Quantcast
Terrible Experience South Deerfoot Suzuki!!! - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Terrible Experience South Deerfoot Suzuki!!!

Originally posted by Envision
    From the AMVIC website:

"Q. I just bought a vehicle but have changed my mind. Can I cancel the deal and get my deposit back?

* Under normal circumstances, no. Your car purchase agreement is a legal contract.
    * The only exception is if the agreement was signed with conditions: e.g. the vehicle must pass an inspection first or suitable financing had to be available.
    * Speak to the dealer. They may be willing to work out an arrangement concerning the agreement but will probably keep the deposit.
    "
    An interesting point on that would be that the OP mentioned he was told that the deposit was refundable at the time he made it. I'm sure that's not exactly legal either. Although since it was verbal, it would be hard to prove. But either way the matter is only over $500 so its not going to end up in court.

The real battle ends up being a PR one. How much negative press and hassle is the dealership willing to go through over $500. It would seem to me that $500 is probably more valuable to an 18yr old than it is to a dealership.

My guess is the OP can get his money back if he is willing to go to some trouble. It will just be a matter of persistance. They are thinking you will just go away and it will be an easy 5 bill for them. You need to convince them that this is not the case, you are willing to do what it takes to get your money back.

If I were you, I would take it as high up the company ladder as you can. Try to talk to the owner or manager. If that doesn't yield results you can also try talking to Suzuki Canada. Try being polite and business like at first. If that doesn't work you can even send them a link to this thread. You can also tell them you are going to be contacting the media, or you will be standing in front of their dealership with a sign detailing your poor experience.

Bottom line is that if you keep annoying them and they keep hearing your name enough times, at some point they are probably going to say fuck it and give you money back just to make you go away. After all $500 is probably not a huge deal to them. Once they find out your not going away and its going to cost them more in bad press and hassles, I'm sure you'll get your money back.
    Last edited by Mixalot27; 12-10-2008 at 05:43 PM.

My Ride
    NC1

Wow.

I'm sure it'll get sorted out so let's not rush to any conclusions here.

For a young guy in school and helping so many others with any and all related to searching/buying a car, Norman is in my books.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride

Everybody seems to be jumping on Jeremiah because of his responses but they are not at all out of context.

Norman seems to be a pretty mature and chill guy, and thats why I tried to buy off him. But I had the exact same experience as Jeremiah. I was clearly serious, knew the exact model I wanted and had $20K to spend, and it seemed to a hassle to even get a response from him (via Pm, email, calling, showing up). The amount of respect you seem to get from him appears to be directly related to the amount of cash your going to spend.

Originally posted by JAYMEZ
    Wow gota love the band wagoners jumping on this one lol.. Let the customer and company figure it out. This is the first complaint ive ever heard. And then have competition come in here to stir shit up is pretty damn lame.

Thats like have Speedtech ranting about Tunerworks or something , just not professional at all.

Agreed.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/233476/ga...rs-cant-count/

Interesting. I hope this works out for you, cause I am in the market for a new car as well, and unless this situation has a satisfactory solution, I will not bring my business or recommend anyone to go to Deerfoot Suzuki.

All companies make mistakes, but it is how they fix them that sets them apart IMO.

Also, why the fuck would I want to deal with a dealership who HANGS UP on it's customers? I sure wouldn't want to deal with them if I was experiencing problems with a transaction.... Just my $0.02

It would really be a shame if a 16yr old and the rest of the guys there selling suzukis and other used cars were getting attitudes as though they were selling high caliber cars...

Let's hope this gets sorted.

Originally posted by Impreza

Also, why the fuck would I want to deal with a dealership who HANGS UP on it's customers? I sure wouldn't want to deal with them if I was experiencing problems with a transaction.... Just my $0.02

Can we be sure of this , if it was my mom , she would be the one hanging up in frustration.. I know when people want to get a point across they stretch the truth.. I dont see why a dealership would hang up , seems a bit strange to me .. They would know the person would call back again anyways! I just want to see what both parties have to say about this whole matter.. I am the one to jump on people when a story seems outa place.. I know im bad at this , but knowing these people , i just could not see it happening.

Anywho im outa this thread lol.
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

My Ride
    A250

Originally posted by ZorroAMG
    It would really be a shame if a 16yr old and the rest of the guys there selling suzukis and other used cars were getting attitudes as though they were selling high caliber cars...

Let's hope this gets sorted.
    Did they not sell Jaymez a high caliber car?
    Back on topic, so many of you guys are making a huge deal out of this. If you guys cared so much you might as well not buy cars at all. Every dealership has done shady things.

haha the best part of this thread is the advertising is for Deerfoot Suzuki

edit: ok so it changes, but the enitre time i was reading i kept seeing the grey lambo haha

My Ride

Originally posted by JAYMEZ

Can we be sure of this , if it was my mom , she would be the one hanging up in frustration.. I know when people want to get a point across they stretch the truth.. I dont see why a dealership would hang up , seems a bit strange to me .. They would know the person would call back again anyways! I just want to see what both parties have to say about this whole matter.. I am the one to jump on people when a story seems outa place.. I know im bad at this , but knowing these people , i just could not see it happening.

Anywho im outa this thread lol.
    Not doubting you at all.

But you worked there so clearly your going to be treated better than the average customer.

Even before when you didnt work there, anyone who frequents Beyond knows you have a new $50K car every few months and therefore are going to garner a better response from Norman than some kid trying to buy a 4 door civic.

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

Originally posted by 5hift

Not doubting you at all.

But you worked there so clearly your going to be treated better than the average customer.

Even before when you didnt work there, anyone who frequents Beyond knows you have a new $50K car every few months and therefore are going to garner a better response from Norman than some kid trying to buy a 4 door civic.

I've never worked there and I've always been treated like gold.

As Jaymez said, everyone stretches the truth a bit to get their point across. The OP could be doing the same.

I don't think I've ever heard one bad thing said about NBaker or South Deerfoot Suzuki dealership. Everyone's so eager to give him kudos when it's what everyone's doing... but one complaint and people are blowing it up like he fuckin' robbed the guy.

I find it very hard to believe that they simply kept his money, there has to be more to the story, which will eventually come out.

With that said, I wouldn't hesitate to go down and give them a deposit with no worries.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Originally posted by Jeremiah

The guy who doesn't understand the difference between your and you're is calling me "dumber than a sack of hammers"?

Interesting.
    I don't see a grammar badge so that just begs one question, who the FUCK do you think you are?

Edit - You don't seem to understand question marks. Or was that a statement?
    Last edited by JRSC00LUDE; 12-10-2008 at 06:59 PM.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Originally posted by Jlude
    I don't think I've ever heard one bad thing said about NBaker or South Deerfoot Suzuki dealership. Everyone's so eager to give him kudos when it's what everyone's doing... but one complaint and people are blowing it up like he fuckin' robbed the guy.

I find it very hard to believe that they simply kept his money, there has to be more to the story, which will eventually come out.

With that said, I wouldn't hesitate to go down and give them a deposit with no worries.
    You well may be right. I have never personally dealt with Deerfoot Suzuki or Norman myself. However it would seem to me that they now have a choice to make. They can keep the $500 if they are legally entitled to it (which it looks like they probably are) or they can refund the deposit and make the customer happy. While this thread now reflects negatively on them, they still have the opportunity to turn it into a positive. If they refund his money and apologize for the misunderstanding, then that would reflect favorably on them.

After all mistakes and misunderstandings happen at every business. Its the way they handle these situations that makes the difference between a good business and a bad one. Even if the OP is completely in the wrong, it would still be in Suzuki deerfoot's best interest to refund the customer the money. After all its only $500 and all the OP has to do is convince one person not to buy there, and they have lost out on more than that. So it would just make good business sense. And I for one would harbor no ill opinion against them if they did this, it would show they are willing to make thing right and value their reputation. Thats my opinion anyways.

My Ride
    15,000 red line

I've always got good response whenever I talked to Norman; he seemed very helpful and showed great respect. I remember seeing a thread not too long ago with the exact same story, deposit not being refunded and Norman solved the issue right away so I have no doubt that he would solve this one too. I have no doubt if I ever look for a car through a dealership Norman would be on the list even after these few incidents; this happens at every dealership but not everyone who goes to a dealership reports it on beyond.

I wouldn't call this thread 'big fuss' because OP made a thread just like someone makes a thread about GOFC; its just full of haters and typical e-soccer moms.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Yeah, this summer when I was looking for a car Norman ran several scenarios by me and was very helpful. I ended up not buying but only because a certain financial settlement I had to pay out ended up being larger than expected (of course). However, I was ready to give him my business due to nothing more than the efforts he was making to find what I wanted.

Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    honda.

Originally posted by Jlude

I've never worked there and I've always been treated like gold.

As Jaymez said, everyone stretches the truth a bit to get their point across. The OP could be doing the same.

Actually, I can say that I was personally in the room earlier today with Kenny while he was trying to talk to David Baker (the dealership principal) and Kenny was trying his best to explain the situation and David simply told him he didn't have to give him his deposit back and would only "think about it". After hanging up Kenny was very upset and called him back and asked him to speak with me because Kenny was having trouble explaining his point. Now if anyone knows me, I am a very rational person and I don't fly off the handle at all (at least not since I was in my teens alomst 20 years ago! lol). The very first thing out of Davids mouth was...

"due to the privacy act, I cannot talk with you about the details of this transaction"...

I said I was not asking about any personal detail of Kenny's and in fact I only wanted to relay kenny's point of view as Kenny was too frustrated to explain things properly. He literally told me..

"fine then... I simply refuse to talk to you and if you do not put Kenny only on the phone I will hang up!"

I said "but sir, I am not being confrontational at all and I just want to help get Kenny's point across"... I never got to finish the sentence because he hung up on me just like he said he would.

Kenny then called him back and the guy had the nerve to say not have his "stupid puppeteer" call again and that he would definitely not get his deposit back now... (I was right beside Kenny and could hear him clearly). Finally, he actually had the nerve to finally ask him if he could move him into a different car and that if he was willing to do that only, he would apply his deposit to that car!!!

Anyways, I like to think I have a great reputation in business and I would never normally get involved in another companies threads or issues, but with the way this guy even treated me for simply trying to talk to him on behalf of kenny, I would never buy a car from there and I would try and deter others from doing the same.

I apologise to all those that like this company and who work for them, and I am sure that there are many good people and experiences there, but if the owner can talk this way to people and consider it ethical problem resolving, I can't justify providing him with any of mine, or any other peeps, hard earned money...

To make it known to people who may have skipped through a lot of this, Norman is a stand up guy who had nothing to do with this transaction, so no need to think we are slamming him at all...
    Last edited by jdm_jspec; 12-10-2008 at 07:15 PM.

My Ride
    03' SVT Cobra 10th ann vert

Originally posted by Jeremiah

Ok Buddy? Not sure why you're calling people names but whatever?

Also I said Carproof, but I guess grimey guys like you use carfax because they hide a lot of things on Canadian vehicles that carproof would show.

I have run a bunch of carfax reports in the past couple of days, and normally it says "Bought from Public Auction" or "Bought from Dealer Auction".
    carfax used to hide shit but it does not now, show me where carproof shows more info than carfax now.

and i use carproof and carfax.

BTW: ZORRO what the fuck are you talking about? shut up man

"grimey guys" not sure why you're calling people names but whatever the fuck ever
    Last edited by Moe Man; 12-10-2008 at 07:18 PM.

Haha! Oops... I wrote a thread on Kenny's account on our open computer... That was actually my response... My bad... Sorry!

*EDIT*

Just so you all know, Kenny works for me (obviously) and he is a good kid. I know there is always 2 sides to every story but I still figured that maybe there was some kind of misunderstanding, but after trying to talk to this David fellow, I have no doubt that the unreasonable party is not Kenny...

Originally posted by jdm_jspec

Actually, I can say that I was personally in the room earlier today with Kenny while he was trying to talk to David Baker (the dealership principal) and Kenny was trying his best to explain the situation and David simply told him he didn't have to give him his deposit back and would only "think about it". After hanging up Kenny was very upset and called him back and asked him to speak with me because Kenny was having trouble explaining his point. Now if anyone knows me, I am a very rational person and I don't fly off the handle at all (at least not since I was in my teens alomst 20 years ago! lol). The very first thing out of Davids mouth was...

"due to the privacy act, I cannot talk with you about the details of this transaction"...

I said I was not asking about any personal detail of Kenny's and in fact I only wanted to relay kenny's point of view as Kenny was too frustrated to explain things properly. He literally told me..

"fine then... I simply refuse to talk to you and if you do not put Kenny only on the phone I will hang up!"

I said "but sir, I am not being confrontational at all and I just want to help get Kenny's point across"... I never got to finish the sentence because he hung up on me just like he said he would.

Kenny then called him back and the guy had the nerve to say not have his "stupid puppeteer" call again and that he would definitely not get his deposit back now... (I was right beside Kenny and could hear him clearly). Finally, he actually had the nerve to finally ask him if he could move him into a different car and that if he was willing to do that only, he would apply his deposit to that car!!!

Anyways, I like to think I have a great reputation in business and I would never normally get involved in another companies threads or issues, but with the way this guy even treated me for simply trying to talk to him on behalf of kenny, I would never buy a car from there and I would try and deter others from doing the same.

I apologise to all those that like this company and who work for them, and I am sure that there are many good people and experiences there, but if the owner can talk this way to people and consider it ethical problem resolving, I can't justify providing him with any of mine, or any other peeps, hard earned money...

To make it known to people who may have skipped through a lot of this, Norman is a stand up guy who had nothing to do with this transaction, so no need to think we are slamming him at all...
    Last edited by tirebob; 12-10-2008 at 07:26 PM.

My Ride
    Axis powers

^^for a second, i thought you were his mom or something
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    changes every year

Originally posted by 5hift
    Everybody seems to be jumping on Jeremiah because of his responses but they are not at all out of context.

Norman seems to be a pretty mature and chill guy, and thats why I tried to buy off him. But I had the exact same experience as Jeremiah. I was clearly serious, knew the exact model I wanted and had $20K to spend, and it seemed to a hassle to even get a response from him (via Pm, email, calling, showing up). The amount of respect you seem to get from him appears to be directly related to the amount of cash your going to spend.
    werd...exact same thing happened to me with him. it seemed as though because my trade in wouldnt give me enough to pay off my loan, he stopped contacting me. i have money to spend on a new car after my trade in even if i owe something, but it really does seem like if youre not trading and you just have the dough for a car, he'll treat you well. not trying to bash, because he has done good things with other people and thats why i contacted him, but no luck for me and it seems other people too.

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 16 ... LastLast