Quantcast
Thinking of buying this car.. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Thinking of buying this car..

My Ride
    '08 AW E92 335i

Default Thinking of buying this car..

I have had my eye on a 335i and i saw one that they have at Calgary BMW that i was interested in.

link to 335i

I really love this car, i love the red on black. The only thing i wish it had was Navigation and i'm not really feeling the wood trim on that interior.

I was thinking i could knock off the price a bit, and i inquired about it online and one of the salesman sent me 2 different quotes. One was a leasing quote for a brand new 335i, but i'm not interested in leasing. The other was to finance this car.

Total sales price: $52,951
    (Registration, GST, rubber mats,)
    Monthly payment: $902 (4 term) 6% finance rate 0 downpayment

How much room is there here to negotiate? I don't want to spend 52k on this car because i don't think it is worth it. I was thinking more around mid 40k would be a fair deal.

This would be my first time buying from a dealer, so i need some advice from those that have done it before. Should i wait out until next year and hope prices are better on cars? Should i just bite the bullet and buy new?

I was thinking of buying slightly used because after adding everything up on a new car, it is more than i want to spend. I don't want to spend more than $950 per month right now.

Advice ..?

$52,000 for an 07? No way, now that the updated versions are out.

Engine: 3.5

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

i highly doubt you can knock 10% off the price
    maybe you should go look at some private listings if you're looking for a better price

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

I just took a white 335i coupe in on trade, it's a local car, one owner, 14500kms, it's also an Xi so AWD. We're asking $43900. So yah, that's a high price for what you're getting.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    '08 AW E92 335i

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
    I just took a white 335i coupe in on trade, it's a local car, one owner, 14500kms, it's also an Xi so AWD. We're asking $43900. So yah, that's a high price for what you're getting.
    send me the link. I checked the lexus of calgary website but didn't find it..

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Originally posted by funkedelic2

send me the link. I checked the lexus of calgary website but didn't find it..
    hehe just came in no one knows about it yet.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

im diggin the red leather
    Arguing over the internet is like cheering on the Oilers. Win or lose, you're still a dumbass.

Originally posted by G-ZUS
    you mack daddy

My Ride
    SDS Lambo's and nbaker wild

in Toronto here, the big BMW dealership have 07's in with 20-40k going for high 30's to mid 40's so thats definitely high man

i dont know if they still have them but bmw had two 08 black coupes that are bid cars with black on red and they were selling for $52 plus taxes and fees so for an 07 to be that price is kinda ridiculous.

My Ride
    '08 AW E92 335i

Yeah well 49k is the list price for the car.
    It does have the premium and sport package as well, so its has a share of decent options. I don't want to pay that though, so i think i might just hold off for something else. The last thing i want to do is just jump on whatever without thinking it through enough.

My Ride
    NC1

Funkedelic, I think you should check out that 335XI listing redlyne_mr2 has. I'm kind of interested too.

Just went to the BMW website, the XDrive is heavier by 200lbs but slightly quicker than its RWD counterpart. I had no idea!
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Originally posted by funkedelic2
    Yeah well 49k is the list price for the car.
    It does have the premium and sport package as well, so its has a share of decent options. I don't want to pay that though, so i think i might just hold off for something else. The last thing i want to do is just jump on whatever without thinking it through enough.
    i'd rather have an 08, in 07 the 335's had some issues with the turbo's but they all have issues with their fuel pumps.

Originally posted by max_boost
    Funkedelic, I think you should check out that 335XI listing redlyne_mr2 has. I'm kind of interested too.

Just went to the BMW website, the XDrive is heavier by 200lbs but slightly quicker than its RWD counterpart. I had no idea!
    Yea but then again they do post the 0-60 in like 5.6 seconds, when it's actually like 5.0 for the RWD. Don't forget that with the xi you will also lose a lot of power due to the extra diff.

My mom has a 335xi. Very fast car, though not the best AWD system around. If you take it easy in the winter w/ winter tires you'll be fine with the RWD.

The xi is a tank in winter. We still have the oem all seasons on it, and it has had no problems over the last week. Acceleration is just as brutal and you can climb any hill with no problem. The winters get here next week and it will be a different game.

