Quantcast
CPSC 203 Practice Exam - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: CPSC 203 Practice Exam

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Calgary/ Alberta
    Posts
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default CPSC 203 Practice Exam

    Hey all,

    I'm in Mishtu Banerjee's CPSC203 class and am writing the final saturday at noon.
    Just wondering if anyone has any of his previous exams kickin' around for sale?
    Msg me $$.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    341
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    you don't need practice exams.

    His tests are easy and if you did well on your group project/assignments its like an easy A.

    Just read the textbook/notes and your good. None of the questions require thinking its either you know it or you don't. Nothing where you have to breakdown an answer.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    216
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    ^^^ Are you kidding me? Banerjee was so horrible and so were his exams. His questions aren't even on anything he teaches.
    Good luck though...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    '11 SWP Impreza
    Posts
    1,899
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Bump - Anybody got old midterms/exams/practice saved on their computer, and wouldn't mind forwarding it?

    Thanks!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    672
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    ^icky2unk you are uninformed...
    There was a change of curriculum this year....cpsc 203 is a lot harder than it was previous years.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    '11 SWP Impreza
    Posts
    1,899
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Originally posted by gqmw
    ^icky2unk you are uninformed...
    There was a change of curriculum this year....cpsc 203 is a lot harder than it was previous years.
    +1

    Why did out of all the courses I could have picked, I chose this first-year course to do in 2nd year (the year they make it harder!)...sigh.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    X3
    Posts
    83
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    What exactly did they do to make it harder? When I took it (a long time ago, mind you), our first lab was practicing double clicking on an icon (after the TA defined what an icon was) to open it up.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    672
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally posted by TC2002
    What exactly did they do to make it harder? When I took it (a long time ago, mind you), our first lab was practicing double clicking on an icon (after the TA defined what an icon was) to open it up.
    Haha that actually sounds like a joke.

    Well for excel we are required to use about 90% of the available functions inside excel. This includes creating your own functions/statements for testing positive and negative. That isn't so bad.

    But the access unit was a bit harder, doing queries, forms and functions that are available in access. Manipulating data....etc.

    Then there was a jython programming unit - like for example one question was to design a program sequence to open a picture or w/e, to adjust the color to being all black/white, etc.

    The problem wasn't totally the stuff you had to do, it was more like you had so many things to do in the 50 minute time boxed assignment, that it was really hard to finish within the time frame.

    Basically I think this course now gives you a really good feel of the three programs. You can probably use them with ease. You learned a lot of useless things as well that you're probably going to never use again in your life.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    X3
    Posts
    83
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by gqmw


    Haha that actually sounds like a joke.

    Well for excel we are required to use about 90% of the available functions inside excel. This includes creating your own functions/statements for testing positive and negative. That isn't so bad.

    But the access unit was a bit harder, doing queries, forms and functions that are available in access. Manipulating data....etc.

    Then there was a jython programming unit - like for example one question was to design a program sequence to open a picture or w/e, to adjust the color to being all black/white, etc.

    The problem wasn't totally the stuff you had to do, it was more like you had so many things to do in the 50 minute time boxed assignment, that it was really hard to finish within the time frame.

    Basically I think this course now gives you a really good feel of the three programs. You can probably use them with ease. You learned a lot of useless things as well that you're probably going to never use again in your life.

    Wow... good to know you guys are learning something. True, you may never use it again, but at least you feel like the tutition you pay accounts for something.

    Seriously. That was my first lab, taught by a mainland Chinese TA.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    341
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Sounds the same as when I took it winter last year.
    But ill take your word for it.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    341
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by 96integra
    ^^^ Are you kidding me? Banerjee was so horrible and so were his exams. His questions aren't even on anything he teaches.
    Good luck though...
    His questions were strictly from his notes/textbook. None of which he taught which is why I didn't go to class once. His midterm was 20 questions asking rediculously easy questions. How do you average in excel... ooo so tough.

    His final was not so easy but the way his course was graded made it very easy to get a good grade.

    TBA's were a joker and assignment everyone got like 100% for doing it.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    216
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by icky2unk


    His questions were strictly from his notes/textbook. None of which he taught which is why I didn't go to class once. His midterm was 20 questions asking rediculously easy questions. How do you average in excel... ooo so tough.

    His final was not so easy but the way his course was graded made it very easy to get a good grade.

    TBA's were a joker and assignment everyone got like 100% for doing it.
    Either you're one of those nerds that sit right in front of him ...or you took the class with him when his writing was still readable

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Calgary/ Alberta
    Posts
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    well i managed to get ahold of the last winter semester final before the final.. some of the mc were the same questions. However, this is the first year they did any programming in the labs. His midterm and final consisted of both mc and written. I believe it's also the first year he did written questions on his tests. the final consisted of 30 marks of mc and 40 marks of written.
    I found the written challenging and whoever was talking about the left-handed webding hieroglyphics on the overhead is dead on hahah... just terrible.

    i'm just glad to be done the course, i don't know how i made it to even half of the classes.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Bicycle
    Posts
    413
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Anyone have him last year, winter semester I believe and his zipper was down while trying to make a stern statement about talking at the same time he was and if you were doing it he would take you outside for a talk...

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    '05 Saabaru 9-2X
    Posts
    476
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Are you actually using jython or just python? I guess it makes sense to use jython and get at the Java image classes and assorted standard library, but it seems overly complicated for an intro course.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    '11 SWP Impreza
    Posts
    1,899
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Originally posted by toastgremlin
    Are you actually using jython or just python? I guess it makes sense to use jython and get at the Java image classes and assorted standard library, but it seems overly complicated for an intro course.
    Actually using Jython, both in time-boxed assignments and on the final.

    Written was fucking hard.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    124
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hmm...I was in Tam's class this semester we did Python - they scale the exams based on all the CPSC lectures this semester so don't worry about it if your exam was hard...just hope everyone else in your class did bad so your class avg is below that of the other sections and you get bumped up

Similar Threads

  1. Help: CPSC 203 Midterm tips!

    By coldmind in forum Campus Chat
    Replies: 16
    Latest Threads: 10-14-2008, 05:55 PM
  2. looking for chem 203, glgy 203, phys 223 labs

    By nagooro in forum Campus Chat
    Replies: 0
    Latest Threads: 01-24-2008, 07:20 PM
  3. CPSC 203 with James Tam

    By Jynx in forum Campus Chat
    Replies: 11
    Latest Threads: 10-22-2007, 01:43 PM
  4. FS: CPSC 203 Textbooks *SOLD*

    By soupey in forum Miscellaneous Buy/Sell/Trade
    Replies: 5
    Latest Threads: 01-14-2005, 06:10 PM
  5. FS: First Year Textbooks (Math, Biol, Chem,Phys,CPSC 203) - Pics inside

    By nismodrifter in forum Miscellaneous Buy/Sell/Trade
    Replies: 14
    Latest Threads: 09-06-2004, 01:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •