Quantcast
CPSC 203 Practice Exam - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: CPSC 203 Practice Exam

Default CPSC 203 Practice Exam

Hey all,

I'm in Mishtu Banerjee's CPSC203 class and am writing the final saturday at noon.
    Just wondering if anyone has any of his previous exams kickin' around for sale?
    Msg me $$.

Thanks.

you don't need practice exams.

His tests are easy and if you did well on your group project/assignments its like an easy A.

Just read the textbook/notes and your good. None of the questions require thinking its either you know it or you don't. Nothing where you have to breakdown an answer.

^^^ Are you kidding me? Banerjee was so horrible and so were his exams. His questions aren't even on anything he teaches.
    Good luck though...

My Ride
    '11 SWP Impreza

Bump - Anybody got old midterms/exams/practice saved on their computer, and wouldn't mind forwarding it?

Thanks!

^icky2unk you are uninformed...
    There was a change of curriculum this year....cpsc 203 is a lot harder than it was previous years.

My Ride
    '11 SWP Impreza

Originally posted by gqmw
    ^icky2unk you are uninformed...
    There was a change of curriculum this year....cpsc 203 is a lot harder than it was previous years.
    +1

Why did out of all the courses I could have picked, I chose this first-year course to do in 2nd year (the year they make it harder!)...sigh.

My Ride
    X3

What exactly did they do to make it harder? When I took it (a long time ago, mind you), our first lab was practicing double clicking on an icon (after the TA defined what an icon was) to open it up.

Originally posted by TC2002
    What exactly did they do to make it harder? When I took it (a long time ago, mind you), our first lab was practicing double clicking on an icon (after the TA defined what an icon was) to open it up.
    Haha that actually sounds like a joke.

Well for excel we are required to use about 90% of the available functions inside excel. This includes creating your own functions/statements for testing positive and negative. That isn't so bad.

But the access unit was a bit harder, doing queries, forms and functions that are available in access. Manipulating data....etc.

Then there was a jython programming unit - like for example one question was to design a program sequence to open a picture or w/e, to adjust the color to being all black/white, etc.

The problem wasn't totally the stuff you had to do, it was more like you had so many things to do in the 50 minute time boxed assignment, that it was really hard to finish within the time frame.

Basically I think this course now gives you a really good feel of the three programs. You can probably use them with ease. You learned a lot of useless things as well that you're probably going to never use again in your life.

My Ride
    X3

Originally posted by gqmw

Haha that actually sounds like a joke.

Well for excel we are required to use about 90% of the available functions inside excel. This includes creating your own functions/statements for testing positive and negative. That isn't so bad.

But the access unit was a bit harder, doing queries, forms and functions that are available in access. Manipulating data....etc.

Then there was a jython programming unit - like for example one question was to design a program sequence to open a picture or w/e, to adjust the color to being all black/white, etc.

The problem wasn't totally the stuff you had to do, it was more like you had so many things to do in the 50 minute time boxed assignment, that it was really hard to finish within the time frame.

Basically I think this course now gives you a really good feel of the three programs. You can probably use them with ease. You learned a lot of useless things as well that you're probably going to never use again in your life.

Wow... good to know you guys are learning something. True, you may never use it again, but at least you feel like the tutition you pay accounts for something.

Seriously. That was my first lab, taught by a mainland Chinese TA.

Sounds the same as when I took it winter last year.
    But ill take your word for it.

Originally posted by 96integra
    ^^^ Are you kidding me? Banerjee was so horrible and so were his exams. His questions aren't even on anything he teaches.
    Good luck though...
    His questions were strictly from his notes/textbook. None of which he taught which is why I didn't go to class once. His midterm was 20 questions asking rediculously easy questions. How do you average in excel... ooo so tough.

His final was not so easy but the way his course was graded made it very easy to get a good grade.

TBA's were a joker and assignment everyone got like 100% for doing it.

Originally posted by icky2unk

His questions were strictly from his notes/textbook. None of which he taught which is why I didn't go to class once. His midterm was 20 questions asking rediculously easy questions. How do you average in excel... ooo so tough.

His final was not so easy but the way his course was graded made it very easy to get a good grade.

TBA's were a joker and assignment everyone got like 100% for doing it.
    Either you're one of those nerds that sit right in front of him ...or you took the class with him when his writing was still readable

well i managed to get ahold of the last winter semester final before the final.. some of the mc were the same questions. However, this is the first year they did any programming in the labs. His midterm and final consisted of both mc and written. I believe it's also the first year he did written questions on his tests. the final consisted of 30 marks of mc and 40 marks of written.
    I found the written challenging and whoever was talking about the left-handed webding hieroglyphics on the overhead is dead on hahah... just terrible.

i'm just glad to be done the course, i don't know how i made it to even half of the classes.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Anyone have him last year, winter semester I believe and his zipper was down while trying to make a stern statement about talking at the same time he was and if you were doing it he would take you outside for a talk...

My Ride
    '05 Saabaru 9-2X

Are you actually using jython or just python? I guess it makes sense to use jython and get at the Java image classes and assorted standard library, but it seems overly complicated for an intro course.

My Ride
    '11 SWP Impreza

Originally posted by toastgremlin
    Are you actually using jython or just python? I guess it makes sense to use jython and get at the Java image classes and assorted standard library, but it seems overly complicated for an intro course.
    Actually using Jython, both in time-boxed assignments and on the final.

Written was fucking hard.

Hmm...I was in Tam's class this semester we did Python - they scale the exams based on all the CPSC lectures this semester so don't worry about it if your exam was hard...just hope everyone else in your class did bad so your class avg is below that of the other sections and you get bumped up