Quantcast
Pick-Up Basketball - Page 10 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Pick-Up Basketball

My Ride
    Mom-van

Originally posted by beyondpinoy
    Bench Warmers vs Great Balls of Fire

YOUR TEAM is GOING DOWN!!! hahahaha jk!! see you there tonight Leah!!
    Yeah, what happened to the vacation? Felt too threatened that I was gonna light it up like usual? haha... actually truth be told, I forgot it was Wednesday and pounded my arms in the gym this morning, so my shot is gonna be off big time
    ~*Leah*~

My Ride
    Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 08

Originally posted by ~Leah~

Yeah, what happened to the vacation? Felt too threatened that I was gonna light it up like usual? haha... actually truth be told, I forgot it was Wednesday and pounded my arms in the gym this morning, so my shot is gonna be off big time
    haha forget Vacation!!! ive been waiting for a rematch since last season!! HAHA jk...... i wish i was on vacation now, sitting by the pool in cancun mexico drinking alot of alcohol. Stupid Swine flu messed up my vacation, and pushed it till the end of the month!!!

worst thing is, i end up playing this game, but some of my team mates decide to take vacation this week too, so we might be alittle short. it doesn't matter, were still going to win!! HAHAHAHA

Originally posted by hoamic11

Com'on, I mean really now; It's already a given that your your gonna lose tonight. You wait and see

Because it's an early game, we can get some food after, but I thought you couldn't play tonight or were out of town?
    i would be cool to get to meet you guys after and grab some food, but ive got another basketball game in a different league (over at the taliman center) right after our game.. oh man im going to be soo tired tonight...
    Last edited by beyondpinoy; 05-13-2009 at 11:23 AM.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

I'm ready, Coach
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Mom-van

Lol oh Gavin, you shoulda joined our team when you could!! We definitely have too many subs as it is lol.
    ~*Leah*~

My Ride
    Mom-van

And you're not allowed to be a Ringer for the other team. Nope.
    ~*Leah*~

My Ride
    99 Civic Si

Originally posted by sexualbanana
    I'm ready, Coach

Silly Leah, he's referring to me as Coach girl!
    Get wit da program

anybody up for some ball at eau claire market today?

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Hey Beyondpinoy, that's a pretty good idea!

My Ride
    Mom-van

He's a one man show anyway, you'd never get the ball

So..... what happened to the big win you were being so cocky about today???

That was a good game though, I must admit. We had a solid start then got cocky and fell apart the rest of the first half... Luckily we pulled our shit together in the 2nd half, but I'll tell ya, going from being down 8 to up 10 was a pretty big feat, we worked ya at the end! Not to rub it in or anything... lol... good game though.
    ~*Leah*~

My Ride
    Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 08

lol i still think we should of won yestarday!!! we had you guys on the ropes at halftime (that with some of our team missing)...

we ran out of legs tho (sucks when our girls had no subs) but its all good... you guys win this round, we'll win when it actually matters more (playoffs)

good game yestarday, see you guys in the playoffs!

p.s: Nice Jersesys "big deal!"

My Ride
    Mom-van

In all honestly, you can't use the "no girl subs" as an excuse because you guys don't even pass to them! We decided to stop worrying about them on defense half way through the first half. You definitely had us at half though....

And thanks!! The jerseys are so sweet haha... that's what my team calls me... what can I say, I'm kind of a big deal.
    ~*Leah*~

My Ride
    Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 08

In all honestly, you can't use the "no girl subs" as an excuse because you guys don't even pass to them! We decided to stop worrying about them on defense half way through the first half. You definitely had us at half though....

And thanks!! The jerseys are so sweet haha... that's what my team calls me... what can I say, I'm kind of a big deal.
    yeah i can use the "no girl subs" excuse... i might be the "ONE MAN SHOW" on offence (buhaha i should have that on my jersey), but they help alot on defence ...

honestly, i think the girls yestarday played a big role on defence, in the first half that gave us the lead.. one of our girls probably got 4-5+ steals yestarday... and our other girl is pretty tall that she can put a hand up and alter some of the shots and she grabed a couple rebounds ... but after the first half, they were exhausted... thats when you guys started scoring on us like nothing.... why does your team have to be sooo damn tall and full of energy!! geez... lol

i really hope we see your team in the playoffs... rematch A-G-A-I-N!! ... lol

oh yeah.. lol love the nickname "big deal"... its funny cuz i actually have a tshirt that says the exact same thing..
    Last edited by beyondpinoy; 05-14-2009 at 01:31 PM.

My Ride
    Mom-van

You really should have ONE MAN SHOW on your jersey, best nickname ever for you. I could tell the girls were exhausted. All that happened in the 2nd half is the roles were reversed. We couldn't drop a shot at the end of the 1st half and you guys went on a roll.... then you guys couldn't drop a shot in the 2nd half and we went on a roll. Yes, we have a tall team which helps. And the best part of our game is clearly our transition -- we fast break 2 people EVERY TIME. It's awesome!!

I'm sure you'll see us in playoffs... but that means you have to start winning LOL
    ~*Leah*~

My Ride
    99 Civic Si

lol i still think we should of won yestarday!!! we had you guys on the ropes at halftime (that with some of our team missing)...

we ran out of legs tho (sucks when our girls had no subs) but its all good... you guys win this round, we'll win when it actually matters more (playoffs)

good game yestarday, see you guys in the playoffs!

p.s: Nice Jersesys "big deal!"

I'll give your girls props for playing the whole game, it definitely takes alot out of them.

And just like Leah says, we started off great but died down, then didn't do much in the start of the second and picked it back up halfway through right till the end. Plus it helps when you miss those open layups

Can't say much on myself, as I played like shit for most of the game, up until the end.

Start winning and we'll see you in the playoffs for another good match

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

told you pinoy! you missed your chance

My Ride
    Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 08

I could tell the girls were exhausted. All that happened in the 2nd half is the roles were reversed. We couldn't drop a shot at the end of the 1st half and you guys went on a roll.... then you guys couldn't drop a shot in the 2nd half and we went on a roll.
    yeah you guys got on a roll at just the right time, and we ran out of gas at the worst time.. but that won't be the case next time

I'll give your girls props for playing the whole game, it definitely takes alot out of them.

And just like Leah says, we started off great but died down, then didn't do much in the start of the second and picked it back up halfway through right till the end. Plus it helps when you miss those open layups

Can't say much on myself, as I played like shit for most of the game, up until the end.

Start winning and we'll see you in the playoffs for another good match
    yeah usually we have 3-4 girls that show up, so they get even rotation, but two of our girls are off in jamaica this week party'in it up... so yeah, i feel for the girls who went the whole game..

as for me missing a couple easy layups , i wasn't shooting well last night, the ball just wouldn't go in the basket for me for some reason (i blame the super dusty/slippery courts we played on)...

Were 2-2-1(tie) right now.. i predict that we will win our next 2 games (lol sorry to any of those other teams on here reading this message), That should be enough for us to be in the top 4, and make the playoffs!!!

Originally posted by sexualbanana
    told you pinoy! you missed your chance
    hahaha sorry man, were actually full (in terms of guys, we offically have 7 guys on our team, which is already too much) if you were a girl, it would be a different story...
    Last edited by beyondpinoy; 05-14-2009 at 04:01 PM.

My Ride
    Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 08

horray for CSSC starting up again!! lol next week!!! YAY!

anyone else join this season?

i was going to make a new thread, but i found this one to restore!!

My Ride
    99 Civic Si

You know it man, can't wait to play next week. What div. you guys in?

My Ride
    Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 08

You know it man, can't wait to play next week. What div. you guys in?
    wasn't able to make a team this season with my usual group, so me and my buddy tried to join Rec+ as a indiviual on tuesdays, but there's no more space (we registarted late, as in yestarday late), so they put me and my buddy on the singles team in the REC division.

its all in good fun =) anyways

how about your team?
    Last edited by beyondpinoy; 01-14-2010 at 07:50 PM.

My Ride
    06 F-150

wasn't able to make a team this season with my usual group, so me and my buddy tried to join Rec+ as a indiviual on tuesdays, but there's no more space (we registarted late, as in yestarday late), so they put me and my buddy on the singles team in the REC division.

its all in good fun =) anyways

how about your team?
    How is the competition in the REC league? I am going to be playing in the spring and have been debating what league to join. Used to play a decent bit when I was in highschool, but am far from overly skilled. But I also don't want to play against people that have no idea what they are doing as I want to get better by way of playing against decent competition.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 LastLast