If it was my money, I would go with a coupe 335i, spend about $1500-2000 for a good LSD (open diff from factory sucks), and a chip that can be removed prior to service. All said and done, at this altitude an M3 will stand no chance, corners or straights.
    Last edited by dimi; 12-13-2008 at 05:45 PM.

Originally posted by bigboom

i'd rather have an 08, in 07 the 335's had some issues with the turbo's but they all have issues with their fuel pumps.
    No issues with turbos, the fuel pump is prone to failure though.

My Ride
    NC1

Do you guys know if heated seats and electrically adjustable seats with memory were standard on the 08's? How about sunroof?

XDrive tires are 225/45/17, running 215/45/17 OK?

Thanks!

Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    '08 AW E92 335i

I got the information on this car already. I was very interested, good price, AWD, low kms and the car is alpine white

However it is automatic and does not come with the paddle shifters, and is a standard package. Doesn't seem to have very many options which is why i think it is priced the way it is.

Im thinking about it but i'm thinking the search continues..

Do you guys know if heated seats and electrically adjustable seats with memory were standard on the 08's? How about sunroof?

XDrive tires are 225/45/17, running 215/45/17 OK?

Thanks!

Our car was an 08, and I do not believe the memory seats were standard. There is a premium package that includes most of this stuff as well as the memory garage door opener and other stuff and the nice leather, although it is $4000. Sunroof is standard.

As well if you get an xi, dont get a sport package. On an i it includes the sport suspension, but on an xi it is only 18" wheels, sport seats and paddles.

Another thing. If you are contemplating b/w auto or 6 speed I would highly recommend the auto box. It is a very nice ZF gearbox, and much better/smoother than the GM one found in the 328. I have driven both the auto and manual and these were my observations.
    1. The manual has very long throws, and I am not a fan of the clutch feel.
    2. The auto shifts just as quick, and you would have to be a very good driver to outshift the auto in this car.
    3. The auto gearbox is geared higher 1-4 gears so there will be more acceleration as well.
    4. It also adapts to your driving style.
    5. If you get the paddles, it rev matches very nicely and shifts on command, unlike other gearboxes that take a while to respond.

Overall not as nice as DCT, but still a very good transmission.

Are you wondering about the tires sizes in winter tires? I'm sure you could run them on the stock wheels, but I would still stick to the OEM sizes, especially if you have tire warranty. You never know with dealerships, they might claim that the 215 produces "too much stretch" and they might not honor your tire warranty if you get flat.
    Last edited by dimi; 12-13-2008 at 06:07 PM.

My Ride
    '08 AW E92 335i

Originally posted by dimi

Our car was an 08, and I do not believe the memory seats were standard. There is a premium package that includes most of this stuff as well as the memory garage door opener and other stuff and the nice leather, although it is $4000. Sunroof is standard.

As well if you get an xi, dont get a sport package. On an i it includes the sport suspension, but on an xi it is only 18" wheels, sport seats and paddles.

Another thing. If you are contemplating b/w auto or 6 speed I would highly recommend the auto box. It is a very nice ZF gearbox, and much better/smoother than the GM one found in the 328. I have driven both the auto and manual and these were my observations.
    1. The manual has very long throws, and I am not a fan of the clutch feel.
    2. The auto shifts just as quick, and you would have to be a very good driver to outshift the auto in this car.
    3. The auto gearbox is geared higher 1-4 gears so there will be more acceleration as well.
    4. It also adapts to your driving style.
    5. If you get the paddles, it rev matches very nicely and shifts on command, unlike other gearboxes that take a while to respond.

Overall not as nice as DCT, but still a very good transmission.

Are you wondering about the tires sizes in winter tires? I'm sure you could run them on the stock wheels, but I would still stick to the OEM sizes, especially if you have tire warranty. You never know with dealerships, they might claim that the 215 produces "too much stretch" and they might not honor your tire warranty if you get flat.
    Very useful information I will keep this in mind if i end up with a 335.

My Ride
    Elitist ideas into puritan minds

I like buying for cash, as *some dealers prefer it and they are more willing to haggle a bit.

If it is out of your books, I recommend looking at 08s 335xi, as their financing rates here are floating around the 1.00% mark for up to 60 months of financing.

If you have a business and can deduct payments, GO lease at 2.00%.

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

I'm amazed you're selling your M3, I'd stick with that any day of the week, over a 335,
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast