Quantcast
scaphoid fracture - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: scaphoid fracture

Default scaphoid fracture

wondering if anyone got it and what theyve done during the road to recovery..any tips to suggest a fast recovery..

i workout 5 days a week...monday wednesday and friday are my heavy weight days and tuesday and thursday are my cardio..

thinking 1 week from now when i get my cast off is to let it be free for 2 weeks then head back to the gym for some light weights and to strengthen the wrist again. any other suggestions>? ideas and ways to get my wrist back in shape
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

this is the exact injury i have right now too except I never got put in a cast. instead i just used a wrist brace so I would have a little movement in my wrist still.

the doctor advised me i shouldn't go to the gym until 6 weeks have passed. each day it been getting better and today is only the 5th day since my injury. the only advice he gave me of getting it to heal faster has been to try using it for normal stuff you regularly use your arm for such as holding a plate, opening the door, drinking from a cup, etc.

so basically just use my hand on a daily basis again?

im thinking bout letting it chill for a week then strength training...will that be too fast? just easy weights

Yes, that is what the doctor told me would be the best remedy. After 5 days of wearing a wrist brace and a bandage, I no longer have pain and I can do basically all my normal activities. The only time it bothers me is when I apply to much pressure to the wrist and now I no longer wear my brace. It seems to be a much speedier recovery than the expected 6 weeks the doctor was estimating.

I'm going to start strength training my wrist again this weekend with weights. Starting off with 5's and slowly building it up again.

good job man! i had a cast and its been 5 and a half weeks and i couldnt stand it so i ripped it off this morning...its still kinda sore probably because i havent moved it for a while but yea i'll give it a week and off to the gym ! good luck