way you could have afforded the s4, i was looking into it and the payments would have been roughly 800+ month since they would only do a 2 MAYBE 3 year finance on it

that also doesn't include insurance and all the other stuff

How do you know this as fact?

My Ride
    Indian Scout

Maybe your issues stem from the fact that the vehicle of interest was neither JDM, nor a J-body spec. I'm sure they were just trying to avoid you embarrassing yourself with a non-applicable username. You should be thanking them.

Page 1 of 27 1 2 11 ... LastLast