Quantcast
Full-size SUVs - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Full-size SUVs

Question Full-size SUVs

I am in the market for a full size SUV. I need the utility, second row of seats and must handle year round. Not interested in any domestic models either. Some options I've considered are;

-Nissan Armada
    -Toyota Sequoia
    -Infiniti QX56
    -Lexus 570

Any advisement and input on these models would be appreciated as well as any other recommendations. Thanks
    Last edited by Wildcat; 12-10-2008 at 03:17 PM.

Professional DJ equipment for sale: Click Here

Toyota Sequoia

Nissan Armada

Infiniti QX56

Lexus 570

Last edited by Wildcat; 12-10-2008 at 03:20 PM.

My Ride
    Axis powers

is there a reason you don't want a domestic?

ie
    Escalade?
    Denali?
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    2002 Lexus GS430

i wouldnt go with domestic as the resale value isnt that great.

i would go with the QX56, thats real nice, drives better then the toyota. more comfortable IMO
    Oliver

My Ride
    E39,Jacked up Cherokee,03 SVT Cobra

QX56 +1

My Ride
    Axis powers

resale prices on full size suvs aren't going to be that great anyways
    Sig nuked by mod.

Well, if you get a used one then that works out better for you that resale isn't that great.

OP, I'd look into a Lexus LX if I were you. Those things are awesome - but the 3rd row of seating is pretty much just for kids.

My Ride
    RX300

lexus RX
    trying is the first step towards failure

My Ride
    Indian Scout

I was recently in the market for a full size and test drove several Armadas and Sequoias. I thought the Armada was more truck for the money and had ride quality and handling.

That said, you can pick up a Q for not that much more as the large SUV market has tanked so I would go with the Infiniti.

My Ride
    GMC Acadia

Get a used domestic full-size. I'm in the market for an SUV now because the resale value on them is so shitty that I can afford a much nicer truck than I should be able to :p.

Honestly, the only thing domestic automakers have been getting right the last 10 years is their trucks and SUVs. My dad and I are looking at buying matching GMC Yukons, actually (him an 08/09XL and me an 07). It will be his 6th GMC truck in a row because each one has run like a top.

BTW as a current Nissan owner I wouldn't buy another new Nissan until they get their shit together, GT-R included.
    Originally posted by VIZSLA
    Seems that running qualifying in three heats worked so well we're now running the race in three parts too.
    1, On the track
    2, In the steward's box
    3, In Paris

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

The QX56 definitely has the nicest interior imo. But the Toyota exterior looks way better and it rides better imo. I also like the engine/transmission better in the Toyota. Reliability would be another big con for the Nissan/Infiniti imo.

I personally would like to replace my 06 Expedition with a Sequoia in the future although I probably won't simply because brand new they both lose too much money and at one year old the Expedition is so much cheaper the Sequoia isn't really worth it imo.

And if you are going to buy brand new, don't expect any of them to hold their value well. Full sized suv's just aren't in demand like they used to be, even with the cheap gas right now.

Originally posted by saiyajin
    lexus RX
    Not a full sized suv....
    Last edited by blownz; 12-10-2008 at 03:14 PM.

Originally posted by richardchan2002
    Well, if you get a used one then that works out better for you that resale isn't that great.

OP, I'd look into a Lexus LX if I were you. Those things are awesome - but the 3rd row of seating is pretty much just for kids.
    I just looked up the LX 570... wow. Is it a new model? Sounds like the general consensus here is to buy used but i'll add it to the list.

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

^ Not brand new, but expensive. 3rd row seat is just stupid in that thing.

I wouldn't be using the third row of seats, its not like I'll be driving the kids to soccer practice. The third row of seats in these vehicles do however have to fold down flush for extra utility. I'm not sure if all these models are capable of doing that.

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

^ every one will fold down flat except for the LX570. They fold up to the side blocking the rear windows. Unless they changed in the last year or so but I don't think so.

LX for sure - then QX.

Since the QX and Armada are the same vehicle, I'd just pick one out and focus the research on one.

The LX is a great SUV, and being built on the Land Cruiser platform makes it quite the versatile unit.

My Ride
    93 Eagle Talon TSI

Originally posted by iceburns288
    Get a used domestic full-size. I'm in the market for an SUV now because the resale value on them is so shitty that I can afford a much nicer truck than I should be able to :p.

Honestly, the only thing domestic automakers have been getting right the last 10 years is their trucks and SUVs. My dad and I are looking at buying matching GMC Yukons, actually (him an 08/09XL and me an 07). It will be his 6th GMC truck in a row because each one has run like a top.

BTW as a current Nissan owner I wouldn't buy another new Nissan until they get their shit together, GT-R included.
    I agree,the domestics build a much better looking suv,with lower ownership costs and equal reliability.I hear the Toyotas are total garbage and anything from Nissan is just plain ugly (Q-56)

So if i were to go domestic what would my options be? I don't want to be another douche in an escalade/denali though... and i'll never buy a ford. I'm open to everything else, lol.

My Ride
    K-car

My Yukon Denali has been a very solid and reliable suv,so they get my recomendation any day.I would recomend a Tahoe or Yukon if you need towing capability and like a truck based ute' from GM.The Ford Explorer and Expedition seem quite solid as well,but the GM offerings have better resale value.Dodge is also a option in the Durango,slightly smaller then a Tahoe or Expedition,but suffer from poor resale even worse due to the reliability and build quality of the first gen models.If you dont tow but need passenger space (up to eight) look at the Buick Enclave/GMC Acadia/Chevrolet Traverse or Saturn Outlook,all of which have had excelent review from all the car mags.The new Ford Flex is also a cool new entry worth a look.Happy hunting and i hope this helps!

My Ride
    94 5.0 2004 FX4

Originally posted by Wildcat
    So if i were to go domestic what would my options be? I don't want to be another douche in an escalade/denali though... and i'll never buy a ford. I'm open to everything else, lol.
    You pretty much got everything backwards as far as domestic goes... The Denali/Escalade are douche mobiles, but good ones at that. I wouldn't even look at chrysler SUV's, and Ford SUV's and trucks are about the only thing they do good, the Navigator is pimp if you have the money.

You will also get a great deal on a Denali right about now.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast