Quantcast
anyone else get into an accident today (dec7)? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: anyone else get into an accident today (dec7)?

Default anyone else get into an accident today (dec7)?

today i was driving down 14st southbound and some asshole in a red 93-95 pathfinder was driving like a maniac and ended up spinning and fishtailing. I was driving 20 km lower then posted speed limit and the pathfinder caused someone behind him to fishtail causing me to stop abruptly and fishtail also. I came to a stop finally as I swerved into the other lane and a cavalier hit the passenger side door.

Just a couple questions....I didn't hit anybody- I got hit although conditions were EXTREMELY bad and i did fishtail to avoid other drivers...i'm expecting the worse that the insurance company's will say it's no one's fault...what happens after that? how long is it going to take for me to get a rental car? the car is a 96 jetta and im assuming the damage is close to 2-3 grand, I'm assuming I will probably just get book value for it? Also, what do you think the insurance company will actually say...my fault or his, because he crashed into me and he has almost zero damage.

And let this be a reminder that all it takes is one asshole in a rush to fuck it up for other drivers.

hows the snow? is it wet? sticky? ice?

My Ride
    '08 AW E92 335i

Are the roads really bad in Calgary right now? My girlfriend is on her way back from Edmonton in my car and just called me to tell me that the traffic has come to a complete stop over by airdrie due to a few accidents.

It hasn't snowed at all down here yet.

My Ride
    RX300

its pretty bad its wet snow so pretty slushy but its gets packed down and turns to ice quite quickly
    trying is the first step towards failure

My Ride
    NC1

Did you have snow tires?
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Originally posted by Accord_tunerx
    hows the snow? is it wet? sticky? ice?
    I'd say a mixture of all 3...it was extremely icy the whole time driving on 14 street, I had already seen 2 people fishtail and I hadn't even left my community onto 14 street, lol

And teh crazy thing about it was...happened around 12:30pm and it still hadn't been snowplowed....ya gotta be kidding me.

Originally posted by funkedelic2
    Are the roads really bad in Calgary right now? My girlfriend is on her way back from Edmonton in my car and just called me to tell me that the traffic has come to a complete stop over by airdrie due to a few accidents.

It hasn't snowed at all down here yet.
    pretty bad bro...all of country hills blvd is backed up

My Ride
    F430, M3, 911

definatly curbed my wheels on the imreza today

Originally posted by max_boost
    Did you have snow tires?
    all-seasons I believe....

Originally posted by ~Porsche~
    definatly curbed my wheels on the imreza today
    that sucks...i couldn't believe the way this maniac in his suv was driving....and then to force 2 other people to fishtail & he gets away scot free.....just pisses me off. I was doing everything right, and I get fucked...can anyone help me out with the questions I asked? How long does it normally take for insurance to asses the situation and get me rental...what do you think will happen considering the cop says it was kinda no one's fault really (thats probbaly the worst situation).

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by wiggaplz

all-seasons I believe....
    Driving 20kms under posted limit, snow tires would have made a huge difference in this case. Just making a point on its importance.

Anyway, considering there's going to be hundreds of accidents, how fast do you think your insurance company can work?

I feel for the agents, they are going to be so fucked tomorrow.
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Reeks of Awesomeness

my dad called me to tell me not to go anywhere. He went from Canyon Meadows to Douglasdale and said he saw a ton of accidents and abandoned cars.

That is the first time he has ever told me not to go anywhere... usually he just says go slow and be careful.

So it must be really bad.

interesting, i got winter tires so no biggie for just curious if i should go out and get some warm pho today thats all. lol.

winter tires + vsa + heavy boat car = win haha
    Last edited by Accord_tunerx; 12-07-2008 at 04:57 PM.

Originally posted by max_boost

Driving 20kms under posted limit, snow tires would have made a huge difference in this case. Just making a point on its importance.

Anyway, considering there's going to be hundreds of accidents, how fast do you think your insurance company can work?

I feel for the agents, they are going to be so fucked tomorrow.
    I agree man...but at the same time I don't feel sorry one big because these insurance companies make so much profit anyways, who cares..i guess its the peons in the company that get fucked over with the hard work but like i said these insurance companies make so much money how can i feel sorry for them.

And I agree about the tire part, but I'm a broke ass college student=for the loss.

Originally posted by wardpr68
    my dad called me to tell me not to go anywhere. He went from Canyon Meadows to Douglasdale and said he saw a ton of accidents and abandoned cars.

That is the first time he has ever told me not to go anywhere... usually he just says go slow and be careful.

So it must be really bad.
    yeah I totally regret it...it was all so I could study for an exam I had tommorow. I totally regret it considering while I was driving I was thinking 'fuck this, the conditions are way to shit I should turn back' and then BAM, accident time. At least the cop was a nice guy and the guy who hit me wasn't being a douchebag. I'm just pissed I'm out of a car for a little while. How long you guys think anywayS?

My Ride
    is Turbocharged.

opened my garage to see like 20 ft of snow (exaggeration), no but actually like 3 feet.. my car is a snow plow but still fun to drive in the snow ... hopefully no accidents!
    Last edited by InLoveWitRSX; 12-07-2008 at 05:08 PM.

My Ride
    J35Z2

i have been home all day... so no accidents for me.. but
    all i keep hearing is cops and firetrucks... i live by whitehorn so pretty close to the firestaion here... and every 10 mins or so i hear i sirens.....

is it just me or do people become stupid when snow hits the ground?
    Originally posted by R!zz0
    Sunny Leone

I would love to make her my Butter Chicken

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by wiggaplz

I agree man...but at the same time I don't feel sorry one big because these insurance companies make so much profit anyways, who cares..i guess its the peons in the company that get fucked over with the hard work but like i said these insurance companies make so much money how can i feel sorry for them.

And I agree about the tire part, but I'm a broke ass college student=for the loss.
    Private business is in it for the $$$.

Yeah your repairs/settlement can take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months. You'll find out tomorrow.
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Cayman

I tried going out earlier today and damn was it brutal. I slid 4 times and amost got side swipped by a person in a SUV who slid towards me as he was turning into my road. All of this without even getting out of my community. Went back home and then I could not make it back up the drive way

My Ride
    old Toyotas

Driving is really bad right now.
    I have winters on my civic so it was good going 10 under speed limit but it was crazy how at a few uphill redlights that I passed, I saw a whole whack of cars in their all seasons unable to get going. Even a big truck carrying snow plowers was stuck. And accidents at almost most main intersections.

I did almost get in an accident with me waiting at stop sign and a Chinese lady turning right onto the street I was, she took the turn way too fast and if I hadn't backed up a bit when I saw her, my car would've definitely been hit. Not that I would've cared, I'd gladly get my winter beater written off and buy a better one.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast