Quantcast
Office Christmas partys - any changes to yours this year? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Office Christmas partys - any changes to yours this year?

Default Office Christmas partys - any changes to yours this year?

Lots of doom and gloom around this year. Paul Vickers was quoted in the news yesterday that his group is getting many cancellations of office partys this year, many on very short notice. He also stated that party budgets were smaller and the events much less extravagent.

So the question is, any changes at your office? Was your party cancelled or scaled down? Did you have an open bar all night last year and this year youre getting two free drinks tickets at the start and then its a cash bar?

At my company, no changes that I can see but ours is a never very extravagent like a night in Banff like some other firms. We get a good venue with a good meal and drinks all night with decent entertainment and prizes and it ends there.

And does your office call it a "Christmas Party" or is it Holiday Party or something along those lines?

My Ride
    2017 Q7, 2013 328 xDrive

We had our Christmas Party on Friday. It's my first one at this company since I changed jobs earlier in the year.

From what I heard, it was the same party as last year's, no real changes to it. About 1300 people were at it, so it's never open bar, just 2 drink tickets per person. I do know of some people that still went to Banff for theirs, as well as some who had their's cancelled altogether, and would only get a Christmas lunch.

We also have a department dinner coming up as well. Our dinner was called the Year End Thank You, but the company party was called a Christmas party.

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

My wife is helping out at the Encana childs party tomorrow, so I think they are doing okay.

Our party is the same as last year, the old company I was at, it sounds like their party out in the mountains is still going ahead.

I think we will see a change next year not this year.
    Cos...

My Ride
    POS

No changes to ours, had the adult and childrens one already back in November. Adult party was open bar and free taxi vouchers for the trip home if you got drunk. Last year we got two taxi vouchers, one to get there and one to get home, but this year was just one to get home, but I don't think it had anything to do with the budgeting. Childrens was the same $50 gifts for all kids. But wifes company had theirs in Banff and they were offered free rooms that accomodate 4 people but if you wanted your own you would have to pay $75? It's a mature environment and everyone is either married or has a bf/gf, so I found it kind of wierd to have have 4 people rooms.

2 Years ago, we had a catered dinner at the zoo.

this year we had a potluck in the office.

also, the company isnt giving us anything to give to our loyal customers. Its all out of pocket.

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Originally posted by Jeremiah
    2 Years ago, we had a catered dinner at the zoo.

this year we had a potluck in the office.

also, the company isnt giving us anything to give to our loyal customers. Its all out of pocket.

what industry
    Cos...

Just started this year at my job, but it seems like the same from what I heard from my coworkers - open bar before dinner, wine during, and cash bar after. Only place I've worked at that gives you up to four taxi vouchers - one for you and your guest to go there and home, assuming you don't live together.

My Ride
    impreza

The company I work for is owned by 2 parent companies.

One Christmas party was canceled all together. At the other one, the usual open bar was scaled back to a open bar for 3 hours, and then it turned into a cash bar. Not sure if it made a difference or not though, since it just encouraged people to binge drink and go home early.

My Ride
    17 Civic HB Sport

Our christmas party is in Banff every year and they even cover our hotel rooms for the night.
    Open bar all night, free dinner, gift exchange then we head to a bar nearby.

This year it changed a bit, we all got free lift passes and our guests as well to Sunshine the next morning after the christmas party

Not sure how thats going to work with a hangover tho.
    What kind of birdhouse can you build with popsicles, roofies, and a rubber mallet?
    "It's for a rare African bird called "none your business."
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    If you were straight I'd eat you like a BLT sandwich with extra Bacon. And I fucking LOVE bacon.

My Ride
    Audi

It's now a potluck at the office...

My Ride
    AMGGGGGGsixtythree

Investment Industry - scaled down a little,.

2007 Christmas - Clients, Family, Friends, Employees @ River Cafe
    2008 Christmas - Employees only @ Olives Restaurant

Open bar of course.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Our's is usually 2nights in Banff at either the Rimrock or Banff Springs Hotel. This year it was in town. Definitely scaled down.

I've never been to a Christmas party that didn't have open bar, food, and free taxi's.
    Last edited by 89coupe; 12-12-2008 at 09:56 AM.

My Ride
    2012 300C SRT8 /2015 F150 Platinum

Originally posted by LadyLuck
    Our christmas party is in Banff every year and they even cover our hotel rooms for the night.
    Open bar all night, free dinner, gift exchange then we head to a bar nearby.

This year it changed a bit, we all got free lift passes and our guests as well to Sunshine the next morning after the christmas party

Not sure how thats going to work with a hangover tho.
    ^ Best Party ever.

We had to change venues, this year with all the new employees.
    $2 bar
    Free Wine
    Taxi Vouchers
    Presents

The best part of our X-mas party's is a salesman and his wife who get trashed every year, cause drama, destruction and the occassional boob appearance on the dance floor.
    2014 Jeep SRT, 2015 F150 Platinum , 2013 Keystone Laredo 291TG

[Do][---+---][oD]

Free taxi's arent as much of a perk as they are covering the company's butt in terms of legal liability. If you get drunk at a Company function and then drive home and crash, the host (ie. the company) can be liable.

My Ride
    Model S

ours was flat-out canceled.

My Ride
    07' Balt SS

Same as last year... Lots of booze and food and some entertainment. Free shuttle bus driving people around(small town). And please urban.one; change your avatar.

My Ride
    SC 03 eclipse, 06 TJ,Shadow1100, HD FXSTC, Chopper

Ours is the same as last year, Nice restaurant, free booze, prizes, secret santa, and free cab rides home. The only thing that has changed is this year we decided to open the office for 3 days between x-mas and new years.
    Member since 2003.

My Ride
    wrx wagon

We had ours in Canmore a couple weeks ago. It was decent, buffet dinner, 3 drink tickets then cash bar, and your own hotel room to go pass out in.
    The 3 drink tickets thing is kinda lame, but when the person holding the roll is wasted, its not too hard to get extras
    Also had several bottles of wine at each table (free) so you could load up on that if you used all your tickets and didn't want to buy drinks. What killed me was going to the Drake after, I thought it would be a good idea to buy shots for all my superiors, spent close to $100

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

New company, but it was nice.

From what I was told, it's the exact same as last year.

Dinner, drinks and prizes in a banquet room downtown @ the Fairmont.

We don't do a Christmas party at my company. Instead we get a non-denominational party in May.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast